Focal Clear headphones
Oct 6, 2017 at 4:05 PM Post #124 of 12,543
Just heard the clear! Heard it right through the stock cable with the Questyle cas192>cma800r for the source and amps. Had the elear and utopia that I was able to use to a/b with.

Had a utopia from March to May earlier this year at home so I am pretty familiar with the Utopia and had a pair right next to the Clear.

First off build is pretty much similar as the elear in my hands on with both. Comfort wise for the elear and utopia in the past my ears would sometimes touch the inside and get a tad uncomfortable after a few hours. The Clear comfort was a nice fit for me and I had no issues with getting contact on my ears.

The ear pads materials reminded me of the elear pads with the perforated holes similar to the utopia. So a hybrid between the two pads.

Sound wise they were much closer in signature to the utopia than the elear but had a few things I did notice. The utopia was always such a detailed headphone to my ears that the Clear reminded me of a utopia lite. The utopia on tracks to me that didn't have great mastering was quite a master at revealing it. The clear in my opinion is bit more forgiving on such tracks.

The Clear didn't sound as forward in treble and I think for me I could probably listen to the Clear without issue.

Just some quick impressions on the clear, started getting busy so will try to get some more listening in later.

https://imgur.com/gallery/RYDv6

Attachments

• IMG_20171006_092645.jpg
    IMG_20171006_092645.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20171006_092731.jpg
    IMG_20171006_092731.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20171006_114427.jpg
    IMG_20171006_114427.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20171006_113947.jpg
    IMG_20171006_113947.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 6, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #125 of 12,543
Just heard the clear! Heard it right through the stock cable with the Questyle cas192>cma800r for the source and amps. Had the elear and utopia that I was able to use to a/b with.

Had a utopia from March to May earlier this year at home so I am pretty familiar with the Utopia and had a pair right next to the Clear.

First off build is pretty much similar as the elear in my hands on with both. Comfort wise for the elear and utopia in the past my ears would sometimes touch the inside and get a tad uncomfortable after a few hours. The Clear comfort was a nice fit for me and I had no issues with getting contact on my ears.

The ear pads materials reminded me of the elear pads with the perforated holes similar to the utopia. So a hybrid between the two pads.

Sound wise they were much closer in signature to the utopia than the elear but had a few things I did notice. The utopia was always such a detailed headphone to my ears that the Clear reminded me of a utopia lite. The utopia on tracks to me that didn't have great mastering was quite a master at revealing it. The clear in my opinion is bit more forgiving on such tracks.

The Clear didn't sound as forward in treble and I think for me I could probably listen to the Clear without issue.

Just some quick impressions on the clear, started getting busy so will try to get some more listening in later.

Thanks for your impressions. When you say that they're not that similar to the Elear, how would you describe the bass performance? That's what I find so engaging about the Elear currently, how authoritative the bass presence is

Oct 6, 2017 at 4:35 PM Post #128 of 12,543

You need to put an R-rating for those pictures you put up lmao.

Oct 6, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #130 of 12,543
Whew, I was actually contemplating to buy an Elear, guess I need to save up some extra money for the Clear.
You get an awesome case, 3 sets of cables. I think the Clear is a steal.

Oct 6, 2017 at 4:53 PM Post #132 of 12,543

Could you compare the sound quality between the focal clear and Audeze lcdi4 if you get the chance?

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #133 of 12,543

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.​

Focal launched the Focal Clear today, a new addition to their flagship headphone line. We review and discuss the new Focal Clear (including an interview with Focal's Nicolas Debard), comparing it to Focal's other flagships (the Elear and Utopia), including frequency response measurements.

Focal Clear Review (With Nicolas Debard) - Head-Fi TV - produced by Brian Murphy and Jude Mansilla

Oct 6, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #134 of 12,543
Thanks for your impressions. When you say that they're not that similar to the Elear, how would you describe the bass performance? That's what I find so engaging about the Elear currently, how authoritative the bass presence is
I would say the Clear has better bass extension, not as much bass quantity but better quality compared to the elear.

When are dealers expected to have this in stock? Early Nov?
November 15th is the date I was told. Pre-order available from The Source AV!

You need to put an R-rating for those pictures you put up lmao.
LOL!

Could you compare the sound quality between the focal clear and Audeze lcdi4 if you get the chance?
I can try to get a chance to compare the two, but I don't compare full size to iems that much myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back