Eric McChanson Headphone Amp??
Apr 19, 2024 at 3:45 AM Post #9,736 of 9,892
After you paid for your 807 tubes from NOS audio tubes (Electronicsmen) did they send you an email asking for another $50 for postage ? They just did that to me !! I told them "no way , cancel my order " , bloody annoying !!

I bought from their store direct, not their ebay store. It's cheaper. Shipping is US$35 by Fedex. They did not ask me for more. They shouldn't. India to Australia is not that far.

Apr 19, 2024 at 5:01 AM Post #9,737 of 9,892
After you paid for your 807 tubes from NOS audio tubes (Electronicsmen) did they send you an email asking for another $50 for postage ? They just did that to me !! I told them "no way , cancel my order " , bloody annoying !!
Wow that’s a bit off, obviously wasnt on eBay.If it was eBay report them, that’s price gouging and eBay will stop,them.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:40 AM Post #9,738 of 9,892
Hello,
My wife's birthday present arrived today.
It is a Tung Sol 6SU7 GTY which I found slightly used with few hours, just played in.
Although not the famous Blackglass of which there is obviously a version.
It is in no way inferior to the Rca 5691, it is also said to be even better.

I have just plugged this tube in together with the EL34 Sed Wingend C.
Can't say much about the sound yet, but the first impression is very good.
As always, it will take some time to find out, as I still have a Reflektor 6SL7 and Ecc35 in my arsenal.

20240419_132002.jpg

20240419_131945.jpg

20240419_132019.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 8:14 AM Post #9,739 of 9,892
Hello,
My wife's birthday present arrived today.
It is a Tung Sol 7SU7 GTY which I found slightly used with few hours, just played in.
Although not the famous Blackglass of which there is obviously a version.
It is in no way inferior to the Rca 5691, it is also said to be even better.

I have just plugged this tube in together with the EL34 Sed Wingend C.
Can't say much about the sound yet, but the first impression is very good.
As always, it will take some time to find out, as I still have a Reflektor 6SL7 and Ecc35 in my arsenal.

Says 6SU7GTY on the tube, your calling it a 7SU7GTY Typo time?

Last edited:
Apr 19, 2024 at 10:47 AM Post #9,744 of 9,892
Langerex has got back to me and is sending me a new pair of Kt63s, which would be these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2762281426...w87FQgIlzTNdPuIEAJEDNa2A==|tkp:Bk9SR-LXnuHeYw
I can keep the ones with the black glass as the first pair.😱😱😱😱😱😱😱
Damn generous of them,Us dealers usually ask for it back and takes a long time if you buy outside the USA.
Consider myself really lucky.🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

The sound of the Tungsol 6SU7 gty is breathtaking, full mids, very nice vocals, beautiful low end, rich bass.
A lot of things bubble beautifully and flow like caramel.
The details are also very nice, even on loudspeakers via Ultmate I can hear them from the living room.
It feels like I'm standing in front of it but I'm two rooms away.
I'm sure the EL34 Sed also contributes something, it's a mega good pairing.
On Atrium it's just pure enjoyment at the highest level.
Everything is there and sounds less enveloping which is typical of Atrium, instead it picks you up with every note and shows you what the music is all about without overdoing it.
Nothing is hard or too soft.
Fanatical driver tube this Tungsol, the Tungsol signature remains here, musical, clear, transparent, open, rich in detail.
I find them a touch warmer than the Ecc35, which is a bit more sterile from memory, but I have to say that I haven't yet compared them with the EL34.

