Flare EARS by Flare Audio
Nov 18, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #91 of 109
Has anyone been able to compare these new top Flares to the Flare Pro 2HD? I listened to the latter for the first time in a while recently and it's still pretty darn good. Not quite one of my faves but close. @Pepocoyo, how does your S model compare to the 2HD? Sidegrade? I will probably skip them but I am still curious.

Nov 25, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #92 of 109
Has anyone been able to compare these new top Flares to the Flare Pro 2HD? I listened to the latter for the first time in a while recently and it's still pretty darn good. Not quite one of my faves but close. @Pepocoyo, how does your S model compare to the 2HD? Sidegrade? I will probably skip them but I am still curious.
Actually, i spent about 4 5 days with Flare S model, since then, i have not put them to my ears again. Dont get me wrong, i just didnot have time, working 10 hours a day made me crazy. In next couple days i'll have a break from work then i can do comparision between 2hd and s model. As i remember, my 1st impression with 2hd was better than S model, i mean 2hd have something very special.

Jan 16, 2024 at 8:17 AM Post #93 of 109
Just an update regarding my S model. These are still my daily drivers. I had to return them a few months ago as the one of the channels had started having an intermittent cut out. Within days, they were returned having been rebuilt and are still perfect. These fit what I'm looking for in a music signature perfectly - obviously everyone's tastes differ, but I can't find anything that comes close to matching the Ears within my budget.

I use them throughout the day and then change to my pair of e-3d-1's for bed. Just can't use the Ears in bed due to the extra length on them. For me, if the Ears took on more of the e-3d-1 shape they would be better. It would also be great to have the mmcx connection coming out of the side rather than the bottom to allow the cable to go around the ear. I know it's been mentioned about changing the channels around, but I strangely can't do that - feels wrong lol!

The biggest wow moment for me with them is when listening to Fleetwood Mac's The Chain via my Mojo2/Poly. The bass solo that starts at just after 3 minutes into the song is just amazing! I could just play and rewind that solo all day and not get bored! It just brings out the musicality in the music for me.

I've noticed that they've taken all of the models from sale on the crowdfunding page now. Hopefully they'll add them to their own website soon as I want to buy a spare pair of the s model or get the r model instead. I bought a pair of the E model, but you can really tell the difference between the base driver and the beryllium driver. Also, having the whole lot in white 3d printed material doesn't make for a good looking iem.

How is everyone else getting on with them? I've noticed a few people trying to sell them on the Indiegogo page and there is one A model on ebay, but not seen any of the top models up for resale.

Jan 16, 2024 at 9:34 AM Post #94 of 109
Just an update regarding my S model. These are still my daily drivers. I had to return them a few months ago as the one of the channels had started having an intermittent cut out. Within days, they were returned having been rebuilt and are still perfect. These fit what I'm looking for in a music signature perfectly - obviously everyone's tastes differ, but I can't find anything that comes close to matching the Ears within my budget.

I use them throughout the day and then change to my pair of e-3d-1's for bed. Just can't use the Ears in bed due to the extra length on them. For me, if the Ears took on more of the e-3d-1 shape they would be better. It would also be great to have the mmcx connection coming out of the side rather than the bottom to allow the cable to go around the ear. I know it's been mentioned about changing the channels around, but I strangely can't do that - feels wrong lol!

The biggest wow moment for me with them is when listening to Fleetwood Mac's The Chain via my Mojo2/Poly. The bass solo that starts at just after 3 minutes into the song is just amazing! I could just play and rewind that solo all day and not get bored! It just brings out the musicality in the music for me.

I've noticed that they've taken all of the models from sale on the crowdfunding page now. Hopefully they'll add them to their own website soon as I want to buy a spare pair of the s model or get the r model instead. I bought a pair of the E model, but you can really tell the difference between the base driver and the beryllium driver. Also, having the whole lot in white 3d printed material doesn't make for a good looking iem.

How is everyone else getting on with them? I've noticed a few people trying to sell them on the Indiegogo page and there is one A model on ebay, but not seen any of the top models up for resale.
I couldn't agree more. I ended up switching to a short 3.5mm cable and buying a FIIO BTR5 to pair them with and flipped them so they're over the ear now (something I had never done before).

Interesting that you mention returning one, I had a little bit of vibration in one ear, will have to see if it's still there, it was only at certain volumes and frequencies really. I have returned items to Flare for repair in the past and the service they provided was outstanding.

Yes, sound wise they really hit home for <$200 and I could only be happier with a slightly more dynamic and attractive design really (although they do look better upside down!)

I've been using my TWS buds a lot recently for convenience, but I threw the EARS on yesterday and the difference is like night & day, even compared to TWS brands who focus on sound.

Jan 18, 2024 at 7:36 AM Post #95 of 109
Yeah, still enjoying mine (R) a good deal.
Agree that the design / ergonomics could be better - I tend to wear mine 'up' with an aftermarket UP OCC copper can, and having to reverse L&R and wear them upside down is mildly irritating. Still not a fan of the triangle design concept.
I still feel they could use a little more treble energy. I have a set of Sony IER-M9 to compare with, which is known for outstanding treble (albeit at a multiple of the price), and there's a considerable difference in presentation between the two. I never thought of myself as a treble-head, particularly but if I switch from M9 to EARS R it feels like something is lacking.
Love everything else about the sound though.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #96 of 109
Looks like I may have to get over my OCD for right going in right and vice versa then to try them switched! LOL I am a bit sensitive to some parts of treble, so I think the laid back treble is part of why I like them so much. I can listen to them all day and have no listening fatigue at all, which I can't say about a lot of my other or previous iems. I've got mine coupled with a **** 16 core cable that I bought from Aliexpress. I tend to go for the 16 core as the cable is more of a square shape in the weave instead of a "lumpy" weave of the 8 or 4 cores. The cable is really soft so it doesn't add any unnecessary weight to them being used straight down and doesn't have any shape memory once it's uncoiled. This was also one of the few I could find on Aliexpress that didn't have the preformed ear hooks on them.

