Feliks-Audio EUFORIA - A Wolf in "Sheep's" Clothing...
Sep 1, 2022 at 2:43 AM Post #10,576 of 11,472
Ahh right I think I have them for my KT88 and KT77s.

I've been entertaining the idea of the Sophia Electric KT88, apparently they sound as sweet as 300B, and I prefer new production as I keep getting unlucky with noisy NOS tubes.
I use the Sophia Electric, they are certainly nice sounding tubes.
I don't use them in the Euforia nor do I have a 300B to compare side by side tho

Sep 1, 2022 at 8:52 PM Post #10,577 of 11,472
The Euforia AE just arrived to me yesterday. Love the sound signature of it from the begining, I still think it lack a bit of density in sound and some fine detail with the stock tubes.(using with my zmf artium and vc, also try with my CC HD600)
Was decided to play some tube with it buf struggling which I should go for. Any recoomandation of tubes that I can replace and let then sit there forever? (Didnt think of using any adaptors,maybe straight replacement on the 6as7g 421a and cv181 6sn7)
thanks guys

Attachments

• wx_camera_1662035345036.jpg
    wx_camera_1662035345036.jpg
    795.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220901_203555.jpg
    20220901_203555.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Sep 1, 2022 at 9:09 PM Post #10,578 of 11,472
The Euforia AE just arrived to me yesterday. Love the sound signature of it from the begining, I still think it lack a bit of density in sound and some fine detail with the stock tubes.(using with my zmf artium and vc, also try with my CC HD600)
Was decided to play some tube with it buf struggling which I should go for. Any recoomandation of tubes that I can replace and let then sit there forever? (Didnt think of using any adaptors,maybe straight replacement on the 6as7g 421a and cv181 6sn7)
thanks guys
We have a similar setup :) Main difference being the DAC.

For tubes I was looking for something similar to you, not looking to tube roll much.

I've got RCA VT231 6SN7GT Smoke Glasses in the front, and up until yesterday the GEC6080s as powers. Just got the Tung Sol 5998 pair to replace the GECs and my initial impressions are the latter are livelier and dynamic with better extension on both ends while the GECs are a bit warmer but perhaps a bit more rolled off on both ends (after only 2hrs or so on the 5998s).

Those two sets of power tubes from what I've read are among the best unless you move to something like the WE 421a tubes but that's $1k+ or so (not sure what they sound like).

The RCAs are also top tier but your preferences will play into it as they run warm - something like Sylvania or Tung Sol VT 231s could be a bit brighter overall and Ken Rads are supposed to be pretty awesome with perhaps the most kickass bass as well, while Melz seem to be praised for their midrange. All around the same performance tier but you will want to choose based on what tuning you ultimately want.

Also, big disclaimer that I have only tried the tubes I have at hand, and the descriptions I've posted for the tubes above are from what I've gathered from reading a few threads.

I think I might look into Ken Rads in a few months but I'm happy with where I'm at.

Sep 1, 2022 at 10:38 PM Post #10,579 of 11,472
Nice!

For Atrium I really like the LinLai 6SN7 for drivers and Gold Lion KT88 as powers (with adapters). Clean and impactful, the bass is very immersive and surrounds you. Very engaging.

Sep 2, 2022 at 1:29 AM Post #10,581 of 11,472
thanks guys
@Kamsang my recommendation would be: let play the tubes included with Euforia for few hours (100-150) and listen how it changes the sound. When I had been listening to Euforia within first few hours I got impression that everything was like behind a mist, the sound has been a bit too condensed and lacking of dynamics. After a while I got quite the opposite feeling: while Euforia has an intimate sound and sound stage everything has been clear, no feeling of any lack of dynamics etc. Details were also there.

Check out than this track - it shows capabilities of Euforia in a brillant way IMHO:

Sep 2, 2022 at 1:40 AM Post #10,582 of 11,472
I still find the Euforia (with the tubes I've tried) lacks the last bit of detail when I use it with Utopia or Hifiman he1000se, but the Atriums aren't resolving enough to pick that up (to my ears). But anyway the resolution isn't the reason why I love it, it's the 3D engaging sound, and it's ability to breaths life into headphones.

Nice track Alekc. This is my go to track for Eufroia and Atrium, I feel soooo relaxed with this :relieved:. The whole album is good.

edit: I love the start of the track where the bassline comes in, this preview has cut that out.

