Final Thoughts: Sony MDR-XB1000 vs. Ultrasone Pro 900. Who is the Bass KING? ** Pictures **
Aug 24, 2013 at 10:34 AM Post #136 of 138
Quote:
Just to clarify, they are very muddy and lack detail but have quite a bit of fatigue. If you look at the frequency response of the XB1000s you could see how bad they are. (And that they lack bass compared to the 700 and 500s) I've tried amping these on the o2 and essence ST. The o2 had more control of the bass, that was the only audible difference between the o2 and ST on these cans.

You will never get massive bass from the XB1000s without considerable eq. I highly suggest people avoid these headphones. I'm still bitter i had to pay the restocking fee for the XB1000s i had.

deadhorse.gif
  Yes look at the frequency response there is nothing  that compares in a headphone. You cant expect to drive these with a ipod or a phone its ridiculous , might as well go grizzly bear hunting 
     with an airsoft. Sony says right on the web site they are for portable use. I have used them with many amps and dac , dap combos and let me tell yah they can really hold that posted 3000mw 
     My main cans are a set of sony mdr x10 and mdr v55s and the fiio e12 Mont Blanc pushes them very well , as do my xb1000 but I know they sound better with my custom Mcintosh base amp
     You for sure need a proper set up for these bad boys and they sound exquisite with any music genre but dont expect your mobile devise to make them sing . You get what you pay for , complaining that they take to much power to push them wont push them..... If you cant get proper amplification to make them sound the way you want them to sound , you should buy a lesser 
set of phones . They are DEFIANTLY !!!!!! THE !!!!!!! KING !!!!!!! OF !!!!!! BASS !!!!!!!! HEADPHONES!!!!!!!! although there are some pretty good other choices out there as well including the         Sony X10s!!!! You cant put a ford fiestiva motor in a semi truck and expect it to move it much same with some of the most powerful headphones in the world .
basshead.gif

Aug 25, 2013 at 3:58 PM Post #137 of 138
Quote:

deadhorse.gif
  Yes look at the frequency response there is nothing  that compares in a headphone. You cant expect to drive these with a ipod or a phone its ridiculous , might as well go grizzly bear hunting 
     with an airsoft. Sony says right on the web site they are for portable use. I have used them with many amps and dac , dap combos and let me tell yah they can really hold that posted 3000mw 
     My main cans are a set of sony mdr x10 and mdr v55s and the fiio e12 Mont Blanc pushes them very well , as do my xb1000 but I know they sound better with my custom Mcintosh base amp
     You for sure need a proper set up for these bad boys and they sound exquisite with any music genre but dont expect your mobile devise to make them sing . You get what you pay for , complaining that they take to much power to push them wont push them..... If you cant get proper amplification to make them sound the way you want them to sound , you should buy a lesser 
set of phones . They are DEFIANTLY !!!!!! THE !!!!!!! KING !!!!!!! OF !!!!!! BASS !!!!!!!! HEADPHONES!!!!!!!! although there are some pretty good other choices out there as well including the         Sony X10s!!!! You cant put a ford fiestiva motor in a semi truck and expect it to move it much same with some of the most powerful headphones in the world .
basshead.gif

I'm pretty sure you misread my post. The O2 and Essense ST both have plenty of power for XB1000s. The XB1000s are IMO the worst of the sony XB series with no real sub bass and fatigue (again look at the graphs online as they match my experience). I've kept my XB500 and XB700.

Sep 23, 2013 at 8:04 PM Post #138 of 138
Not an expert. I'm just as picky with sound as anyone else, but I understand you get what you pay for.

I picked up Fanny 2ks for 129 not bad. However, never had a huge grin on my face. Built well. Nice accessories, but doesn't live up to its pitch. Good backup portable with no amp necessary.

The XB1000 - 300 from Japan. Not the King of the Hill in the headphone world I'm sure, but you get your money's worth when a little more juice is given, and burn in period.

I have a few other cans, but my fav (so far) are the LP2s. But I encourage anyone to pick up the XB1K, a good amp, and wait a while. They awaken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back