[FiiO K9 AKM]FiiO Desktop DAC and Headphone Amplifier K9 AKM Is Officially Released!
Apr 5, 2024 at 3:26 AM Post #91 of 110
But to do this, the device should at least turn on the light around the volume knob, but no LED light here, nothing works, only the USB light that flashes when you move the rear button.

Our new device arrived just 3 days ago, very sad. :slight_frown:

Oh that's really sad. I have my Fiio K9 AKM for 2 month now. I'm using it almost every day with usb. High gain for an HD 660S2
You should receive a new one if you return it.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 8:48 AM Post #92 of 110
@FiiO @Ichos

Hello.
Fiio K9 AKM stopped working, I can't make sound, I turn it on and the USB light just blinks but doesn't stay on, the device is completely turned off, what could have happened yesterday, it was working normally but today this happened?

Yesterday I listened to music for 8 hours straight, everything was normal, then I turned it off using the back button, everything was normal and the next day today I went to turn it on to listen but it didn't turn on, I thought it was the fuse but I checked it was normal, but I still changed it as a test and it didn't solve it, the USB light just blinks quickly and nothing else, everything is off, no lights, no sound, new device only has 3 days since it arrived for me. :slight_frown:

The K9 AKM has a linear power supply, so perhaps the fuse blew. I think it is located next to the power plug, so that might be worth checking.

Apr 5, 2024 at 9:02 AM Post #93 of 110
I don't think it's the main fuse, because the usb indicator is flashing.
You could unplug all cables from the device and try again. (with only power cable)
If it's the same flashing light, I'm afraid you're out of luck.
FiiO support should help.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2024 at 12:34 PM Post #94 of 110
Update...
Fiio K9 AKM I removed all the cables including the power cables and left it like that for more than 4 hours, when I plugged the power cable back in it worked normally and continues to work until now.

Anything else to be done so that it doesn't present this problem again, is there an update available?
@FiiO

Apr 5, 2024 at 12:40 PM Post #95 of 110
Update...
Fiio K9 AKM I removed all the cables including the power cables and left it like that for more than 4 hours, when I plugged the power cable back in it worked normally and continues to work until now.

Anything else to be done so that it doesn't present this problem again, is there an update available?
@FiiO
Nice, I hope FiiO can give an explanation for this problem and make it sticky.

Apr 11, 2024 at 2:22 AM Post #97 of 110
Dear friends here is my FiiO K9 AKM Review. Comparisons with the K9 and K7 are included.

IMG_20240408_175232-wm-39000.799999952316_watermarked.jpg

Also available at Headfi.

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/fiio-k9-akm.26935/review/33515/

Apr 11, 2024 at 11:57 PM Post #98 of 110
Apr 14, 2024 at 6:01 PM Post #99 of 110
Sold today k7 and pl 50

K9 AKM is coming :)

lets hope its worth 2.5x price

Apr 19, 2024 at 9:58 AM Post #100 of 110
I ordered a fiio k9 akm and it's still on the way. I've read a lot of reviews from bloggers and read a lot of comments from owners. Different opinions. Someone says that the k9 akm is brighter than the k9 pro ess. Apparently this is due to the more pronounced mid range of akm. I am afraid that if the upper medium frequency range (2000-2500 hz) is overestimated, this will lead to a very unpleasant effect. Aching loud male vocals. (if this effect exists, it is easy to hear from Till Lindemann from Rammstein. Please, owners of K9 akm, do you have any problems with the upper middle range?

Apr 19, 2024 at 12:43 PM Post #101 of 110
I manage to get my iPhone and my Macbook connected.
However, even when bluetooth is disabled on both the above devices, I can't connect the K9 AKM to my Android Samsung S23.
I can however use the android App, but not get any form of audio out. It just doesn't want to connect.
In the advanced bluetooth options I tried selecting "audio device", but it don't work either.

Edit : I struggled a lot, but after turning off the akm and bluetooth, and turning on again, i was able to pair.
I had tried 10x before that.

Last edited:
Apr 20, 2024 at 1:24 PM Post #102 of 110
I wasn't lucky. :cry::disappointed_relieved:
My Fiio k9 AKM now has a red light around the volume and no more sound comes out, as has already been reported here by other owners of the K9 red light of death, sometimes turning the volume back and forth makes the sound return for a while time, but 10 minutes later it turns red again without sound.
New device arrived a few weeks ago, this is very frustrating and I live in a country very far from the USA/China, the shipping costs for repair would be very high, I would like Fiio to just send a new, updated internal card for exchange here or some new firmware. I repair, but they don't respond.

@FiiO

Apr 22, 2024 at 2:47 AM Post #104 of 110
I wasn't lucky. :cry::disappointed_relieved:
My Fiio k9 AKM now has a red light around the volume and no more sound comes out, as has already been reported here by other owners of the K9 red light of death, sometimes turning the volume back and forth makes the sound return for a while time, but 10 minutes later it turns red again without sound.
New device arrived a few weeks ago, this is very frustrating and I live in a country very far from the USA/China, the shipping costs for repair would be very high, I would like Fiio to just send a new, updated internal card for exchange here or some new firmware. I repair, but they don't respond.

@FiiO
Dear friend,

Hi, which country are you located in? Did you buy it from the local seller? If yes, please try to contact the seller for helping about that locally.
If not, please contact support@fiio.com with the receipt attached. Thanks in advance!

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Apr 24, 2024 at 3:59 PM Post #105 of 110
Guys if i'm using my NAD stereo amplifier (pre/lo), better use LO output mode (volume knob on k9 not working) or PRE output mode (volume knob on k9 works) ?

Testing time with scarlet mini :) how can i take off the bluetooth antena since i dont use it ?

Attachments

• gdfgd.jpg
    gdfgd.jpg
    210.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back