Earbuds Round-Up
Aug 7, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #71,087 of 75,486
Fiio JW1, open tws launched. Looks like earbud form factor in TWS. Looks interesting, will try this out.

Link to Taobao, Fiio JW1

1691393876945.png

1691393820248.png

Aug 7, 2023 at 5:32 AM Post #71,088 of 75,486
Hello everybody. please help me choose between FIIO FH7S and MOONDROP BLESSING 2-3. Player Shanling M6 Ultra. I mainly listen to music melodic death metal,rap, sometimes electronic.I will also gladly listen to your suggestions regarding the purchase of headphones that are included in the budget up to 400 dollars.

Aug 7, 2023 at 6:03 AM Post #71,089 of 75,486
Aug 7, 2023 at 7:04 AM Post #71,090 of 75,486
Hello everybody. please help me choose between FIIO FH7S and MOONDROP BLESSING 2-3. Player Shanling M6 Ultra. I mainly listen to music melodic death metal,rap, sometimes electronic.I will also gladly listen to your suggestions regarding the purchase of headphones that are included in the budget up to 400 dollars.
I am afraid that you are in the wrong thread for that sort of thing. Those are IEMs (in ear monitors) or earphones, where this thread is dedicated to earbuds (classic flathead earbuds). You might consider starting your own thread to ask for assistance on this?! :)
anything below $350
Firstly, I am assuming that the EB2S Pro and the EB2S have the same tuning, so take this all with a grain of salt because I have the EB2S, not the Pro version.

There isn't really a ton of buds out there that have the same tonality (that I am aware of), except for something like the Smabat M2s Pro. Unfortunately it has been discontinued for the newest release of the M4. While they are similar overall in tone, for me they have more of a boosted 3K (too much for me, but YMMV). I have found that the stock driver that comes with it is the worst for this boost, so if you go that route, I might pick up either the 100Ohm Super One driver, or the 150Ohm ST10S driver.

Something akin to, but not exactly alike would be the Moondrop Chaconne. The overall tone might be similar, but is it so much more refined, and smooth. It is not nearly as aggressive as the EB2S overall though.

Most of the others that I might recommend are much warmer and have much more bass presence. If you are interested in one of those let us know?!

Aug 7, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #71,091 of 75,486
Those are IEM's not Earbuds. Head over into the IEM section. Maybe the discovery thread... Click

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2023 at 7:29 AM Post #71,092 of 75,486
I am afraid that you are in the wrong thread for that sort of thing. Those are IEMs (in ear monitors) or earphones, where this thread is dedicated to earbuds (classic flathead earbuds). You might consider starting your own thread to ask for assistance on this?! :)

Firstly, I am assuming that the EB2S Pro and the EB2S have the same tuning, so take this all with a grain of salt because I have the EB2S, not the Pro version.

There isn't really a ton of buds out there that have the same tonality (that I am aware of), except for something like the Smabat M2s Pro. Unfortunately it has been discontinued for the newest release of the M4. While they are similar overall in tone, for me they have more of a boosted 3K (too much for me, but YMMV). I have found that the stock driver that comes with it is the worst for this boost, so if you go that route, I might pick up either the 100Ohm Super One driver, or the 150Ohm ST10S driver.

Something akin to, but not exactly alike would be the Moondrop Chaconne. The overall tone might be similar, but is it so much more refined, and smooth. It is not nearly as aggressive as the EB2S overall though.

Most of the others that I might recommend are much warmer and have much more bass presence. If you are interested in one of those let us know?!
Unfortunately, eb2s pro and non pro are wayyyy different.

Aug 7, 2023 at 9:24 AM Post #71,094 of 75,486
Ah, well then I suppose you can disregard my entire post. Sorry that I won't be of much help to you.
it's ok. Just decided on Yinman 600!

Aug 7, 2023 at 1:04 PM Post #71,096 of 75,486
Got my like-new FF5 earlier today and spent most of the day listening while cleaning up my digital jukebox (fixing tags, deleting songs that I don’t enjoy as much, etc).

It’s definitely the preferred earbuds for my ears at home. I like the sound very much. I need to experiment with the included tips, though, because the black silicone rings don’t do a good job keeping the buds in my ears. Maybe I should put on foams instead. One side effect of poor fit was that the included cable felt very heavy.

On a side note, it is unfortunate I cannot use my FiiO UTWS5 with my buds because mine is the 2-pin version; I had bought this months ago way before earbuds returned to my consciousness. I do have MMCX converters, but the stem gets way too long, so I can’t make things rest stably on my ears. Not throwing blame here, just giving a heads up in case there’s someone else in a similar situation.

Question about the cable. The FF5 comes with a cable whose audio plug is interchangeable between 3.5mm and 4.4mm. This means by changing the plug, I can get either a balanced or an unbalanced cable?

Aug 7, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #71,098 of 75,486
Question about the cable. The FF5 comes with a cable whose audio plug is interchangeable between 3.5mm and 4.4mm. This means by changing the plug, I can get either a balanced or an unbalanced cable?
Yes. The connector for the interchangeable plug is four pins, so with the 4.4 mm attachment you get the two phases to each side, and with the 3.5 mm attachment you get the usual shared ground.

Aug 7, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #71,099 of 75,486

Users who are viewing this thread

Back