Eric McChanson Headphone Amp??
Apr 19, 2024 at 7:01 PM Post #9,767 of 9,892
The Woo WA22 can go, but not DNA Sonett 2 for sure. Have you ever heard any DNA amps? Donald North built only 17 Sonett 2 and the vocals are so so good with correct tubes.

Yeah it's my lost that I gave up on the DNA Stratus after waiting 8 months because I have the itch to scratch on Sansui vintage amps. Now I will never know how Smurf sound.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:30 PM Post #9,770 of 9,892
The Woo WA22 can go, but not DNA Sonett 2 for sure. Have you ever heard any DNA amps? Donald North built only 17 Sonett 2 and the vocals are so so good with correct tubes. Oh @Deleeh, you have ZMF headphones and they sound absolutely wonderful together.

Yes, that would be interesting, but the waiting list is certainly long.
I asked during the corona period and it was 18 months.
That was too long for me.
I asked again last year and it was hardly any better.
When I spoke to Matt last year, the Dna was history, 3 months later I had ultimate.
And all the words Matt said about ultimate in the 3 months I was waiting for it were 1,000,000% gold and my thoughts for something else were gone too.
Good choice with the caps by the way, something warm and rich (Mundorf) and transparent and cohesive (jupiter) sounds good.
Dna is certainly Zmf friendly,read a lot about the amp the only good things.
Luckily I don't have a heavy wallet,😅😅😅😅😅.

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:38 PM Post #9,771 of 9,892
Lately, I have seen a few DNA Stratus V3 not V4 in the classifieds, but they went so quickly.

I didn't regret going on the Sansui journey. I had 5 Sansui amps. :relaxed:

Nostalgia hits me when I think of it. HD800 sounds sick driven by Sansui AU-907MR.

IMG-2861.JPG

Apr 19, 2024 at 7:41 PM Post #9,773 of 9,892
When I spoke to Matt last year, the Dna was history, 3 months later I had ultimate.
And all the words Matt said about ultimate in the 3 months I was waiting for it were 1,000,000% gold and my thoughts for something else were gone too.

I was pretty convincing right?

Mercedes Benz has ask me to promote their cars now.

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #9,776 of 9,892
Apr 19, 2024 at 11:59 PM Post #9,778 of 9,892
I was pretty convincing right?

Mercedes Benz has ask me to promote their cars now.

Absolutely, when things went well with Eric and I made the deposit, everything was tip top.
I haven't regretted the purchase to this day.
Very nice Sansui amplifier you've got there.

@VanHai yes that's probably true, Matt is also good at helping you with that, 😁😁😁😁😁.

Last night I showed my wife the EL 34 Sed with the Tungsol 6SU7 gty and Ez80 Haltron through speakers.
She was totally in love with the sound and said it sounds really amazingly very good.
When she cut my hair in the kitchen she stopped the shave and said honey I think your speakers sound strange.
We both went into the media room and realised that it was just the bass that sounded like that.
During the composition of the song, the bass was so distorted that we thought something had just gone off.😂😂😂😂😂😂

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:13 AM Post #9,779 of 9,892
I haven't regretted the purchase to this day.

What I haven't regretted to this day, is upgrading from Mini to Junior to Super Ultimate. Never in my audio journey have I bought the same amp thrice. It's not the same amp so to speak.

Currently running GEC A2900 and EL39. So many nice tubes to roll with and every single one is quiet.

Apr 20, 2024 at 12:20 AM Post #9,780 of 9,892
Are you getting it to drive only headphones or speakers as well ?

Here's my assessment of Supreme as a speaker amp. At 5w, it's not a lot but will drive efficient speakers at moderate levels. It will drive a pair of bookshelf on your desktop at nearfield very well.

If however you're expecting it to drive floorstanders with bass authority and heft then that's asking too much.

Eric's 300b or KT170 speaker amp at 8 watts will do that nicely.

Ultimate and Supreme are first and foremost headphone amps, preamp and speaker amps in that order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back