Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 25, 2024 at 8:24 PM Post #62,131 of 62,437
Is there a software update in the app for the triumph that fixes the low volume issue?
Odd, I'm not having low volume issues on both my iPhone and Android devices. Plenty loud with great rumble.

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #62,132 of 62,437
There are definitely some app bugs for the Triumph. A one tap pause is causing disconnects on my android. Double tap with volume controls the same. Bummer. Hopefully Noble fixes this fast. And like others said, the Android Fokus app does not connect to the buds whereas the iOS version has no issue.

Apr 25, 2024 at 8:55 PM Post #62,133 of 62,437
I have a decision to make, ya'll.

I sent my defective MTW3 for warranty. They are sending me an MTW4. Should I keep it or sell and get something better?

I can sell it for $250 new and add $100 to get something even better. I was looking at AZ80 and B&O EX for inside 300 after suggestions on here last week (I was leaning AZ80 because EX has a stem). Budget just went up to $350. Any suggestions for inside $350 usd?

My requirements:
-good sound quality
-comfortable
-decent build quality
-halfway decent call quality
-$350 max
-must have an app
-Not imported from off-seas with no chance of warranty support

If I didn't mention something like ANC, it means it doesn't matter to me. I used to care about codecs but no big deal these days - aptx/ldac/aac, all work on my android phone. Thanks.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2024 at 10:36 PM Post #62,134 of 62,437
The Shangling MW200 via Alliexpress is being delivered in the next few days. I've decided that adapters are not the way for me. If anyone is interested, I will sell them unopened under cost for $95. plus shipping. If not, no sweat I'll return them.
SHANLING MW200 ME80+MW200 Wireless SET Bluetooth Neckband Adapter HI-RES Audio HIFI Earphone AK4377A DAC chip LDAC LHDC AptX HD
Subtotal $116.10
Tax $6.08
Total $122.18
Came today sealed well in bubble wrap. Any interest I will shipping on Saturday either to you or to the return address.

Apr 25, 2024 at 10:37 PM Post #62,135 of 62,437
Hi from Noble!

Just wanted to clarify app issues with the Triumph. The Triumph will have full app support. We originally put out an update to include the Triumph for Android (it works for IOS), but it ended up only allowing app support for the Triumph and became incompatible with with our other models. We reverted to the previous Android app version to continue app support for the other devices, but until we get this fixed, Android app support for the Triumph will be delayed. Hopefully it will be up and running in the next few days.
And please fix the Falcon Max with a firmware update too. The latest update crippled Snapdragon Sound

Apr 25, 2024 at 11:42 PM Post #62,136 of 62,437
1000016694.jpg

Just got ifi go pod after having own 4 Fiio UTWS5 and 4+ KZ AZ09 pro and AZ20. The go pod absolutely destroyed the UTWS5 and KZ AZ09 pro in term of sound quality and raw power. There is so much more headroom volume wise. I was afraid the pod will be too big and cumbersome, but the go pod actually the most secure and comfortable from the other two. The ear hook is tighter but doesn't pinch my earlobe so the pod doesn't move around unlike the others.
It is very expensive for a bluetooth adapter, but it really delivers in term of raw power and sound quality for portable audio.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:17 AM Post #62,137 of 62,437
My FoKus Triumph arrived today (thanks Bloom.) The Alcantara is very nice to the touch. The earphones are almost disappear in the ear comfortable, the stock tips are great. I am not getting the low volume issues reported by a few others; at max volume they are almost too loud to listen to. I am on Android so I get the advantage of LDAC but the current temporary disadvantage of no app support. That said they sound great. The Wizard nailed the tuning first try. I can listen to something as aggressive as In Flames or Chimaira without issue and recordings like BB King & Eric Clapton's Key To The Highway has all the space and separation I could ask for. Well done. I also just had a 30 minute phone conversation and they were able to hear me just fine the whole call. Very satisfied with these.

Apr 26, 2024 at 12:34 AM Post #62,138 of 62,437
I've got the Triumph connected to the Sony NW-A306 (yeah yeah I know subguy, I got a deal!) running LDAC. Can't figure out how to get LE Audio running. Maybe I can't. That said, listening to a great copy of Def Leppard - Pyromania. Wow. Allen's drums are crushing my head. Clarity is incredible. If you haven't listened to this album in a while, do yourself a favor -- play it loud. Got to do a more intensive a/b vs the Falcon Max, but I don't think they compare. This Alcantara is a dust/white speck magnet. Feels good though. Maybe I'll just rub it a lot.

