Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Oct 25, 2023 at 7:52 AM Post #39,395 of 40,675
Got a couple pair at Amazon.ca as well. They could become my goto. Right now they are on my EVO and Blanc. They noticeably tighten the bass and separate instruments. I’m thinking of getting a few more. I am looking forward to trying them on Odin when it is repaired. Very tight fit on the nozzle.

Oct 26, 2023 at 2:36 PM Post #39,397 of 40,675
Thanks guys, I’ve just found the Spinfit Omni on Amazon. £9.49 for one pair. Might try them on the Legend X.

Oct 27, 2023 at 9:21 PM Post #39,398 of 40,675
So I got the Omni Mediums (Amazon - $9.99) and replaced the Sedna XELASTECs I had on my Odin w/stock cable. They certainly opened up the sound. More bass, more treble, much more transparency of notes/sounds seemingly buried before.

Very impressive. My only issue was getting them on the Odin tubes. Finally had my wife (she of the clever fingers) put them on for me.

I tried them with a number of familiar tracks and all seemed improved. Tracks like Peter Gabriel Solsbury Hill, Thomas Dolby I Love You, Goodbye (which is a go-to track due to the range of sounds on it and its pristine mixing/mastering), Traffic Paper Sun and You Can All Join In, The Pretenders Don't Get Me Wrong,The Beatles Here, There and Everywhere (remastered, 24 bit), The Cure Friday I'm In Love (remastered), The Beach Boys Caroline, No (50th, with the insane bass in the right channel, 24 bit), The Band Jemima Surrender (Remix, 24 bit), Elvis Costello Clubland (24 bit), The Rolling Stones Paint it Black, Tears For Fears Everyone Wants To Rule The World (24 bit), Ennio Moricone My Name Is Nobody Main Title, The Jimi Hendrix Experience Crosstown Traffic, Miles Davis The Pan Piper and others. Sorry, but no EDM or Rap in this house.

I will note that, if you have an issue with the Odin's treble, they might not be for you, as they certainly don't make the Odin warmer. They do a lot for the bass, but they also let the treble through as well. For me, a good thing.

Thanks for the head's up about them.

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #39,399 of 40,675
So I got the Omni Mediums (Amazon - $9.99) and replaced the Sedna XELASTECs I had on my Odin w/stock cable. They certainly opened up the sound. More bass, more treble, much more transparency of notes/sounds seemingly buried before.

Very impressive. My only issue was getting them on the Odin tubes. Finally had my wife (she of the clever fingers) put them on for me.

I tried them with a number of familiar tracks and all seemed improved. Tracks like Peter Gabriel Solsbury Hill, Thomas Dolby I Love You, Goodbye (which is a go-to track due to the range of sounds on it and its pristine mixing/mastering), Traffic Paper Sun and You Can All Join In, The Pretenders Don't Get Me Wrong,The Beatles Here, There and Everywhere (remastered, 24 bit), The Cure Friday I'm In Love (remastered), The Beach Boys Caroline, No (50th, with the insane bass in the right channel, 24 bit), The Band Jemima Surrender (Remix, 24 bit), Elvis Costello Clubland (24 bit), The Rolling Stones Paint it Black, Tears For Fears Everyone Wants To Rule The World (24 bit), Ennio Moricone My Name Is Nobody Main Title, The Jimi Hendrix Experience Crosstown Traffic, Miles Davis The Pan Piper and others. Sorry, but no EDM or Rap in this house.

I will note that, if you have an issue with the Odin's treble, they might not be for you, as they certainly don't make the Odin warmer. They do a lot for the bass, but they also let the treble through as well. For me, a good thing.

Thanks for the head's up about them.
Glad they work for you, I’m still enjoying them greatly with Odin. I’m hoping they’ll make a wide bore version in the future.

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:17 AM Post #39,400 of 40,675
Glad they work for you, I’m still enjoying them greatly with Odin. I’m hoping they’ll make a wide bore version in the future.
Yep- the opening seems bit smaller than does the Sedna. But it seems to work. I think it may be the material it's made out of that is affecting the sound. I DO like the lack of "stickiness" compared to the Sednas. Not so much worry when I remove them that they'll come off in my ears.

Oct 28, 2023 at 9:59 AM Post #39,401 of 40,675
Has anyone tried the Divinus Velvet eartips? I've been using them with my Odins recently. Comfort is good. Fit is - subjective (decent for myself). I still like some tackiness in my eartips. I prefer them more than the Baroques...

Last edited:
Oct 28, 2023 at 10:01 AM Post #39,402 of 40,675
Has anyone tried the Divinus Velvet eartips? I've been using them with my Odins recently. Comfort is good. Fit is - subjective (decent for myself). I still prefer some tackiness in my eartips. I prefer them more than the Baroques...
Yes they're very good, but for that shape (bulb) I prefer Eletech Baroque. Even softer and more comfortable. If you get a chance, a man should check out Velvet TWS tips. Extra short (for TWS) but as such less bulbous and more comfortable.

Oct 28, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #39,403 of 40,675
Yes they're very good, but for that shape (bulb) I prefer Eletech Baroque. Even softer and more comfortable. If you get a chance, a man should check out Velvet TWS tips. Extra short (for TWS) but as such less bulbous and more comfortable.
TWS you say? A man will seek them out when he has the time. Thank you. 🙂

Oct 28, 2023 at 4:49 PM Post #39,405 of 40,675
You need to decide if you want as much as possible bass or very open treble :)
The wider the bore the less pronounced the bass will be, and the narrower the bore the more closed the treble/stage will be
but let me tell you that Feaulle H570 Latex Tips and Tri Clarion Tips work perfectly fine with Legend Evo.
Both have a wide bore for open treble and soundstage and they still got plenty bass
H570 seals better therefore probably a bit more bass.
I tried a lot of tips with Legend Evo as I was also looking for the most open treble because Evo is kind of limited in that regard.
The two above mentioned are my absolute favourites so far!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back