End all "Which gaming headphones" Thread
Feb 9, 2007 at 5:41 PM Post #16 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about, stop playing video games and do something worthwhile?

Yes, yes I'm a hater.

Like what listen to music
rolleyes.gif

Maybe we need three categories.
No amp, benefit from amp, need amp...
Ultrasone headphones with it´s S-logic should maybe be on the list. I will come back when I get them.

However I have never owned a sennheiser. I have an amp is the 580 better then the 595 then? I would want to try an open headphone for a change. Thought of DT 990 but I already have the DT 770 want to know what the Sennheisers sounds like
smily_headphones1.gif

To complement Ultrasone 750, DT 770 and replacing an A900 ev if it comes to that...

Feb 15, 2007 at 11:46 PM Post #17 of 142
Sorry, but I'm kind of confused. What's the difference between a closed headphone and a open headphone? Does the open headphones leak more than the closed headphones?
confused.gif

Also, what headphones are the best for comfort if one wears glasses?

Feb 16, 2007 at 12:07 AM Post #18 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by feelyc0406 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry, but I'm kind of confused. What's the difference between a closed headphone and a open headphone? Does the open headphones leak more than the closed headphones?
confused.gif

Yea, just like the name implies, one is open to the outside, one is closed. The open ones leak more sound both in and out. ^_^

Quote:

Also, what headphones are the best for comfort if one wears glasses?

Beyer's with their comfy velour pads #1.

Feb 16, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #19 of 142
You cant create a comprehensive gaming headphone list without putting the surrounder in it. Fabulous for CS it is, yes.

Feb 16, 2007 at 12:09 AM Post #20 of 142
I play Counterstrike Source with my Grado SR-60. I do pretty good too
eggosmile.gif

(I play on a Boston server as "BangraHero")

In CS:S all you really need is to hear footsteps, and the SR-60 places them left/right/behind and the appropriate distance pretty accurately!

Just so you guys don't think I'm totally bonkers, I have a friend that play(ed) CS:S CAL-M with the SR-60 as well. I say this in the past tense since he has a career right now.

Feb 16, 2007 at 12:11 AM Post #21 of 142
ATs are more comfortable than Beyers because they clamp less. This is especially helpful if you wear glasses, you don't want clamp.

Feb 16, 2007 at 12:21 AM Post #22 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by Esidarap /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ATs are more comfortable than Beyers because they clamp less. This is especially helpful if you wear glasses, you don't want clamp.

Differeing opinions, gotta love it.
^_^

Mar 16, 2007 at 4:36 PM Post #23 of 142
I've always heard that open headphones tend to have a better soundstage than closed ones, so wouldn't that make them better for gaming?

If this is really the case, why aren't models like the Audio Technica AD Series and Beyerdynamic DTX series listed?

Mar 16, 2007 at 4:56 PM Post #24 of 142
Ultrasone 2500 w/ a really nice setup behind it is the most accurate headphone I ever heard in COD2, HL2, CS:S or Bf2, 2142.

Biggest air WIDE soundstage goes to Open Darth Beyers.

Mar 16, 2007 at 5:38 PM Post #25 of 142
I think you need to put the Sony XD400 and the philips hp1000 on the list.
They are not all that common inhere, but in my opinion they outclass the sennheiser 595 and the a700.

Mar 16, 2007 at 6:00 PM Post #27 of 142
I am back. Ultrasone Proline 750 enough said. You can erase the DT 770 and A900 from the list they aren´t even 30 % as good
wink.gif

positioning sound is almost flawless. Sound quality is so much better. Much better bass impact and bass extension. Clearer highs.

However you should add that they really benefit tons from great sources and amps... Big difference out of an Elite PRO compared to X-fi and X-meridian. Big difference unamped and with my cheap pimeta.

However sounds better then DT 770 and A900 unamped.

Mar 17, 2007 at 2:01 AM Post #30 of 142
Quote:

Originally Posted by lackofcheese /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's not really such a fair comparison; The price difference is very significant, after all.

No-one seems to be answering me on open headphones (e.g. Audio Technica ATH-AD700) :S

the price difference is ~$100, not that significant.

open headphones, for gaming, do have a better soundstage, but since they are open you don't get the isolation and the bass on open headphones generally lack the oomph that closed headphones can give you. (don't quote me on this, this is based on what i've read around here)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back