Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV
Aug 3, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #1,501 of 5,632
Aug 3, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #1,503 of 5,632
Hi Jason from AVSource

Do you have a chance to ask Focal the pricing for Utopia pads? It's not on their web.
I would like to know so I can order to swap out with Elear. Tx.

Did anyone confirm if this was possible? I remember seeing that the pads are replaceable, but I haven't seen anyone mention if the pads are compatible between the two models. Obviously this would impact the sound, but I wonder how much of the tuning differences between the models can be attributed to the different pad materials.

Who has access to both and wants to experiment? 
biggrin.gif

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #1,504 of 5,632
Did anyone confirm if this was possible? I remember seeing that the pads are replaceable, but I haven't seen anyone mention if the pads are compatible between the two models. Obviously this would impact the sound, but I wonder how much of the tuning differences between the models can be attributed to the different pad materials.

Who has access to both and wants to experiment? :D

You can ask Tyl from Innerfidility. He should have both for reviews. Mr Jason should have plenty to test around.

Aug 3, 2016 at 5:30 PM Post #1,505 of 5,632
You can ask Tyl from Innerfidility. He should have both for reviews. Mr Jason should have plenty to test around.

If nobody answers by then, I'll check it out this Saturday at the next Source event (rip your Vinyl to DSD with the new A&K ripper!  Sweeeeet!).

Aug 3, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #1,507 of 5,632

If nobody answers by then, I'll check it out this Saturday at the next Source event (rip your Vinyl to DSD with the new A&K ripper!  Sweeeeet!)

Looking forward to checking that out as well - should be cool to see.

Some more time with the Utopia (on topic) will be nice as well before leaving for CanJam.  Hopefully I can compare with the HE1000 V2 sooner than later...

Aug 3, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #1,508 of 5,632
Since folks are itching to hear them, here's a reminder that TSAVJason is sending the Elear and Utopia to the Chicago meet taking place on the 13th. Anyone in the Midwest should consider coming out to listen, they're both phenomenal headphones and we have some incredible sources to demo them.

Not to nick pick, but he sending them to me. Maybe I might get the blue flu on the 13th.:)

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:24 PM Post #1,512 of 5,632
I cancelled my Elear order. My dealer said it would be in this week, but just informed me he "misread" his invoice. It's a complete mystery when Focal will have a presence in Canada. Bloody shame if you ask me, and a missed opportunity for some good sales for Focal.

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:27 PM Post #1,513 of 5,632
I cancelled my Elear order. My dealer said it would be in this week, but just informed me he "misread" his invoice. It's a complete mystery when Focal will have a presence in Canada. Bloody shame if you ask me, and a missed opportunity for some good sales for Focal.

Yep, as I said above, the dealers know nothing. They're either making stuff up or just guessing if they tell you a ship date. Until they are actually in hand, don't believe anything. 

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:31 PM Post #1,514 of 5,632
I don't want to contribute to negativity, but #LaunchFail IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back