More props to Bloom for instantly replying to all my emails, then shipping them out faster than most.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 1:09 AM Post #62,139 of 62,437
Speaking of words replacement, I think you meant, meant. Of course if you commonly use meat in your text, it will pop up and be used.
Ha!! Yeah I noticed that. I have a smaller iPhone and hit the adjacent key or wrong key often. Apple puts whatever it wants in the sentence, regardless of the connotation, iOS is going the start ww3 some day on a misunderstanding 😀

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #62,140 of 62,437
I've got the Triumph connected to the Sony NW-A306 (yeah yeah I know subguy, I got a deal!) running LDAC. Can't figure out how to get LE Audio running. Maybe I can't. That said, listening to a great copy of Def Leppard - Pyromania. Wow. Allen's drums are crushing my head. Clarity is incredible. If you haven't listened to this album in a while, do yourself a favor -- play it loud. Got to do a more intensive a/b vs the Falcon Max, but I don't think they compare. This Alcantara is a dust/white speck magnet. Feels good though. Maybe I'll just rub it a lot.

More props to Bloom for instantly replying to all my emails, then shipping them out faster than most.

Is that the 40th anniversary Super Deluxe edition that is shipping TODAY?

Apr 26, 2024 at 2:18 AM Post #62,141 of 62,437
My two-cents on the Triumph:

Pros:
- Neutral to slightly cold tone (with notable airiness)
- Energetic and high in responsiveness
- Retains a v-shape profile but not blatantly so like many TOTL tws
- very detailed even with AAC
- good bass all around with punchy and fast mid-bass with good amount of bass extension (only with good fit and high volume)
- somewhat wide and natural soundstage
- ergonomic in shape and smaller than the Mystiques

Cons:
- not as loud as Mystique
- quite sibilant at times (sign of a sensitive IEM)
- vocals seem a bit recessed due to the overall tone of excitement from the lows and the highs
- lacks soundstage depth (although that goes for all tws)

Overall:
Very high performance tws in 2024. Does not sound muddy and too warm at all like others. Level of detail is quite unmatched by most other tws. Will try with different tips to test for other significant differences.

Apr 26, 2024 at 3:07 AM Post #62,142 of 62,437

So which do you prefer, Falcon Max or FoKus Triumph?

Jon-Stewart-Eagerly-Watching-Eating-His-Popcorn-On-The-Daily-Show.gif

Noble Audio Stay updated on Noble Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/NobleAudio https://www.twitter.com/noblebywizard https://www.instagram.com/nobleaudio https://nobleaudio.com/en/ contact@nobleaudio.com
Apr 26, 2024 at 3:57 AM Post #62,143 of 62,437

I sent my defective MTW3 for warranty. They are sending me an MTW4. Should I keep it or sell and get something better?

I can sell it for $250 new and add $100 to get something even better. I was looking at AZ80 and B&O EX for inside 300 after suggestions on here last week (I was leaning AZ80 because EX has a stem). Budget just went up to $350. Any suggestions for inside $350 usd?

My requirements:
-good sound quality
-comfortable
-decent build quality
-$350 max
-must have an app

If I didn't mention something like ANC, it means it doesn't matter to me. I used to care about codecs but no big deal these days - aptx/ldac/aac, all work on my android phone. Thanks.
I would keep the MTW4 for now as nothing excites me when it comes to new TWS nowadays.
It feels like many of them just provide a different “flavour” and some new features but not always a huge jump in the sq department. Back to your MTW4, if they fail again just get them replaced and flipped them then.

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:28 AM Post #62,144 of 62,437

My requirements:
-good sound quality
-comfortable
-decent build quality
-$350 max
-must have an app

Just raised a warranty return for my MTW3's -- the left bud is perpetually draining despite multiple factory resets
Will see what they do --- i do like the MTW's so if they do happen to upgrade then i'll likely keep but disappointing on the quality for £300 buds

Apr 26, 2024 at 5:36 AM Post #62,145 of 62,437

Hi that's interesting. Did you ever compared the Sony NW-A306 to a Phone?
I ask because my Noble Triumph will arrive today and I have a Samsung s23 Ultra. I will use it with LDAC..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back