Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 19, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #39,363 of 40,663
So my Ares II cable just failed on my Odyssey. Any cable recommendations for Odyssey?
I have been away for a while and I never got updated on the status of your Odyssey that was stolen out of your mail drop. Did that resolve itself so that you eventually got your Odyssey?

Oct 19, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #39,365 of 40,663
Yes. Got it resolved in early March, a couple weeks before SG.
That's great to hear. I was meaning to ask you when I saw you in SG.

Oct 21, 2023 at 9:21 AM Post #39,367 of 40,663
When inserting Odin into the ear and using Spinfit CP100 or CP155, you can hear the flex driver click twice. Can this damage DD? This does not happen when using Final. Thanks:)

Oct 21, 2023 at 9:53 AM Post #39,369 of 40,663
Seriously late to the party: I heard Odin for the first time yesterday and enjoyed them greatly. I loved the overall timbre and was truly impressed by the amount of detail and transparency/clarity. Starting this hobby, I thought I would gravitate towards warm and analog iem's, however neutral with a hint of warmth seems to be my actual preference. Unfortunately, my ears do not enjoy forwardness in upper-mids and treble (even though I would not say the Odin was harsh or glary). With so many interesting aftermarket cable releases: is there any cable roll that could tame the Odin a bit?

Oct 21, 2023 at 10:00 AM Post #39,371 of 40,663
When inserting Odin into the ear and using Spinfit CP100 or CP155, you can hear the flex driver click twice. Can this damage DD? This does not happen when using Final. Thanks:)
Only twice. Mine gives me 3-5 as I insert them.

The time to worry is if you DON'T hear the clicks.

Oct 21, 2023 at 10:43 AM Post #39,372 of 40,663
I'll tell you my little sniggle about Empire IEMs in general. The connection to all their IEMs. Enter the bluetooth adaptor iFi Go Pods.

The connection is deamed 'recessed', yet if you take a look at most every photo posted on this thread and their website, you see the part the prongs stick out of. If you tout it as 'recessed' then recess the first part into the IEM. When I received my bluetooth adaptor, to enhance the connection I took my dental lab tools and actually made my custom Valkyries recessed. See in the picture. Why aren't all Empire Ear connections this 'clean'?
IMG20231021093647~2.jpg
IMG_0488~2.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #39,373 of 40,663
Seriously late to the party: I heard Odin for the first time yesterday and enjoyed them greatly. I loved the overall timbre and was truly impressed by the amount of detail and transparency/clarity. Starting this hobby, I thought I would gravitate towards warm and analog iem's, however neutral with a hint of warmth seems to be my actual preference. Unfortunately, my ears do not enjoy forwardness in upper-mids and treble (even though I would not say the Odin was harsh or glary). With so many interesting aftermarket cable releases: is there any cable roll that could tame the Odin a bit?
I bought the Odin but sadly couldn’t deal with those forward upper mids. I thought the rest of the sound was superb though. I tried to cable roll and tip roll, and even tried EQ but I just couldn’t reduce those mids. It was with a bit of sadness that I had to sell it on.

I could of course only use the gear I had on hand, but the cables I tried were; PWA no.5, Hansound Aegis 8W, PWA 1950’s, EA Thor Silver II+, 64A Premium, EA Ares II.

Oct 21, 2023 at 11:02 AM Post #39,374 of 40,663
The 1950 and the Ares ll took you in the wrong direction.

You must really not like treble. Don't EVER try a Zeus.

My reaction when I listen to mine is, what spike? I wish the Odin had about 3% more treble at the most upper level.

I've listened to the Phantom and the LX and both sounded thick with total treble roll off. I found myself straining to hear what I knew was there but was buried.

It likely comes down to personal preference and how you like your music presented. And what types of music you prefer.

To me, you take away the upper-mid "spike" in the Odin and you likely have an LX.

Last edited:
Oct 21, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #39,375 of 40,663
I don't think so, the upper mids elevation is too pronounced for that. I seriously disliked the Odin when I first owned it, and sold it quite fast. Some time later I bought it a second time to try again, and I tamed the upper mids with EQ. But I sold that one as well. Third time's a charm, the third time I got it in CIEM. In the interim I think I got more used to elevated upper mids, or it's less prominent on the CIEM somehow. But I think the main reason why I love them now is that I simply don't use them for energetic music. I use them mostly for relatively relaxed music like jazz, whereby the upper mids are not shoved in your face as much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back