Earbuds Round-Up
Dec 5, 2022 at 2:51 PM Post #66,961 of 75,548
Shiiiiiiiiiiped!

Hey, I guess keeping our fingers crossed worked, eh? Congratulations on your shipping confirmation and cheers to new buds soon! 🍻

Dec 5, 2022 at 4:08 PM Post #66,962 of 75,548
While waiting for FF5 to land - this arrived at my doorstep :sweat_smile:

Attachments

• sun copper.jpg
    sun copper.jpg
    573.8 KB · Views: 0
Dec 5, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #66,963 of 75,548
Dec 5, 2022 at 4:30 PM Post #66,964 of 75,548
While waiting for FF5 to land - this arrived at my doorstep :sweat_smile:

Nice! Customs has my FF5s. You'll have to let me/us know how you like the VE Sun.

Edit: Congratulations on the new pair, BTW!

Dec 5, 2022 at 4:35 PM Post #66,965 of 75,548
Yeah, my FF5's landed in the U.S. yesterday, so figure maybe I'll have them within 10 -14 days (based on assumptions about workload at customs and USPS in general). Looking forward to trying them; plan to sell my only set of headphones shortly after the new year. (I admitted to myself well over a year ago, after 15+ years in this hobby that I'm not a headphone guy, hahaha, but I keep winding up with a pair to *not* use, LOL). Plan is to stick to earbuds and IEMs going forward....but we'll see.

Dec 5, 2022 at 5:04 PM Post #66,966 of 75,548
I added a pair of NSC audio LCP 80ohm that @JAnonymous5150 has been recommending to my 11.11 DIY order, and I'm giving them a quick listen now.
Initial impressions:
Definitely a fun set, music sounds natural and engaging. More detail than the X6 or PAC earbuds, with a good amount of bass still. Nightclub Junkie by YUC'e was clear and nothing was lost. Limit to Your Love by James Blake had the piano sounding good and was actually OK when it came to the bass wobble.
I'll have to do some A/B listening but these might become my go-to buds.

Dec 5, 2022 at 5:16 PM Post #66,967 of 75,548
I added a pair of NSC audio LCP 80ohm that @JAnonymous5150 has been recommending to my 11.11 DIY order, and I'm giving them a quick listen now.
Initial impressions:
Definitely a fun set, music sounds natural and engaging. More detail than the X6 or PAC earbuds, with a good amount of bass still. Nightclub Junkie by YUC'e was clear and nothing was lost. Limit to Your Love by James Blake had the piano sounding good and was actually OK when it came to the bass wobble.
I'll have to do some A/B listening but these might become my go-to buds.

Awesome! I'm glad you're liking them so far. I find myself listening to them quite a bit.

Dec 5, 2022 at 7:59 PM Post #66,968 of 75,548
Nice! Aaaand?? How does it compare to the Serratus?
Need some time to listen more but some initial impressions:

Bass is leaner on the Sun Copper vs the Serratus but it is cleaner - not as much rumble as I'd like but it's very detailed. Serratus wins in sub-bass extension and rumble, Sun Copper wins in clarity. No other bud I have heard has sub-bass quite like the Serratus but they are very different - like comparing apples to oranges :p

Sun Copper mids are probably the cleanest I've heard in any transducer - it's making everything else I listen to sound fuzzy on A/B.

Treble is very airy and sparkly - very well-extended and very natural sounding. Similar to Serratus in this respect here - need more time to compare though.

I can already say Sun Copper's resolution is best in class from lows-to-highs (among the transducers I've owned or heard). I'm hearing details I've never heard before in songs I've heard a million times before regardless of transducer type.

Stage is very wide and deep with great separation and imaging. I think Sun Copper takes it by a hair here as it does have better separation and more precise imaging and positioning. The Serratus does sound a bit more like a 2.1 system though which is super nice.

One thing to note: Sun is a tricky fit - takes some playing around to get it seated right but it does stay firmly in place once I get it there.

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2022 at 8:15 PM Post #66,969 of 75,548
Jumped on the NSC LCP 80Ω bandwagon as well. NSC Audio DIY store is having a sale with additional discount right now, so added them (buds only, no cable) in with some other DIY buds stuff to make the discount. My FF5 haven't made it onto the freedom bird yet. Waiting, waiting...

Dec 5, 2022 at 8:44 PM Post #66,970 of 75,548
Jumped on the NSC LCP 80Ω bandwagon as well. NSC Audio DIY store is having a sale with additional discount right now, so added them (buds only, no cable) in with some other DIY buds stuff to make the discount. My FF5 haven't made it onto the freedom bird yet. Waiting, waiting...

Does 5 or 6 guys on one thread count as a bandwagon? How many people do I have to get to buy it before I can claim that I've started a hype train? LOL 🤣

Seriously though, they really are quite good. They have a nice balanced signature that stays detailed and clean from top to bottom. I hope you dig yours as much as I dig mine. You'll have to let me/us know.

Dec 5, 2022 at 8:55 PM Post #66,971 of 75,548
Need some time to listen more but some initial impressions:

Bass is leaner on the Sun Copper vs the Serratus but it is cleaner - not as much rumble as I'd like but it's very detailed. Serratus wins in sub-bass extension and rumble, Sun Copper wins in clarity. No other bud I have heard has sub-bass quite like the Serratus but they are very different - like comparing apples to oranges :p

Sun Copper mids are probably the cleanest I've heard in any transducer - it's making everything else I listen to sound fuzzy on A/B.

Treble is very airy and sparkly - very well-extended and very natural sounding. Similar to Serratus in this respect here - need more time to compare though.

I can already say Sun Copper's resolution is best in class from lows-to-highs (among the transducers I've owned or heard). I'm hearing details I've never heard before in songs I've heard a million times before regardless of transducer type.

Stage is very wide and deep with great separation and imaging. I think Sun Copper takes it by a hair here as it does have better separation and more precise imaging and positioning. The Serratus does sound a bit more like a 2.1 system though which is super nice.

One thing to note: Sun is a tricky fit - takes some playing around to get it seated right but it does stay firmly in place once!

The VE Sun Coppers sound really impressive. Based on what you and another friend of mine who owns them have said, I think I'm gonna have to track down a pair of these for myself. That said, I'm leaving in just a few weeks so it's gonna have to wait for at least a few months. Congratulations on the buds, bro!

Dec 5, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #66,972 of 75,548
Does 5 or 6 guys on one thread count as a bandwagon? How many people do I have to get to buy it before I can claim that I've started a hype train? LOL 🤣

Seriously though, they really are quite good. They have a nice balanced signature that stays detailed and clean from top to bottom. I hope you dig yours as much as I dig mine. You'll have to let me/us know.
I will buy them too

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221205_200824_com.brave.browser.jpg
    Screenshot_20221205_200824_com.brave.browser.jpg
    311.7 KB · Views: 0
Dec 5, 2022 at 9:17 PM Post #66,973 of 75,548
Dec 5, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #66,975 of 75,548
But those are 32ohm 🤔🤔

There is a 32ohm Titanium version and an 80ohm LCP version.

Edit: The LCP version is the one I have been recommending that we've been discussing.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back