FiiO F9, F9Pro-Detachable MMCX connector,Hi-Res Audio Certified,2.5mm TRRS/3.5mm audio cable
Sep 18, 2017 at 2:27 PM Post #467 of 1,544
Guys which will i choose? fiio F9/Pioneer CH9T/MEE Pinaccle P1... of those three which is the best? thanks!!

You might as well add Kinera H3 to that list, since it is in a similar price range :smile_phones:

I think that each has its own strengths, you cannot call something a best, but you have to tell what you want from a IEM to do, and we might be able to help guide you to the one that is best for your own tastes and expectations.

Sep 18, 2017 at 2:33 PM Post #468 of 1,544
You might as well add Kinera H3 to that list, since it is in a similar price range :smile_phones:

I think that each has its own strengths, you cannot call something a best, but you have to tell what you want from a IEM to do, and we might be able to help guide you to the one that is best for your own tastes and expectations.

Thanks sir! For now im using Trinity vyrus v2. my favorite filter is the GOLD undamp filter. i think it is labeled as "Fun" sq.. its kinda neutral sq. i prefer good clarity, analytical and minimal bass. thanks!

Last edited:
Sep 18, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #470 of 1,544
Sep 18, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #471 of 1,544

This is very true. I am on the same boat though. What iem would your recommend under 100 usd for a neutral signature with very good tonal balance and details with great bass rumble that doesn't drown the mids?
Must have detachable cable and over the style design. The options I have found so far are fiio f9, pioneer ch9t and vsonic gr07 bass edition and macaw gt600.

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:03 PM Post #472 of 1,544
This is very true. I am on the same boat though. What iem would your recommend under 100 usd for a neutral signature with very good tonal balance and details with great bass rumble that doesn't drown the mids?
Must have detachable cable and over the style design. The options I have found so far are fiio f9, pioneer ch9t and vsonic gr07 bass edition and macaw gt600.

Let's see...

I had a few pioneer IEMs throughout the years and I remember that most of them were pretty V-shaped in their signature, Kinera H3 is a bit V-shaped, but is leaning on neutral, and I have not heard any Vsonic or Macaw IEMs, so cannot talk about those.

F9 is still incoming for me, so I cannot really talk about their signature yet, but knowing FiiO and how they make pretty satisfying IEMs for their price, I'd recommend either F9, or maybe Kinera H3, since although H3 might not be the most comfortable IEM and although given the shape, F9 will be more comfortable, H3 has good details and it is fun to listen to. H3 is extremely bright though, I recommend caution with them, they are pure love for me, as I like bright signatures and such, but they won't be warm or friendly, especially if the recording had any kind of issues, so quite revealing, clearly not for everybody.

Sep 18, 2017 at 6:29 PM Post #473 of 1,544
Let's see...

I had a few pioneer IEMs throughout the years and I remember that most of them were pretty V-shaped in their signature, Kinera H3 is a bit V-shaped, but is leaning on neutral, and I have not heard any Vsonic or Macaw IEMs, so cannot talk about those.

F9 is still incoming for me, so I cannot really talk about their signature yet, but knowing FiiO and how they make pretty satisfying IEMs for their price, I'd recommend either F9, or maybe Kinera H3, since although H3 might not be the most comfortable IEM and although given the shape, F9 will be more comfortable, H3 has good details and it is fun to listen to. H3 is extremely bright though, I recommend caution with them, they are pure love for me, as I like bright signatures and such, but they won't be warm or friendly, especially if the recording had any kind of issues, so quite revealing, clearly not for everybody.
When will you get the fiio f9? I really want to hear your first impressions and review

Sep 18, 2017 at 9:25 PM Post #475 of 1,544
Pinnacle cable fits OK, Shure one has a wider base, and my cable fit one side but not the other. So probably avoid that one. Campfire cables also too thick at the base - won't fit. Trinity Audio cables fit pretty well. So I guess a bit hit and miss - you need something with a narrowish base.
I just got the PonoPlayer to do balanced audio, got a good discount and sounds amazing. Unfortunately I discovered it's not 2.5mm TRRS. I would like to keep the Pono instead of changing to another DAP, since I'm happy with the sound so far. Is there any PHA-3/Pono balanced cable that would most likely fit? I found Surf Cables makes one, and they also make a PHA-3 to 2.5mm TRRS adapter cable. Their IEM cable looks to have blocky MMCX connectors, maybe would not fit the F9's? Are there any other cable makers making PHA-3/Pono MMCX cables that would most likely fit, or should I try the Surf Cables adapter with Fiio balanced cable? Budget is $100ish.

Sep 19, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #480 of 1,544
MMCX has only become popular in the last few years. Before that virtually all the high end earphones were some variant of 2 pin. And there are a lot of different MMCX around - including different base sizes. So I'd hardly call them "the universal shape". Point in fact - try connecting the Shure MMCX cables to the FiiO F9. They won't fit. Yet Shure is arguably one of the biggest producers in the world. The problem with MMCX is that while there may eb a standard - it hasn't been set properly yet. Too many doing their own thing.
So, the balanced cable that comes with F9 is different from FiiO balanced cable for Shure? I mean the MMCX connectors.

I recently got SE425 from a friend and I thought of using F9 balanced cable with them.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back