Jan 18, 2024 at 10:22 AM Post #97 of 109
I think the HF response is somewhat tip dependent - I'm listening today with Spinfit W1, and I swear the treble is better than with the Spintfit CP100+ I used yesterday.
The struggle is real.

Last edited:
Jan 30, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #98 of 109
I think the HF response is somewhat tip dependent - I'm listening today with Spinfit W1, and I swear the treble is better than with the Spintfit CP100+ I used yesterday.
The struggle is real.
I think I'm going to try the new Spinfit Omni - looks like their new style, but you only get one set for just under £10 and I'm a bit prone to losing eartips! I've got some of the CP100's but not the smaller sizes that I'd need for the EARS. Might have to get a set of the W1, Omni and smaller CP100s to test them out. For some reason, I can get a better fit with the smaller Flare provided tips on the S model than I can get with the E model.

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:48 AM Post #99 of 109
You can get W1 as a single pair now, instead of having to buy a set of S/M/L.

Jan 30, 2024 at 9:57 AM Post #100 of 109
I've just order a pair of W1, Omni and CP100's from Amazon for delivery tomorrow. The CP100+ were nearly £20, so I'll take a look on Aliexpress to see if I can get them cheaper. Looking at the Spinfit page on Amazon, they say that the 100+ extend the treble whilst the non+ give balanced sound. Is that in line with what you found with them @Haden2866?

Jan 30, 2024 at 11:33 AM Post #101 of 109
I've just order a pair of W1, Omni and CP100's from Amazon for delivery tomorrow. The CP100+ were nearly £20, so I'll take a look on Aliexpress to see if I can get them cheaper. Looking at the Spinfit page on Amazon, they say that the 100+ extend the treble whilst the non+ give balanced sound. Is that in line with what you found with them @Haden2866?
Tricky to say - I've only used CP100+ and not the CP100.
I felt the W1 had an extended treble compared to CP100+ but I'd have to go back and forth to be sure, and I start getting a bit cross-eyed at that point.
👀

Feb 6, 2024 at 10:06 AM Post #102 of 109
If anyone has a pair of the R model of the EARS and not longer wants them, can you let me know as I'm looking to buy a pair. There was one on Ebay last year but I missed out on them. I'd also consider a pair of the S models, but would prefer the R model as I already have the S model. Thanks.

Feb 10, 2024 at 6:46 AM Post #103 of 109
If anyone has a pair of the R model of the EARS and not longer wants them, can you let me know as I'm looking to buy a pair. There was one on Ebay last year but I missed out on them. I'd also consider a pair of the S models, but would prefer the R model as I already have the S model. Thanks.
Not selling my R, these are definitely keepers.

Does anyone have thoughts on sonic differences between R and S?

I'm starting to get the triangle design, which is annoying as I've been quite vociferous on here about not liking them.

For the past couple of weeks I've been back on the stock, single-ended cable, and wearing my R the right way up i.e. pointy end down.
The triangles are, effectively, knobs to get the IEMs dialled in at the right angle - I get it now, and get a 'perfect' fit first time as a result of the correct angle of the pointy end.

I still think there's more to do, aesthetically, with these - perhaps the next iteration will address this now the tech is proven.

Feb 22, 2024 at 8:11 AM Post #104 of 109
Has anyone else noticed a smoothing out of the sound coming from their EARS? They are my daily drivers and I've noticed over the past week that the music seems to be getting more relaxed for me. The bass is tightening up and treble seems smoother. I can't put their usage into hours, but I've got more impressed with the sound output.

On another topic, I contacted Flare to see if they had any R models in stock for sale and was told that they have no EARS models in stock after the Indiegogo campaign ended and they don't know if they will ever sell them via their website. I'm jumping the gun and have no information to suggest this, but could this mean a V2 is on the way? I can't see that a company would buy all that equipment to make something in-house and then mothball it all. I'm really hoping it will be a V2!! I'm starting to save up anyway!! LOL

Feb 24, 2024 at 11:27 PM Post #105 of 109
Has anyone else noticed a smoothing out of the sound coming from their EARS? They are my daily drivers and I've noticed over the past week that the music seems to be getting more relaxed for me. The bass is tightening up and treble seems smoother. I can't put their usage into hours, but I've got more impressed with the sound output.

On another topic, I contacted Flare to see if they had any R models in stock for sale and was told that they have no EARS models in stock after the Indiegogo campaign ended and they don't know if they will ever sell them via their website. I'm jumping the gun and have no information to suggest this, but could this mean a V2 is on the way? I can't see that a company would buy all that equipment to make something in-house and then mothball it all. I'm really hoping it will be a V2!! I'm starting to save up anyway!! LOL
Interesting that you mention much improved sound quality. About two weeks ago, after listening for 3.5hrs, I too experienced that realization. Every single song, especially all my older music, sounds completely new to me. I wouldn’t mind a V2 coming out. Before I heard about the EARS campaign, I was going to purchase the Klipsch T10 as they were collaborating with Bragi using their AI OS. Still have my Bragi Dash with the AI OS, although I only get about 2hrs of use before needing a charge. But that fell through and I couldn’t be more happy with my S model. I wonder if this could be Deja vu, in that now the Klipsch T10 BESPOKE is availabel now. And I plan on purchasing one of the designs. Certainly I would go for a Flare Audio EARS V2 in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back