Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 16, 2022 at 9:17 AM Post #36,902 of 40,675
Get CP155, engage Power+ mode and be blown away!

SACoDGYTvVNhZYNb5a.gif
Holy ****, you are absolutely right sir. Not only does the soundstage expand further with much more clarity, but these tips make my ears so much more comfortable - have been having troubles getting fit on first try with other tips, but nope, these just pop right in. Thanks a millions!

Nov 16, 2022 at 2:15 PM Post #36,903 of 40,675
Holy ****, you are absolutely right sir. Not only does the soundstage expand further with much more clarity, but these tips make my ears so much more comfortable - have been having troubles getting fit on first try with other tips, but nope, these just pop right in. Thanks a millions!
Happy to help!🙌😅 The CP155 have been the only perfect tips for me with almost any IEMs as my ears are different and other tips were also hard to insert or just wouldn't stay in my ears.

Nov 19, 2022 at 2:58 AM Post #36,905 of 40,675
The sunlight hits and reflects, it's very beautiful. :smile:
Odyssey 9-10 pairs were sold out at the dealer shop I went to. Interesting , very fast.
I have QC issue with some accessories. (I don't want to tell and I've managed it myself.) :smile_cat:
I don't like the way Astell & Kern works in after sales service.
I hope those who pre-order will receive items soon and no QC issues.
(If it's an after sales service from Empire Ears , I would have received better service.)

Last edited:
Nov 19, 2022 at 8:54 PM Post #36,908 of 40,675
So, the Odyssey mids are closer to LX presentation, but I’d say with greater width and resolution. Treble overall is very similar to Odin.

The Fourte has a noticeable veil or recession in the lower or middle mid range compared to Odyssey. Also the treble is more peaky and harsh on Fourte whereas Odyssey is well detailed and extended but more natural.

The odyssey to me sounds like a Frankenstein created like this..
Bass - EVO (same quality but slightly less quantity. It still thumps more than Odin.)
Mids - Traillii
Treble - Odin
Spot on, it’s that good

Nov 20, 2022 at 4:17 AM Post #36,910 of 40,675
The sunlight hits and reflects, it's very beautiful. :smile:
Odyssey 9-10 pairs were sold out at the dealer shop I went to. Interesting , very fast.
I have QC issue with some accessories. (I don't want to tell and I've managed it myself.) :smile_cat:
I don't like the way Astell & Kern works in after sales service.
I hope those who pre-order will receive items soon and no QC issues.
(If it's an after sales service from Empire Ears , I would have received better service.)

I bought the last set from AV One yesterday. Quite fortunate as I only enquired in the morning and they said they somehow managed to find one last set which arrived that morning. Unfortunately mine was missing the tips and so AV One kindly gave me some tips and said they would follow up with A&K to ensure that I get the missing tips. Love the faceplates! My first product by EE / A&K and I love it so far! Not a fan of the stock cable. FTS seems to work well giving me better definition in the bass.

IMG_2102.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 20, 2022 at 5:27 AM Post #36,911 of 40,675
I bought the last set from AV One yesterday. Quite fortunate as I only enquired in the morning and they said they somehow managed to find one last set which arrived that morning. Unfortunately mind was missing the tips and so AV One kindly gave me some tips and said they would follow up with A&K to ensure that I get the missing tips. Love the faceplates! My first product by EE / A&K and I love it so far! Not a fan of the stock cable. FTS seems to work well giving me better definition in the bass.

IMG_2102.jpg
Great. Indeed, I don't want to say about Ares II (and some QC problem).
I don't want direct feedback make the bad mood of the conversation.😆
I use upgrade cable to bring out the good potential of Odyssey. 😁

Nov 21, 2022 at 2:52 AM Post #36,912 of 40,675
I bought the last set from AV One yesterday. Quite fortunate as I only enquired in the morning and they said they somehow managed to find one last set which arrived that morning. Unfortunately mine was missing the tips and so AV One kindly gave me some tips and said they would follow up with A&K to ensure that I get the missing tips. Love the faceplates! My first product by EE / A&K and I love it so far! Not a fan of the stock cable. FTS seems to work well giving me better definition in the bass.

IMG_2102.jpg
These are GORGEOUS! Hope they sound spectacular as well, will await your impressions.

Nov 21, 2022 at 10:57 AM Post #36,913 of 40,675
These are GORGEOUS! Hope they sound spectacular as well, will await your impressions.
I have been travelling today returning to Vietnam from Singapore. Did not get much time with Ody today. I was listening to another iem on the flight. Did not want to risk damaging the Ody hearing as how it is fragile! However I did briefly hear the Ody<First Times Shielding<N8ii (P+; Tubes) over various genres including classical, edm and jazz. Love the Ody. OOTB they are so engaging and the bass! My only comment about the bass is that for classical, I wish it could be a little faster in the decay. I would not change it for jazz or even edm though! To me, the Ody sound like Jewel on steroids!

Nov 21, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #36,915 of 40,675
Me too, waiting on the Odyssey still. @JasonNYC Any update on US shipping?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back