Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 27, 2023 at 12:46 PM Post #58,352 of 62,662
:)

The most misunderstood thing out there. Most still just activate it or just lower the volume when activated. Not rocket science to figure our the majority of ambient use is to hear something or converse so the first inclination should be pause and let one hear best what's going on around them. A nice mode, not sure if any have the option, would be to auto enable ambient whenever you pause. No harm in hearing more on pause and many times you'll want to. Then the ambient off or ANC comes back on when you press play again or leaves ambient if you had that on.

Yeah, very true...It's just so simple to design a useful control scheme, but very few OEMs actually does it...

1 tap = play/pause (ambient when paused)
2 tap = Backward/Forward (L/R)
3 tap = ANC/Awareness (with music on)
tap and hold = Volume (L/R).

That's it imo...Could ofc make it fully customisable in case you want to rearrange or add features like assistant.

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #58,356 of 62,662
Hey all - I've been reading through this thread trying to figure out which pair of true wireless buds to get to replace my (lost) Senn MTW3 and I'm pretty stuck. I've been a Senn MTW fan since gen 1 but thought I'd look at alternatives this go around. My ideal sound signature is that of an AKG N40 or N5005. Gauging from the prior posts here it seems the below are the best options right now, and was curious for any perspective to refine the list. Also, I do not really care for good ANC, but I do appreciate audio pass through. Sound quality is by far and away the most important criterion for me. My source will have BT 5.3 and support aptX HD, aptX, LDAC and LHDC.

1. Another Senn MTW3 (boring but safe)
2. B&O Beoplay EX
3. Denon PerL Pro
4. Technics EAH-AZ80
5. M&D MW09

Note I've excluded the Sony's as I've historically felt the bass sounded a bit off on their headphones. The last alternative would be to just wait for the next gen to come out since the only new set on the list is the MW09.

Nov 27, 2023 at 4:44 PM Post #58,357 of 62,662
Hey all - I've been reading through this thread trying to figure out which pair of true wireless buds to get to replace my (lost) Senn MTW3 and I'm pretty stuck. I've been a Senn MTW fan since gen 1 but thought I'd look at alternatives this go around. My ideal sound signature is that of an AKG N40 or N5005. Gauging from the prior posts here it seems the below are the best options right now, and was curious for any perspective to refine the list. Also, I do not really care for good ANC, but I do appreciate audio pass through. Sound quality is by far and away the most important criterion for me. My source will have BT 5.3 and support aptX HD, aptX, LDAC and LHDC.

1. Another Senn MTW3 (boring but safe)
2. B&O Beoplay EX
3. Denon PerL Pro
4. Technics EAH-AZ80
5. M&D MW09

Note I've excluded the Sony's as I've historically felt the bass sounded a bit off on their headphones. The last alternative would be to just wait for the next gen to come out since the only new set on the list is the MW09.
You might want bose if you prefer anc, az80 for all rounder, ex and denon for sound, not sure about mw09 if you like warm sound of the mw08

Nov 27, 2023 at 6:20 PM Post #58,358 of 62,662
So I've been lurking around here a bit. I'm wanting to get in on the last of the Monday sales. So do you think Nuarl N6 Pro 2 or Soundcore Liberty 2? I use them daily for everything from podcasts to all types of music.
Thanks
shawn

Nov 27, 2023 at 8:18 PM Post #58,364 of 62,662
What custom tips has anyone tried with the DPP's? I have a set of TRN T-Ear Tips on the way.

I got pretty lucky with the fit gamble in that they are perfect for me using the larger wing tips + SML tips. No pain after elongated use, and as snug a fit as could possibly be that I can't even shake them out of my ears despite how hard I try. The passive isolation I'm getting with the fit is so good that with ANC on, I'm getting more sound blocked out then I would with my Bose QC-II's. Could you believe it?

@SynaestheticA JB Hi-Fi had them for $380 AUD for Black Friday sales, and I could not resist. I must say I'm so glad I made decision because they are hands down the best TWS I've ever tried.

Nov 27, 2023 at 8:32 PM Post #58,365 of 62,662
What custom tips has anyone tried with the DPP's? I have a set of TRN T-Ear Tips on the way.

I got pretty lucky with the fit gamble in that they are perfect for me using the larger wing tips + SML tips. No pain after elongated use, and as snug a fit as could possibly be that I can't even shake them out of my ears despite how hard I try. The passive isolation I'm getting with the fit is so good that with ANC on, I'm getting more sound blocked out then I would with my Bose QC-II's. Could you believe it?

@SynaestheticA JB Hi-Fi had them for $380 AUD for Black Friday sales, and I could not resist. I must say I'm so glad I made decision because they are hands down the best TWS I've ever tried.
I found the Jabra Elite 85t tips fit perfectly.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back