Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 12, 2022 at 7:05 AM Post #36,872 of 40,685
Why do you think I don't know?
As far as I understand, for Odyssey, A&K handles the distribution of demos and merchandise.
Breathe..I simply responded to the incorrect person. Someone was asking why something made in the US and the US wasn't receiving it first. Sorry to question your intelligence.

Nov 12, 2022 at 10:05 AM Post #36,874 of 40,685
Nov 13, 2022 at 3:07 AM Post #36,876 of 40,685
Why do you think I don't know?
As far as I understand, for Odyssey, A&K handles the distribution of demos and merchandise.
Ok so let me get this straight. An American company makes the product here and ships it to Korea so they can ship it back to US distributors? That makes absolutely no sense to me. Or EE agreed to only make product for overseas for now and we Americans play second fiddle? SMH

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #36,877 of 40,685
Have you heard both the mentor and fabled sond?
I own Mentor and Red Halo FE. They are very different in tuning. Red Halo is very mid centric. Mentor is more balance with a bass boost. The BCD on Mentor is insane in the imaging it delivers. I would say it has the best implementation of BCD that I have heard. The mids for Red Halo and Mentor you can tell come from the same family as they are both outstanding. For BA bass, I would say that Mentor is better than Red Halo FE, but nothing beats Odyssey in bass to me. Some will say Z1R or XE6 eclipses it, but not me. To me, Odyssey has the best bass in the business.

Nov 13, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #36,878 of 40,685
Can anyone please compare Odyssey and Noble Kublai Khan using proper aftermarket cables?
I wonder if it would be worth to upgrade.
I just got Kublai Khan and the last time I heard Odyssey was a couple weeks ago. KK really reminds me of Odyssey. Great bass. Great imaging. Great tuning. Pretty sure Odyssey bass is better as KK sounds a bit diffuse at times, but that gives it character. KK and Ragnar are my 2 favorite Noble Audio IEMs and they are both in my top 10.

Nov 13, 2022 at 4:16 AM Post #36,879 of 40,685
I own Mentor and Red Halo FE. They are very different in tuning. Red Halo is very mid centric. Mentor is more balance with a bass boost. The BCD on Mentor is insane in the imaging it delivers. I would say it has the best implementation of BCD that I have heard. The mids for Red Halo and Mentor you can tell come from the same family as they are both outstanding. For BA bass, I would say that Mentor is better than Red Halo FE, but nothing beats Odyssey in bass to me. Some will say Z1R or XE6 eclipses it, but not me. To me, Odyssey has the best bass in the business.
Have you compared Odyssey to Evo? :rolling_eyes::L3000:

Nov 13, 2022 at 4:34 AM Post #36,880 of 40,685
Nov 13, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #36,884 of 40,685
What about the bass don’t you like? Preference wise.
Want more Rumble , Intensity, tactile .
Kublai Khan better (about bass). [it's just my opinion]
I'll burn-in untill 100 hours and switched cables. Then compare again. :smiley_cat:
I know the reason from the dealer that It's tuned and made to match SP3000.
So it came out like this. :smile: Not serious because it is all-rounder character. :slight_smile:

Last edited:
Nov 13, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #36,885 of 40,685
I just got Kublai Khan and the last time I heard Odyssey was a couple weeks ago. KK really reminds me of Odyssey. Great bass. Great imaging. Great tuning. Pretty sure Odyssey bass is better as KK sounds a bit diffuse at times, but that gives it character. KK and Ragnar are my 2 favorite Noble Audio IEMs and they are both in my top 10.
Thank you so much for a meaningful comparison!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back