FIIO first cassette player CP13 is officially released!
Dec 14, 2023 at 3:22 PM Post #31 of 411
CP13 not have speakers and not have screen,
Now it is only a cassette player,
It's a purely analog sound output, and we didn't want to add too much digital-related things into it
Yes - please keep it as simple, pure, and analog as you can. If they want screen and chip and screen or bluetooth, they can always get a DAP. The battery is a good idea, although I don't think this takes too much power to run.

Can you also include a pencil to rewind those tapes manually if we have to? :)

Dec 14, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #33 of 411
I have collected MANY bespoke vintage blank cassettes and have a restored Revox B215 deck on the way.

I am ready.

The troops are in! 😉 I have my late Dad's Nakamichi ZX7 in fully serviced condition. It's also nice that so many companies still manufacture quality cassette tapes in the modern day.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 3:41 PM Post #34 of 411
this is interesting...not for me, but I am not mad this is happening...lots of us do still have many cassettes

Dec 14, 2023 at 3:57 PM Post #35 of 411
Here's some wishful thinking: don't use a cheap off the shelf transport, all the ones currently available on the market are trash. Get an old Sony Professional WM-D6C and reverse engineer it. Make it a good CASSETTE PLAYER - bluetooth, streaming, wifi are great, but what the market needs is a real quality portable cassette player with good frequency response and mechanicals.
agreed otherwise little point

Dec 14, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #37 of 411
this is interesting...not for me, but I am not mad this is happening...lots of us do still have many cassettes
Seriously? Who would choose to listen to cassette these days unless it's something obscure not on other formats, or not transferable to other formats.

Next I can throw my phone out and go back to a calculator.. Hell with that, where's my old abacus. 🤣

Seriously though, best of luck to Fiio with trying this anyway.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 4:03 PM Post #38 of 411
Seriously? Who would choose to listen to cassette these days unless it's something obscure not on other formats, or not transferable to other formats.
i do i still love the aesthetic. i have a cassette separate by technics and i buy music off bandcamp. the cassette releases you get the digital flacs as well.

i have an original cyrus 2 amp that was overhauled that plays cassettes beautifully with the technics. proper 80s design

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #39 of 411
For me it's all about consumption of the media be it music, movie, book etc.

Whatever is best at a price I'm OK with in a convenient/desirable form, not a collector of gadgets, but understand its a collection hobby for some.

I struggle sometimes to differentiate a good SD FLAC recording from the HD version but certainly can tell the inferiority of standard cassette (not minidisk digital).

I appreciate appeal of vinyl, but again, not for me.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 4:11 PM Post #40 of 411
I have collected MANY bespoke vintage blank cassettes and have a restored Revox B215 deck on the way.

I am ready.

PXL_20230809_235440180-2.jpg
I'll see your little collection and raise you a few more...
XR stash.png

:)

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:13 PM Post #41 of 411
Making recordings and mixtapes is fun :) a high end deck with good tape can make very high quality recordings. But it's also something else to keep idle hands busy. And let's face it, if you love vintage gear, how can you not love something like this.

8423e99378f0d26b2a5c69a1940f67e2.jpg

Woah! That's a big chunk of change right there! Very nice.

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #42 of 411
Making recordings and mixtapes is fun :) a high end deck with good tape can make very high quality recordings. But it's also something else to keep idle hands busy. And let's face it, if you love vintage gear, how can you not love something like this.

8423e99378f0d26b2a5c69a1940f67e2.jpg

Woah! That's a big chunk of change right there! Very nice.
I do LOVE this hobby!! 👍

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:16 PM Post #43 of 411
XR stash.png

I am curious as to why? I do admit, that for CDs, I still have around 4,000 and most in excellent condition but they aren't used.

Dec 14, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #44 of 411
I am curious as to why? I do admit, that for CDs, I still have around 4,000 and most in excellent condition but they aren't used.
Agree, CD's are still great for majority and when they came out were a WOW vs what we had with analogue cassette.

I ripped all my CD's ages ago and stored the CD's in loft never to see light of day again.

Saying that, I know many still sware by using paper novels while I just use Kindle.

Can't do with all the storage needed vs a 1GB mSD card. 😉 (or my 24TB bulk HDD storage for film, music, photos etc.).

PS. All remotely backed-up to before anyone comments.

Last edited:
Dec 14, 2023 at 4:25 PM Post #45 of 411
Agree, CD's are still great for majority and when they came out were a WOW vs what we had with analogue cassette.

I ripped all my CD's ages ago and stored the CD's in loft never to see light of day again.

Saying that, I know many still sware by using paper novels while I just use Kindle.

Can't do with all the storage needed vs a 1GB mSD card. 😉
Yes, many of mine are ripped but some good ones aren't but I don't feel like going through the boxes and boxes of CDs. My wife asks me when I am going to get rid of them. I told her just today, the kids will want them at which she rolled her eyes and laughed. I know they don't want them but not many buyers now. I have some well recorded CDs that I ripped and the sound is excellent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back