Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Mar 25, 2023 at 10:53 AM Post #37,621 of 40,611
Excuse me, does anyone have a picture of the Ravens faceplate ? :smile_cat:
Didn’t take a picture but for now it’s similar to the one found on Odyssey. Not sure if that will be the final face.

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:42 PM Post #37,622 of 40,611
ODIN has spoken, and the Ravens have been summoned

unnamed.jpg

unnamed (1).jpg

See you all in a few hours at CanJam Singapore :)
@Jack Vang was this the prototype set shown off at CanJam NYC, or is this something entirely different?

Mar 25, 2023 at 1:49 PM Post #37,624 of 40,611
Entirely different.
...dammit. I've already spent too much money this year. Certainly can't afford it right now, but if nothing else, would love to temporarily borrow a set to demo and review. Curiosity is definitely piqued here.

Mar 25, 2023 at 7:34 PM Post #37,626 of 40,611
Excuse me, does anyone have a picture of the Ravens faceplate ? :smile_cat:

Taken from another thread:

12021902.jpeg

Mar 25, 2023 at 9:37 PM Post #37,629 of 40,611
Jack says this is different than what was already unveiled. It has been in the works for a bit, it was just time to unveil it and it wasn't time in NY

Mar 25, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #37,631 of 40,611
Any information on the Raven's driver config? Or how its sound signature might be different from previous EE flagships or the intention behind ? Price? When it'll be available? Thanks.

12 Driver Quadbrid
Dual W9+ (with some minor internal tweaks)
Five Balanced Armatures
Four Electrostatics
W10 Bone Conductor

Price: Slightly above Odin
ETA: Late May/June

Mar 25, 2023 at 10:23 PM Post #37,632 of 40,611
I had 2 rounds of Audition with the Raven prototypes yesterday. Personally to me, it’s closer to Odin than Odyssey. I had both at the same time but didn’t gel with the Odyssey’s recess mids vs Odin’s exciting upper mids which I loved and had no issues with. Got bored with Odyssey and sold it eventually as things did not improve after burning in.

Very happy to say that Raven is similar to Odin with an emphasis on upper mids but toned down vs Odin. Still exciting but will very likely cater to a larger audience. I’m not a treble nut so can’t comment much but glad to say that treble extends well when I listen to Anne Akiko Meyers Four Seasons Album on it. Sound stage is noticeably larger than Odin and I would describe it as a sound field around the head rather than just calling it stage. TOTL levels of technicalities all round.

However, the highlight of the Raven is the sub bass. There’s more vs Odin and even Evo to me. I’ve owned the LX, Odin, Evo & Odyssey and sub bass quality on the Raven is at a higher level vs all of them. It’s tactile (I could hear and feel the layers and layers of bass), very well textured, tight and deep but not overwhelming. It’s very encouraging to hear this level of performance on the Raven protos and I’m looking forward to the final release. I believe it’s close to the final tuning with just some minor adjustments to go.

Also wanna thank @Jack Vang for the nice chat on the Raven and thumbs up for the great work again.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 10:36 PM Post #37,633 of 40,611
I had 2 rounds of Audition with the Raven prototypes yesterday. Personally to me, it’s closer to Odin than Odyssey. I had both at the same time but didn’t gel with the Odyssey’s recess mids vs Odin’s exciting upper mids which I loved and had no issues with. Got bored with Odyssey and sold it eventually as things did not improve after burning in.

Very happy to say that Raven is similar to Odin with an emphasis on upper mids but toned down vs Odin. Still exciting but will very likely cater to a larger audience. I’m not a treble nut so can’t comment much but glad to say that treble extends well when I listen to Anne Akiko Meyers Four Seasons Album on it. Sound stage is noticeably larger than Odin and I would describe it as a sound field around the head rather than just calling it stage. TOTL levels of technicalities all round.

However, the highlight of the Raven is the sub bass. There’s more vs Odin and even Evo to me. I’ve owned the LX, Odin, Evo & Odyssey and sub bass quality on the Raven is at a higher level vs all of them. It’s tactile (I could hear and feel the layers and layers of bass), very well textured, tight and deep but not overwhelming. It’s very encouraging to hear this level of performance on the Raven protos and I’m looking forward to the final release. I believe it’s close to the final tuning with just some minor adjustments to go.

Also wanna thank @Jack Vang for the nice chat on the Raven and thumbs up for the great work again.

That’s something I’ve noticed as well. It seems like they have finally unleashed the full glory of the W9+ drivers and the cycles per second aka Hz in the sub bass is very discernible. Tactile as you mentioned is the perfect way to describe it.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #37,634 of 40,611
That’s something I’ve noticed as well. It seems like they have finally unleashed the full glory of the W9+ drivers and the cycles per second aka Hz in the sub bass is very discernible. Tactile as you mentioned is the perfect way to describe it.
I think, apart from that, the Raven’s treble also extends far further than the ODIN, EVO or Odyssey. The added air and headroom casts more of a light on everything else, so those bass notes are etched with cleaner, sharper lines, which is what you’re hearing when you say they’re more discernible.

BTW, ‘kinda random, but I tried to draw the Raven’s internals from memory. They had an earlier prototype of it with a clear shell. It was actually super symmetrical and satisfying. :D

68F08FD9-0E7F-4025-A155-86C6B68AC67E.png

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2023 at 11:05 PM Post #37,635 of 40,611
I think, apart from that, the Raven’s treble also extends far further than the ODIN, EVO or Odyssey. The added air and headroom casts more of a light on everything else, so those bass notes are etched with cleaner, sharper lines, which is what you’re hearing when you say they’re more discernible.

BTW, ‘kinda random, but I tried to draw the Raven’s internals from memory. They had an earlier prototype of it with a clear shell. It was actually super symmetrical and satisfying. :D

68F08FD9-0E7F-4025-A155-86C6B68AC67E.png
If my printer was working I would make a copy of your picture and post it on my fridge. :L3000::ksc75smile::beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back