Apr 19, 2024 at 11:03 AM Post #9,745 of 9,892
Langerex has got back to me and is sending me a new pair of Kt63s, which would be these:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/276228142648?itmmeta=01HVV17NFEGNYHC9JGXP18YSS8&hash=item40507af638:g:NQkAAOSwvGVlevo7&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAAwLiXtI2exqCoqfZQamte9Pj8IYWTRv1VIWq8lq5c7S/LeIL+ivFGac7CLfh37kcgRFpaslt2DMJR7yJ0/v3Odo9MkhDSQRPQkov8LMOpH+GIEm1/eJWQRK4pzaJSzdG79H35qERwFvmgHqsctqcmGHBornwWQPFkH7pK7nSgE6xfAgy0ojTUUH/9IaNHehngA2VDEqzUv5hH79DjJlvT36TmcvCbadU82ninn4xf2rw87FQgIlzTNdPuIEAJEDNa2A==|tkp:Bk9SR-LXnuHeYw
Damn generous of them,Us dealers usually ask for it back and takes a long time if you buy outside the USA.
Nice - did something happen with your original pair that you get to keep?

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:28 PM Post #9,747 of 9,892
https://www.ebay.com/itm/276228142648?itmmeta=01HVV17NFEGNYHC9JGXP18YSS8&hash=item40507af638:g:NQkAAOSwvGVlevo7&itmprp=enc:AQAJAAAAwLiXtI2exqCoqfZQamte9Pj8IYWTRv1VIWq8lq5c7S/LeIL+ivFGac7CLfh37kcgRFpaslt2DMJR7yJ0/v3Odo9MkhDSQRPQkov8LMOpH+GIEm1/eJWQRK4pzaJSzdG79H35qERwFvmgHqsctqcmGHBornwWQPFkH7pK7nSgE6xfAgy0ojTUUH/9IaNHehngA2VDEqzUv5hH79DjJlvT36TmcvCbadU82ninn4xf2rw87FQgIlzTNdPuIEAJEDNa2A==|tkp:Bk9SR-LXnuHeYw

The sound of the Tungsol 6SU7 gty is breathtaking, full mids, very nice vocals, beautiful low end, rich bass.
A lot of things bubble beautifully and flow like caramel.
The details are also very nice, even on loudspeakers via Ultmate I can hear them from the living room.
It feels like I'm standing in front of it but I'm two rooms away.
I'm sure the EL34 Sed also contributes something, it's a mega good pairing.
On Atrium it's just pure enjoyment at the highest level.
Everything is there and sounds less enveloping which is typical of Atrium, instead it picks you up with every note and shows you what the music is all about without overdoing it.
Nothing is hard or too soft.
Fanatical driver tube this Tungsol, the Tungsol signature remains here, musical, clear, transparent, open, rich in detail.
I find them a touch warmer than the Ecc35, which is a bit more sterile from memory, but I have to say that I haven't yet compared them with the EL34.
Langrex is one of the best UK sellers to deal with, have bought almost 100 pieces of tubes from them over the years. Their tubes are always in mint condition. Once, I bought a matched pair and one of them is noisy. After informing them to send a replacement with the next order, they sent another matched pair instead of a piece!!! Tip-top customer service :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Apr 19, 2024 at 1:06 PM Post #9,748 of 9,892
Nice - did something happen with your original pair that you get to keep?

Yes, the pair I got is one tube quieter than the other.
It becomes clearer when these are in the black amplifier. (Please don't mention the name because of the hype, you know which amplifier I still have).
Unfortunately you can hear the difference.
It's not quite as bad on Ultimate, but you can hear it.
And unfortunately it gets a bit annoying over time.
That's why I complained about it, of course I would have had no problem sending it back, even if it wasn't worth it for logistical reasons.
As always, as a tube lover, such things are part and parcel of having something that doesn't fit.
I actually had to send my defective Tungsol pair 5998 back to America and only got the sales price back.
Unfortunately, I didn't get the money for the return postage and measurement, and I haven't bought anything from the dealer since.
Also because I think that if tubes have to be shipped a long way, the minimum would be to provide a measurement protocol.
Also because of the possible complaint channels, something can always happen.
But if they are well received, both sides would be covered dealer/buyer.

@VanHai 300b amp from Eric?
@TLO can only agree so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back