Effect Audio cables thread
Jan 1, 2024 at 7:53 PM Post #7,651 of 7,911
Hello, First post in a long time. I've been here since the beginning in 2011. I have an Effect Audio Leonidas 2, 4 wire cable that just broke. The left 2 pin wire just literally fell out and needs to be repaired. The cable has only 60 hrs on it and is MINT
I'm Really disappointed in the quality of the soldering on the 2 pins wires This should not happen on a $1000.00 cable with so few hours After reading thru some threads I'm not the only one this has happened to. I am not happy.. Who do I contact to get this fixed as fast as possible? Effect Audio doesn't even have a phone number to contact them. This is just great. Thanks for any help you can give
Hey @jimboy0 thanks for sharing this! Do reach out to our service team at info@effectaudio.com, they should get back to you within a day! Let me know if you need any help 😄

- Jordon

Effect Audio Stay updated on Effect Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jan 1, 2024 at 8:58 PM Post #7,652 of 7,911
Hey @jimboy0 thanks for sharing this! Do reach out to our service team at info@effectaudio.com, they should get back to you within a day! Let me know if you need any help 😄

- Jordon
Jordan, Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I just sent a message. I'll let you know if I need any help. And so the broken cable journey begins. I hope it's a smooth and quick ride. Jim

Jan 1, 2024 at 9:37 PM Post #7,653 of 7,911
Our prototype cable tour is now formally underway. First up for impressions of the prototype pairs are @emdeevee @fiascogarcia @jwilliamhurst @Tex Irie @fejnomit.

Next in line are @aaf evo @corgifall @Dsnuts @Visceral @chemosapien @Francisco Evangelista

If you have not posted your impressions, please post them here, the Effect Audio thread, and on Watercooler.

Thank you - and please do continue enjoying the time with the cables before shipping them out!

Signups are being done on a rolling basis. We are doing things non-traditionally since we have so many pairs going around and can go West Coast > East Coast then overseas. If you can find time, we'd love to have you.

I had the honor of participating in the Effect Audio Prototype Cable Tour over the weekend. The Prototype Cables were revealed to be the CODE 24 (Cosmic Blue) and CODE 24C Limited (Galactic Purple). I auditioned both cables using the following gear:

64 Audio U12t
Empire Ears Legend Evo
Fir Audio Xenon 6
iBasso DX312
Questyle CMA Twelve Master (Not Pictured)
Sony NW-WM1ZM2

20240101_131515.jpg

I spent the weekend using both cables with my IEMs listening to Music, Playing Metroid Dread on Nintendo Switch, Watching College Football, NFL, & John Wick. It didn't take much time to figure out which Cable I favored.

Cosmic Blue Cable:

Ergonomically this is possibly the thickest IEM Cable I've ever used. My eye test would estimate the cable is approximately 16 AWG wire. I would imagine that the retail version of this cable will fit just fine with the chin slider. The sheath of the cable is quite comfortable and non-microphonic. When listening to music the first thing I noticed was the bass, clarity across the frequency ranges, and the sweetened highs. I found the pairings with the U12t, Legend Evo, and XE6 to be fun, easy listening. The pairing with the U12t was probably the most dramatic change and the low-end presence was really noticeable. I would say that it made the relatively safely tuned U12t sound exciting in a good way. I'm looking forward to the finished version of this cable. I would replace my Legend Evo's Genesis Cable in a heartbeat for this.

Galactic Purple Cable:

The Galactic Purple cable is slightly thinner than the Cosmic Blue Cable. I found no issues wearing my glasses with either cable. This cable is noticeably warmer leaning in direct comparison to the Cosmic Blue Cable. It took some listening for about 30 minutes or so for my mind to adjust to the sound presentation. These cables do audibly enhance the low end and exhibit some pleasant smoothness in the high end. I preferred the Galactic Purple Cable with my desktop gear. When I turned the volume up it was kind of hard to stop nodding my head to the music. I do think the Galactic Purple cable will be better suited to brighter leaning IEMs. I did not like pairing this with my Legend Evo it sounded a bit hazy; to the point details were being muffled in songs I'm very familiar with. I found the XE6 to sound a little denser, while I did not mind this..., It paled in comparison to the presentation with the Cosmic Blue Cable. I absolutely love the Galactic Purple Cable with the U12t. It accentuates all the positives of the U12t and displays clarity, slight warmth, and a nice enhancement of the low-end frequencies. Music with this paring is enjoyable, Movies sound epic, and the sparse, brooding soundtrack of Metroid Dread sounded atmospheric, and slightly terrifying (Outstanding Game).