Last edited:
Sep 2, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #10,583 of 11,472
@Kamsang my recommendation would be: let play the tubes included with Euforia for few hours (100-150) and listen how it changes the sound. When I had been listening to Euforia within first few hours I got impression that everything was like behind a mist, the sound has been a bit too condensed and lacking of dynamics. After a while I got quite the opposite feeling: while Euforia has an intimate sound and sound stage everything has been clear, no feeling of any lack of dynamics etc. Details were also there.

Check out than this track - it shows capabilities of Euforia in a brillant way IMHO:

Before I purchased my own Euforia AE, I have tried a demo from our dealer. Their demo unit is fully burned in with the amp and as well as the stock tube. I did realize the demo gain a bit more 3D and a bit more dynamic as well as detail (I would say more like separation than clarity) (Clarity of detail are almost the same.) The reason I like Euforia AE is the feeling, this amp tune the sound to the way I like to listen. Relax and tasty to me. Specially pair with my ZMFs and sennheiser. For the Tube, really try to one shot it since I am not the guy gonna buy all different range of tubes and try them one by one...

Sep 2, 2022 at 8:08 AM Post #10,585 of 11,472
Count me among the happy Euforia AE non-rollers. The stock tubes do it for me.
This sounds like blasphemy for an addict like me hahaha🤞
PXL_20220902_104236579.jpg

Tube rolling is lots of fun.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2022 at 10:48 AM Post #10,587 of 11,472
those tubes all like over 1k right now. 421a and slyvania 6as7gt
Sadly those holy grails Ones get more expensive every year. None of them are 1000$.

There is lots of cheaper tubes choices available.
PXL_20220514_140829988.jpg

Melz 6h8s + Tungsol 6as7 this combination is especially good.

Sep 4, 2022 at 7:23 AM Post #10,588 of 11,472
Sadly those holy grails Ones get more expensive every year. None of them are 1000$.

There is lots of cheaper tubes choices available. PXL_20220514_140829988.jpg
Melz 6h8s + Tungsol 6as7 this combination is especially good.
How big difference jump from Melz 6h8s+6as7 to 421a + 6sn7gt from your previous post? im quite curious if i should just one step to reach to the top.

Sep 4, 2022 at 8:35 AM Post #10,589 of 11,472
421a/5998 are the most resolving power tubes throwing a wide quantity of staging. 421a and Sylvania 6sn7w are more on the neutral side of things while still being very engaging with great low end.

Tungsol 6as7 is a little less resolving, quite warm, relaxed and romantic sounding providing a very good quality of staging. It's holographic spacious sounding, that is exactly how I did imagine a tube amp to sound compared to a boring SS amp hehe. The Melz provides the best synergy for this.

Both are very complimentary tube rolls. I have many favorite tube rolls and they always synergize better with different sets of my Zmf headphones.

How big difference jump from Melz 6h8s+6as7 to 421a + 6sn7gt from your previous post? im quite curious if i should just one step to reach to the top.

So it's not about how much better is each tube. It's more about synergy, meaning what fits best to your taste, audio chain and headphones.

I could make a summary of the best synergistic rolls I did find for the Euphoria AE and my tastes.

Sep 4, 2022 at 9:33 AM Post #10,590 of 11,472
421a/5998 are the most resolving power tubes throwing a wide quantity of staging. 421a and Sylvania 6sn7w are more on the neutral side of things while still being very engaging with great low end.

Tungsol 6as7 is a little less resolving, quite warm, relaxed and romantic sounding providing a very good quality of staging. It's holographic spacious sounding, that is exactly how I did imagine a tube amp to sound compared to a boring SS amp hehe. The Melz provides the best synergy for this.

Both are very complimentary tube rolls. I have many favorite tube rolls and they always synergize better with different sets of my Zmf headphones.

So it's not about how much better is each tube. It's more about synergy, meaning what fits best to your taste, audio chain and headphones.

I could make a summary of the best synergistic rolls I did find for the Euphoria AE and my tastes.
Thanks for the explaination. so far melz are really hard to find, luckly saw a set sell for 200 bucks maybe I jump on it. Tungsol 5998 still have quite a bit stock like ~150 each. maybe also good to hunt a set. saw your picture with chatham 5998 which looks similar to the tungsol as well. are the chatham just branded differently? or sound also different.

with your explaintion feels like 421a with 6sn7w set is more modern and 5998 with 6h8s more give you feel of sound from 80s that is more taste than pure resolution.

I already hate pair my zmf to my ss amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back