Epiphany Acoustics E-DAC / JDSlabs ODAC / Head 'n' Hifi ODAC / ~ discussion
May 1, 2012 at 1:12 AM Post #16 of 68

Haha a Brit thing.

Let's face it, designed in the USA, made in the UK, USA or Switzerland., very extensive experimentation + documented specs.  Using one of the worlds best DAC chips.

...come on China, where you at?

Edit:  and since I already own a very similar DIY design of the ESS ES9023 (I'd venture the most similar design there is), I can vouch for how good it sounds connected to my stereo.

I wrote last year, DAC's do not "sound the same", I could hear the difference between this and my internal RealTek sound-card... next door.

May 1, 2012 at 5:17 AM Post #17 of 68
Voldemort didn't design the stencilling on thee front of Oliver (or Justin's) amps - that is most definitely a British thing. 

May 1, 2012 at 1:04 PM Post #20 of 68
Did anyone got to test this DAC? I mean with the O2.

May 1, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #22 of 68
May 1, 2012 at 1:56 PM Post #23 of 68
May 1, 2012 at 5:34 PM Post #24 of 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Edit:  and since I already own a very similar DIY design of the ESS ES9023 (I'd venture the most similar design there is), I can vouch for how good it sounds connected to my stereo.

Using the same or very similar parts does not guarantee similar performance, the quality of the implementation is important.

May 1, 2012 at 11:54 PM Post #25 of 68
I'm more curious to see how it compares with other diy DACs. I have a gamma2 I'd like to compare with it.

I (finally) finished my O2 amp today, and I'm impressed. I've never owned a solid state amp before, but it does what I hoped perfectly. I hope the dac delivers in the same realm. I think it will.

May 3, 2012 at 9:23 AM Post #26 of 68
Quote:
The O2 is apparently being modified, however.

What's this? O2 is being modified? Give us the juicy details please!!
biggrin.gif

May 3, 2012 at 9:27 AM Post #27 of 68
Quote:

What's this? O2 is being modified? Give us the juicy details please!!
biggrin.gif

Apparently a part related to the power of the power adapter plug is no longer being made, so NwAvGuy is changing the O2 a bit. I tried contacting him about it, but haven't heard back yet.
Sorry, don't know how much he's changing, it may be that one part, or it may be more.

May 5, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #30 of 68
Quote:

Apparently a part related to the power of the power adapter plug is no longer being made, so NwAvGuy is changing the O2 a bit. I tried contacting him about it, but haven't heard back yet.
Sorry, don't know how much he's changing, it may be that one part, or it may be more.

Thanks Taowolf51. I'll look forward to more info on his next blog update. Doesn't sound like it'll be a sound quality improvement modification, pity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back