Overall, I like both cables a lot. If I could only choose one, The Cosmic Blue would be my choice... I think it is a great all-rounder. I'm looking forward to seeing what else Effect Audio cooks up in 2024.

20231228_112842.jpg

Attachments

• 20231228_112842.jpg
    20231228_112842.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240101_131515.jpg
    20240101_131515.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #7,654 of 7,911
Kicked off 2024 breaking one of my yearly New Years resolutions – no new cables 🤭

Screenshot 2024-01-01 at 10.38.38 AM.png
Next paycheck I hope the purps still around 🤣😅

Jan 1, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #7,655 of 7,911
Happy new year all! Hey I am honoured to share some photos here. Forgive my photo skill as I am really bad at taking product shots but here is the Code 24 (Code 24C Limited to come later so I can increase my post count :sunglasses: ):

and some wire thicknesses comparison I have done:sweat_smile::

And here is the Code 24C Limited:
DSCF0349_cr.JPG

DSCF0347_cr.JPG

Will share my impressions soon enough :sweat_smile: as I think that the Code 24C may still need some more burn-in.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 11:54 PM Post #7,656 of 7,911
Jordan, Thanks for getting back to me so fast. I just sent a message. I'll let you know if I need any help. And so the broken cable journey begins. I hope it's a smooth and quick ride. Jim
Well EA got back to me and wants me to send it back. They asked me to declare it under $150.00 and gave me no address to even send it too. This cable cost $1000.00 and this company wants me to break the law. I read a post here of a person that did that and the cable got lost in the mail and after 5 months EA wanted to charge him $599 for a refurbished cable until this community here agreed that it wasn't right to do that. So EA backed off and gave him a new one. Takes up to a month not counting customs, shipping to and from Singapore just to solder a tip back on. This is crazy. I am old disabled and just had a heart attack. I don't need this. Does anybody have any ideas about this? Jordan EA where are you?

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 1:01 AM Post #7,657 of 7,911
Well EA got back to me and wants me to send it back. They asked me to declare it under $150.00 and gave me no address to even send it too. This cable cost $1000.00 and this company wants me to break the law. I read a post here of a person that did that and the cable got lost in the mail and after 5 months EA tried to charge him $599 for a refirbished cable until this community here agreed that it wasn't right to do that so EA backed off and gave him a new one. Takes up to a month not counting shipping to and from Singapore just to solder a tip back on. This is crazy. I am old disabled and just had a heart attack. I don't need this. Does anybody have any ideas about this? Jordan EA where are you?
@jimboy0 I saw your DM and just replied you there 😃

- Jordon

https://www.facebook.com/effectaudiosg/ https://twitter.com/EffectAudio https://www.instagram.com/effectaudio/ http://www.effectaudio.com/ https://wa.me/message/A64BKXQECHD4E1 info@effectaudio.com
Jan 2, 2024 at 1:25 AM Post #7,658 of 7,911
Hi Jordan EA
Could you please reply here also so everyone can understand why Effect Audio asks people to break the law and declare the cables they're returning for repair at less than $150.00?

And also the consequences if the cable is lost in the mail or confiscated by customs like the unlucky person I commented on in my last post who did just that and almost lost any chance of compensation. And if not for this community forum he would have.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 2:49 AM Post #7,659 of 7,911
@jimboy0 We understand that there might be some confusion surrounding the declaration value for cables being returned for repair. Effect Audio does not encourage or endorse any illegal activities, and our intention is to provide a transparent and lawful process for our customers. Allow me to clarify the situation:

When customers send their products back to us in Singapore for repair, there is a tax implication (GST) on the declared value of the goods. This tax is imposed by the authorities and is the responsibility of the customer, as they are the legal owner of the product. We are helping out with a servicing work and it is not our intention to request customers to break any laws. We would like to clarify that when we recommend a declaration value of $150 for items send for servicing works, it is purely a suggestion aimed at helping our customers.

It's important to note that this recommendation is not a requirement, and customers are free to choose the declaration value that aligns with their preferences and understanding of the associated risks. We want to ensure that our customers have the flexibility to make informed decisions based on their unique situations.

The declaration value can be set based on the purchased price of the product or any other value that the customer chooses. However, it's important for customers to be aware that setting a higher declaration value will result in a higher taxable amount that will be incurred by the customer.

Effect Audio aims to provide the best service to our customers, and we appreciate your feedback on this matter. We encourage open communication and want to assure you that we are continuously working to provide the best experience for our customers.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me.

