Earbuds Round-Up
Sep 28, 2017 at 7:34 PM Post #23,326 of 75,534
I use the donut foams on my graphenes

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-diy-graphene.22565/reviews

Frequency response for the graphenes are there, vs shozy stardust/BK . The highs are nice actually, and so is the bass. It's just that there is a small recession in mids, which definitely can be compensated for with the right DAP pairing or EQ. The majority of the music I listen to is mid oriented, but I listen to everything...so graphenes can handle my wide range of music with the right set up.

Sep 28, 2017 at 7:48 PM Post #23,327 of 75,534
Also, I'm finding that the graphenes are probably the only earbuds where I actually like the cheap full foams, even over a monk foam. The monk foams are slightly more detailed for sure, but the bass difference is pretty dramatic between the two foams. If only monk foams werent so fragile and expensive for the amount of foams you get. I'm wondering if hiegi full foams would be my preferred foam for graphenes

They need to bring out a foam with heigi density on the outside and monk density on the middle :)

That would be the ultimate foam for clarity and full sound!

Would be somewhat more complicated to make though lol

Sep 28, 2017 at 7:52 PM Post #23,328 of 75,534
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/nicehck-diy-graphene.22565/reviews

Frequency response for the graphenes are there, vs shozy stardust/BK . The highs are nice actually, and so is the bass. It's just that there is a small recession in mids, which definitely can be compensated for with the right DAP pairing or EQ. The majority of the music I listen to is mid oriented, but I listen to everything...so graphenes can handle my wide range of music with the right set up.
I bought the white graphene hope it’s all good

Sep 29, 2017 at 4:17 AM Post #23,329 of 75,534
They need to bring out a foam with heigi density on the outside and monk density on the middle :)

That would be the ultimate foam for clarity and full sound!

Would be somewhat more complicated to make though lol
Try this
100 Pcs Black Sponge Earbud Headphone Cap Ear Pads Cover Replacement
http://s.aliexpress.com/MFbuuMri
(from AliExpress Android)
P70927-120134.jpg
P70927-120419-001.jpg

Sep 29, 2017 at 7:00 AM Post #23,331 of 75,534
Try this
100 Pcs Black Sponge Earbud Headphone Cap Ear Pads Cover Replacement
http://s.aliexpress.com/MFbuuMri
(from AliExpress Android)

100 pcs/50 pairs for less than €1??? That's some amazing value right there. Thanks! I needed new monk foams or similar I'll give these a try!

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:19 AM Post #23,334 of 75,534
Looks like AliExpess has security verification for bank cards which require a photo scan of either your ID or passport.

I cannot provide either of those to a Chinese merchant.

From what they told me, it's on their end, not my bank or Visa. This is rediculous as I do not want my id compremised!

Any other ways to purchase buds?

Sep 29, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #23,335 of 75,534
Looks like AliExpess has security verification for bank cards which require a photo scan of either your ID or passport.

From what they told me, it's on their end, not my bank or Visa. This is rediculous as I do not want my id compremised!

Penon audio, EBay and also some DIY manufacters have their own site or their own FB page, and you can order from there.

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:21 AM Post #23,337 of 75,534

Have you tried other sellers on AliExpress? I think I only had that happen with VE through that site. I was able to buy other things from other sellers.

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #23,338 of 75,534
Have you tried other sellers on AliExpress? I think I only had that happen with VE through that site. I was able to buy other things from other sellers.
I tried purchasing individual items, and also contacted AliExpress. And they told me they need to run verification to protect sellers supposedly, but that makes no sense. More like they are accumulating our personal info which compremises our identity.

Sep 29, 2017 at 11:36 AM Post #23,339 of 75,534
I went through this, gave a photo of my driving licence, and a screenshot of my last aliexpress purchase from my credit card statement (just a few line, no account details)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back