FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Sep 15, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #452 of 1,544
The Pinnacle cable has a higher impedance so the volume lowers. That's why it sounds different. I'll test both shortly - but they both should fit.

Sep 15, 2017 at 4:51 PM Post #453 of 1,544
The Pinnacle cable has a higher impedance so the volume lowers. That's why it sounds different. I'll test both shortly - but they both should fit.
Wasn't aware of that, thank you. I have both spare cables and want to know if they would work with the F9, or just go for the SE, although I like having the option of swapping cables.

Sep 15, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #454 of 1,544
Pinnacle cable fits OK, Shure one has a wider base, and my cable fit one side but not the other. So probably avoid that one. Campfire cables also too thick at the base - won't fit. Trinity Audio cables fit pretty well. So I guess a bit hit and miss - you need something with a narrowish base.

Sep 15, 2017 at 5:41 PM Post #455 of 1,544
Pinnacle cable fits OK, Shure one has a wider base, and my cable fit one side but not the other. So probably avoid that one. Campfire cables also too thick at the base - won't fit. Trinity Audio cables fit pretty well. So I guess a bit hit and miss - you need something with a narrowish base.
Thank you. One last question, was the connection with the Pinnacle secure?

Sep 15, 2017 at 5:45 PM Post #456 of 1,544
Yep, secure enough (now). I have to admit, I'm not a fan of MMCX though - there's always that chance that the connections get weaker over time. 2 pin (to me anyway) has always been much more reliable.

Sep 15, 2017 at 5:49 PM Post #457 of 1,544
Yep, secure enough (now). I have to admit, I'm not a fan of MMCX though - there's always that chance that the connections get weaker over time. 2 pin (to me anyway) has always been much more reliable.
I agree. My 5 year old triple fi 10 has a 2 pin connection that is as good today as it was the first day I used them. I like the option of changing cables but I might go for the SE, although I am not a fan of of thin the cable appears to be. Thanks again.

Sep 17, 2017 at 8:27 PM Post #459 of 1,544

After having many IEMS with both MMCX and 2 pin, I have to agree, 2-Pin might be better in the long run, feels like a more sensible option. Some MMCX IEMs are really really good in their connectors, like Beyer Xelento, but MMCX is, by design, going to eventually loosen a bit.

Sep 18, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #460 of 1,544
After having many IEMS with both MMCX and 2 pin, I have to agree, 2-Pin might be better in the long run, feels like a more sensible option. Some MMCX IEMs are really really good in their connectors, like Beyer Xelento, but MMCX is, by design, going to eventually loosen a bit.

yes, but our distributors/agents told us that there are lots of mmcx cables so we have to use MMCX connector so customers can buy other cable.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Sep 18, 2017 at 2:30 AM Post #461 of 1,544
yes, but our distributors/agents told us that there are lots of mmcx cables so we have to use MMCX connector so customers can buy other cable.

I like the mmcx cables. I have many kinds, many customs and have never had a set of loose ones besides a set from Trinity which came that way. 2 pin is too fragile. mmcx!! O.K. :)

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:10 AM Post #464 of 1,544
I actually agree with you, there are very many mmcx cables out there, if you're going to use the more universal shape, mmcx is the way to go.

MMCX has only become popular in the last few years. Before that virtually all the high end earphones were some variant of 2 pin. And there are a lot of different MMCX around - including different base sizes. So I'd hardly call them "the universal shape". Point in fact - try connecting the Shure MMCX cables to the FiiO F9. They won't fit. Yet Shure is arguably one of the biggest producers in the world. The problem with MMCX is that while there may eb a standard - it hasn't been set properly yet. Too many doing their own thing.

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:12 AM Post #465 of 1,544
MMCX has only become popular in the last few years. Before that virtually all the high end earphones were some variant of 2 pin. And there are a lot of different MMCX around - including different base sizes. So I'd hardly call them "the universal shape". Point in fact - try connecting the Shure MMCX cables to the FiiO F9. They won't fit. Yet Shure is arguably one of the biggest producers in the world. The problem with MMCX is that while there may eb a standard - it hasn't been set properly yet. Too many doing their own thing.

Thank you for the insight.

Well... I really would still prefer 2-Pin and that is because I somehow see it as being more reliable...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back