Sincerely,
Jordon

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:52 AM Post #7,660 of 7,911
Before I start writing about the strange things that just happened to me this afternoon, first of all Happy New Year and best (musical) wishes to all of you out there!!! :)

Well then, I realize that the following may sound a bit (probably ''bring on the straitjacket'' kinda level) absurd, but about an hour ago some spaceship landed in my front yard. I think I could read something like 'Intergalactic Delivery Services' on the side of the ship...
spaceship.gif

The strange looking creature that stepped out was wearing a blue/purple cap and gave me a package (mumbling something that I really couldn't understand) before it lifted off again.

Back inside the house I opened the package and I found two great looking cables inside...
20240102_151724.jpg

Oh wait... the doorbell (again)

Hmmm, there was this (somehow familiar looking) person who first slapped me in the face and after that he took some device out of his pocket...
MIB.gif

Anyhow... where was I? Hey, look at that... two nice looking cables on the table over there. How on earth did they get there?

Oh well, I will try them over the upcomming days (as soon as I have the time) and I'll certainly get back to share my impressions later on! 👽

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #7,661 of 7,911
Hello All,

I was also able to tour the new EA cables before release. These are really great cables for the value. Not cables that I myself would purchase as I am extremely picky these days when it comes to spending my hard earned $$ on cables. They have to gel with my current iems in the FR I prefer and while these two cables came very close, the trebles for me were a bit too unrefined for my liking.

IMG_9357.jpeg

I love the color of the C24 however the ergo is expected, not my cup of tea. Pulls the universal iems out of my ears.

Love the bass separation and forward presentation however it makes cymbals sound super metallic in a bad way. It doesn’t resolve or smoothen out like I would want it to. I am VERY sensitve to this area though so take that for what it is. This would bother me long term. The soundstage width is very impressive though. I would've bought this cable if the treble area was toned down a bit or resolved better. Great clarity all around as well. The mids were brought a bit forward as well.

The purple 24c one has better handling and it sounds a bit more mid to upper mids focused. Cymbal crashes are better but still a bit metallic. I prefer this cable for listening. Selfishly I just wish it was blue as well. The blue c24 matches my Loki so well. Vocals on this cable are also very impressive with good clarity and transparency.

IMG_9382.jpeg

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 5:02 PM Post #7,663 of 7,911
Hello All,

I was also able to tour the new EA cables before release. These are really great cables for the value. Not cables that I myself would purchase as I am extremely picky these days when it comes to spending my hard earned $$ on cables. They have to gel with my current iems in the FR I prefer and while these two cables came very close, the trebles for me were a bit too unrefined for my liking.

IMG_9357.jpeg

I love the color of the C24 however the ergo is expected, not my cup of tea. Pulls the universal iems out of my ears.

Love the bass separation and forward presentation however it makes cymbals sound super metallic in a bad way. It doesn’t resolve or smoothen out like I would want it to. I am VERY sensitve to this area though so take that for what it is. This would bother me long term. The soundstage width is very impressive though. I would've bought this cable if the treble area was toned down a bit or resolved better. Great clarity all around as well. The mids were brought a bit forward as well.

The purple one has better handling and it sounds a bit more mid to upper mids focused. Cymbal crashes are better but still a bit metallic. I prefer this cable for listening. Selfishly I just wish it was blue as well. The blue c24 matches my Loki so well. Vocals on this cable are also very impressive with good clarity and transparency.

IMG_9382.jpeg

Thanks mate! Appreciate your time and thoughts!

Can anyone compare Code 24 with Code 23 and Fusion 1? I would like to know which of them is closer in sound.

We have some folks on the list who will be able to provide that comparison soon! They're later in the tour on legs 2 (up next) and 3.

Jan 2, 2024 at 11:06 PM Post #7,664 of 7,911
I received the CODE 24 and 24C a few days back but I've been sick so I just got around to getting some quick photos.

Code 24 looks great and almost looks like it was meant for the MEST MKIII. The Code 24 also seems to be the same thickness as the CODE 23 but I swear it feels a hair less stiff.
DSC09208.jpg

DSC09204.jpg

The Code 24C has a slightly thinner cable which is the thickness I prefer between all of them. I really like the dark purple furniture but I do think it will be a little hard to color match with IEMs but I appreciate a different color in general!

DSC09214.jpg
DSC09217.jpg

Jan 3, 2024 at 11:21 PM Post #7,665 of 7,911
Recently got my hands on a pair of DIVA for the New Year (second-hand tho, unfortunately). Been thinking of getting a cable to go with it and I have been eyeing the CODE 24C Limited, cause I think the Copper-oriented configuration would be suitable. Has anyone tried this combo here? I wanna reduce the airy feeling slightly as I prefer a warm-ish sound, but at the same time retain that clarity and that awesome mid-range.
photo_2024-01-04 12.20.33.jpeg

(ignore my dirty keyboard plz)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back