Empire Ears - Discussion & Impressions (Formerly EarWerkz)
Nov 3, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #39,424 of 40,611
Can you post photos? What other IEMs do you own?
I couldn’t take any better pics than are already out there.

Iems. Oh boy.

ESR mkii, Valkyrie mkii, Odin, U6t, U12t, Neon4, Isabellae, Oxygen, 2020 Dorado, 2020 Solaris, 2020 Andromeda, Lyra ii, Polaris ii, Atlas, Comet, SA6, Zen Pro, Lola, Angie, Oracle, IE600, and maybe some I’m forgetting.

Others that have broken or I’ve given away. Starfield, New Hana, Jupiter, Clairvoyance, Rosie, Diana, Rai Solo, 2020 Vega.

Picking up EST 112 and Hype 2 at UPS when I swing through town.

Last edited:
Nov 4, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #39,425 of 40,611
Order of preference: BCD, treble, bass. I have a wide bore with nice treble (Spinfit 155) but the BCD is much weaker than narrow bores (Final E, Azla Crystal)
It’s been tricky to pack BCD and treble together. I can see why EE took so long to get to Raven -)

To follow this up, I think I found a pretty good fit: Spinfit Omni. From the first moments in I could feel the BCD even without bass notes, and it has very clear and extented treble.

Nov 4, 2023 at 4:54 PM Post #39,427 of 40,611
Nov 6, 2023 at 3:37 PM Post #39,429 of 40,611
To follow this up, I think I found a pretty good fit: Spinfit Omni. From the first moments in I could feel the BCD even without bass notes, and it has very clear and extented treble.
Wonder if Jack has any comments on this? Although I'm not sure if there would be a conflict of interests considering they've been in partnership with Final Audio.

Nov 6, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #39,430 of 40,611
Dropping in to let you all know that a substantial update regarding the RAVEN—including further enhancements and updated ETAs—will be posted within the next 24-48 hours. We're nearing the finish line, and I'm hyped to share the positive developments with you all soon!
👀👀🔥🔥

Nov 6, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #39,431 of 40,611
Wonder if Jack has any comments on this? Although I'm not sure if there would be a conflict of interests considering they've been in partnership with Final Audio.

Final E gives a bass focused signature and does it pretty well. Especially mornings are pretty fun with it. I was looking for something to complement it and omni does it, its like I have two IEMs now which are both pretty good at what they do

Nov 8, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #39,433 of 40,611
This was a new one for me. While tip rolling the stem on my Odin started to disintegrate. Although I could still get the tip on I decided it had better get checked out. Charles at the Headfoneshop in TO made all the introductions for me and then turned me over to Leasah at EE. Once in their hands they determined a rebuild of the unit with a couple new drivers is required. A new faceplate for the other side (removed for inspection?) is also required. As they are well out of warranty, I braced for a huge price tag. I was relieved at the price. Let’s just say under $500 CAD for all in with return express shipping. The unfortunate thing is the turn around could be 4-6 weeks. I think the Raven issue has a lot to do with this. It’s reassuring to know that your investment is protected by great customer service.

IMG_4290.jpeg

Nov 8, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #39,434 of 40,611
My impossible ear canals limit me to customs, and I now have custom Legend X and Odin. To be honest, I should have never wasted my money on the Odins. The tuning isn't as ridiculously overly-hot like the Valkyries, but having now lived with the Odins for a while, I just do not like those electrostatic drivers. Also, dongle DACs can't handle the Odin's low impedance, making them useless on-the-go because I'm not going to schlep around a heavy battery-powered amp when the Legend X play just fine on any of my dongle DACs. Legend X with a silver cable for the win! With EE's increasing focus on universals and driver configurations I don't care for, I've reached the end of the line. At this point, the only upgrade that would interest me is an updated DD/BA Legend X.

Nov 8, 2023 at 12:37 PM Post #39,435 of 40,611
This was a new one for me. While tip rolling the stem on my Odin started to disintegrate. Although I could still get the tip on I decided it had better get checked out. Charles at the Headfoneshop in TO made all the introductions for me and then turned me over to Leasah at EE. Once in their hands they determined a rebuild of the unit with a couple new drivers is required. A new faceplate for the other side (removed for inspection?) is also required. As they are well out of warranty, I braced for a huge price tag. I was relieved at the price. Let’s just say under $500 CAD for all in with return express shipping. The unfortunate thing is the turn around could be 4-6 weeks. I think the Raven issue has a lot to do with this. It’s reassuring to know that your investment is protected by great customer service.

IMG_4290.jpeg
I also had my Heros RMA'd and was worried about the cost but was charged peanuts. Fast turnaround time as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back