[FiiO M11] Android 7.0, 2.5/3.5/4.4 Powerful Output, Exynos 7872, Dual AK4493 DAC chips, 3GB RAM, WiFi, Two-way LDAC
Mar 13, 2021 at 6:04 PM Post #8,806 of 9,288
I've found how to add specific files, but was wondering if, instead of navigating to my sd card each time, I was able to have it automatically load up to my music folder.

I just saw the setting for auto scan on startup. I guess I was wondering if it can auto scan while it's open so if I delete something from the device on my computer, it would pick up the change.

I'm pretty sure it only scans when starting the app, not continuously. If you delete something, just close and restart the app and it should pick it up. Assuming you have autoscan enabled. I've never really tried this, so you may want to test.

Mar 13, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #8,807 of 9,288
I'm pretty sure it only scans when starting the app, not continuously. If you delete something, just close and restart the app and it should pick it up. Assuming you have autoscan enabled. I've never really tried this, so you may want to test.
That's good to know. Thanks for the help!

Mar 17, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #8,809 of 9,288
good bye M11 hello R6 new.
The R 6 is absolute stable! BT is working perfect! No glitches, no micro gaps, not button skip problems! Good bye forever @FiiO! 😋
I'm hoping each generation of chi-fi products keeps improving massively - lets not forget now, the M11 is pretty much two years old.....

Mar 17, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #8,811 of 9,288
The lack of dual SD card slots and using the Hibby music player app would be a deal breaker for me.

Having said that, I have had very little issue with the M11 which hasn't been solved or improved by firmware updates.

So pretty much faultless. YMMV.
Same no issues on my side - Drives my newly acquired Z1R no problems, but its reaching the limits. Can feel it's 'lacking' a bit, even in hi-gain. But still impressed nevertheless.

Mar 17, 2021 at 5:27 PM Post #8,812 of 9,288
I'm hoping each generation of chi-fi products keeps improving massively - lets not forget now, the M11 is pretty much two years old.....
... and not fixed until now!
FiiO means, my files are the trouble maker. I use mobile player since 2000! And THIS is the one and only answer by FiiO "my files are defect"!
Nearly every day a crash or problems with the skip button....
I've been using my new R6 2020 for a week and there was NO crash until now, NO skip problems, NO hick ups, NO glitches, NO micro gaps and ALL my files are playing fine!
I bought three devices M7 -> M11 and ALL three devices have the same issues..... BT connection with LDAC works only with micro gaps in the lowest settings!
My old Sony NW-ZX100 from 2015 worked perfect with LDAC!

Mar 19, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #8,817 of 9,288
in the Android settings, check Audio, then Wireless playback quality, then select your required settings.

i don't use BT very often, so ldac is always selected for me.
Pointless replying. The chap has moved onto another device and merely came on the forum to .....well I don't know why to be honest.... throw one last brick through the window before running off ? I'm not sure.

Anyway, he's a happy punter with his new device so all good.

Mar 19, 2021 at 7:36 AM Post #8,818 of 9,288
Pointless replying. The chap has moved onto another device and merely came on the forum to .....well I don't know why to be honest.... throw one last brick through the window before running off ? I'm not sure.

Anyway, he's a happy punter with his new device so all good.

Before enforced retirement, I was in the computer industry.
And RTM was an acronym we used, 'Read The Manual' or if it was someone we knew... RTFM. I'll leave you to work out what the F stood for. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back