Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Mar 29, 2017 at 11:06 AM Post #6,301 of 15,899
  If you have some, try your records on more natural sounding IEM's even if they are of lower overal quality than your westons, I believe your Westons are comparable to my main IEM, sony XBA-300's which have great details but don't sound very natural and treat arschly (is that a word?) lower quality recordings. The 1More Triple Drivers are much more friendly and natural to me.

I currently only own the Westones and Shure SE215's... Waiting on a bunch of Trinity. :) I'll post findings once I do try them out.

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #6,302 of 15,899
 My EX1000 love the X5iii. Everything I throw at it sounds great.

To the guy with the red one:

Everybody hates you.
deadhorse.gif

wink.gif

Hate accepted. :D I still need to stack with Fiio A5 and post pictures. :wink:

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:13 AM Post #6,304 of 15,899

First off, you really should upgrade to 1.1.4. But in the meantime, I can answer some of your questions (but I'm not affiliated with Fiio; I'm just a satisfied user):

1. I get a slight delay when resuming playback from pause but not 10-20 seconds. Perhaps it's related to library size (mine is quite small; just over 1200 tracks)?

2.On the Now Playing screen, swipe in from the left edge will display the queued tracks. Not quite what you're after but it's close. Alternately, you can switch to the browser screen (tap the icon in the top left corner). The press the folder icon to browse the collection; tap the folder icon on the far right; you'll see an animation beside the SD card/internal memory that holds the currently playing track. Tap that and start drilling into your folder hierarchy. Each time, the folder that contains the currently selected track will be highlighted by default. A few taps and you'll be in the folder of the album for your currently playing track. It takes longer for me to type out the description than it does to actually do it.

3. On the Now Playing screen, you can scrub forward and backward in the middle zone (where the track name is displayed -- to the right of the track count) to fast forward and rewind.

I'll leave 4, 5, and 6 to others. 

Hope this helps.

Thank you for replying @Croptop 

I have upgraded to 1.1.4 and there are now less issues. 

1. The pause in playback is significantly reduces, my library is still relatively small on the x5, around 2500 tracks.

2. Thank you for the recommendation. Your first was what I was looking for! Your right in saying it's not quite going to the album but its good certainly good enough! 

3. Again thank you, I feel silly to not have tried that. 

Great help! 

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:17 AM Post #6,307 of 15,899
  Besides me having issues with back orders from Amazon, are others are having the same issue as well with their orders?

I ordered the titanium version yesterday and it is scheduled for delivery friday- which is a little odd (these type of things- small electronics usually go out same day when ordered prior to 5 and show up in 2 days- prime).  All 3 colors were prime and were handled by Beach Camera or black was sold by Electronics Expo (all prime).  I wanted to make sure I ordered it prime so I could easily return it if the SQ is not for me or it's buggy,  I see the black is in stock from EE and prime- I've had EE orders in the past including a tv I believe and all were spot on.

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:26 AM Post #6,309 of 15,899
Was listening to my X5iii on the way home from work yesterday a long 1 hour treck. I have to say 1 hour seems like 10 minutes using the player. It is so damn enjoyable listening to the X5iii. 

A coworker ended up buying one, let his wife hear it. Now she wants the red one. Lol!

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:29 AM Post #6,310 of 15,899
Most shops in Hong Kong are out of X5III. I asked about a Red unit and three shops said one month wait.

Mar 29, 2017 at 11:30 AM Post #6,311 of 15,899
  Dear Krisna13,

Thank you for the kind feedback to us.

1.  The lag can be up to 10-15 seconds. ---What's the format of your songs? The delay would be 10~15s in all of your song?
2.  Are you playing the current song from album category? If yes, you can silde right from left border of the now playing interface, and then you can view the list of the songs in the album of current song.  
3.  You can slide the big progress bar to fast forward/rewind.
4. One of the key performance of the HIFI player is the support with different bit streams and formats of songs. However, the settings of the DAC chip need to be reset and the DAC will restart when switching between different sampling rates, which lead to a small click sound at the same time. This issue can only be solved by converting to standard format and sampling rate in the computer first like itune does, which will lose the biggest advantage in using HiFi player. But we will still trying our best to improve this issue.
5. The X5III is a high resolution music player. And many chips will work at the same time when it's playing music, which will consume a lot of power and also release heat.But you don't need to worry about any safety issues with the heating, because there's temperature protecting circuit inside the player.
6. You can follow the raising message to finish the payment of Viper effect. There are also 7 Viper effects are free of charge.

Best regards

Hi @FiiO ,

I greatly appreciate the feedback, not just to me, but to all the Head-fiers that you've replied too, really excellent customer service. 

Since my post I've updated to 1.1.4

1. Most of my songs are AIFF, WAVE some Flac and DSD. The issue is less prominent since upgrading, occasionally a 1-3 second delay. 

2/3 A member pointed that out to me, but thank you for the information.

4. I experience the click with my other dacs so its not really a huge issue, was just curious if you had a solution and if it was normal to the X5 player.

5. Since the firmware update there seems to be less heating (this may be subjective).

An additional question and perhaps something to add to the next update - Is there a way to add songs to a cue/play next? I haven't been able to find this function. Maybe you can add that option in when swiping right on track or long press. It would be great to be able to add songs to a cue without having to make a playlist. 

Many thanks,

Krisna

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:01 PM Post #6,313 of 15,899
Trying to figure out: when in an artist's folder, is there anyway to configure the individual albums to display by year of release, instead of alphabetically?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back