Grado Fan Club!
Aug 24, 2023 at 2:38 AM Post #62,447 of 65,745

Dekoni Audio Custom Fenestrated Velour Replacement Ear Pads for Grado Headphones​

is anyone out there using these with the Hemp? My headphones are on the way, and of course I’m looking at accessorie! I suppose I should wait and just try the stock pads. In the end would sacrifice a little comfort to preserve the sound quality. Any opinions/advice are most appreciated. :L3000:
I have the straight velour (non-fenestrated) ones and love them with Hemp and GH2. Orders of magnitude more comfortable than the scratchy, ear-flattening stock pads, all the details are present and because they're over-ear you get a bit more isolation from outside sounds. 👍

Aug 24, 2023 at 4:52 AM Post #62,448 of 65,745
I have the straight velour (non-fenestrated) ones and love them with Hemp and GH2. Orders of magnitude more comfortable than the scratchy, ear-flattening stock pads, all the details are present and because they're over-ear you get a bit more isolation from outside sounds. 👍
I’m getting all day comfort on my Koss kph40 with Yaxi Pads and 90% as good of sound so I’m satisfied.

Aug 24, 2023 at 10:05 AM Post #62,449 of 65,745
I m listening the hemp, maybe I prefer the rs2 classic but these latter are used and hemp are new, I think they need break-in

IMG_20230824_155938.jpg

Aug 24, 2023 at 10:09 AM Post #62,450 of 65,745
If you: (a) soak the ‘scratchy, ear-flattening’ pads in a cold water solution of Dawn dish soap, (b) rinse, towel press dry, air dry the pads - - - they become soft, more pliable, and smell good 🙂.

Aug 24, 2023 at 11:18 AM Post #62,451 of 65,745
Well I broke out my B&W P9's this morning while I'm waiting for the Hemps to arrive. The irony is I ordered from one third party vendor, and then figured out it was a V1. It is coming today, but I'm returning it unopened. I'm waiting for the V2 that I ordered from Grado's shop. It is going to be hard not to open the first delivery!!!:deadhorse:

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #62,453 of 65,745
I know that the only differences are the cable and chamber, in the newer cable is braided and chamber little bigger
I suppose it would be difficult to tell the sound difference between the V1 & V2 versions. It would be interesting to know what prompted Grado to make what seem to be very subtle changes. From what I've read the change in cable did not add much to every day usability regarding kinking or ease of storage.

That said I see Moon Audio offers a service that allows for cable replacement, and of course their own brand of cables. I did add one of their cables to my Sennheiser HD-650 and loved the new sound. I'd really have to be "head over heels" in love with the Hemp to go to that extra expense! :ksc75smile:

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #62,455 of 65,745
Well I broke out my B&W P9's this morning while I'm waiting for the Hemps to arrive. The irony is I ordered from one third party vendor, and then figured out it was a V1. It is coming today, but I'm returning it unopened. I'm waiting for the V2 that I ordered from Grado's shop. It is going to be hard not to open the first delivery!!!:deadhorse:
Hang tight….

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:44 PM Post #62,456 of 65,745
Reminds me of the Rorex watches I used to see being sold by street vendors in Japan.
… remember the P. Arker fountain pens? …

Aug 24, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #62,457 of 65,745
Hemp with more detail is where I’m at in my head, I’ll do some A/B on the weekend.

Edit: Probably a little darker as well, I really like it.
An accurate sonic vignette, tombrisbane ! ✅.

Aug 24, 2023 at 4:22 PM Post #62,458 of 65,745
I suppose it would be difficult to tell the sound difference between the V1 & V2 versions. It would be interesting to know what prompted Grado to make what seem to be very subtle changes. From what I've read the change in cable did not add much to every day usability regarding kinking or ease of storage.

That said I see Moon Audio offers a service that allows for cable replacement, and of course their own brand of cables. I did add one of their cables to my Sennheiser HD-650 and loved the new sound. I'd really have to be "head over heels" in love with the Hemp to go to that extra expense! :ksc75smile:
Back a while ago, I bought my new RS1e from Moon Audio and I asked for a detachable cable mod. Today, it takes any cable suitable for the HD 800 series of headphones. It came with the silver dragon cable........ I like that I have choices.

Leo

Aug 24, 2023 at 8:50 PM Post #62,459 of 65,745
Just wanted to say that I'm blown away by my Hemp v2. It's been several months since I listened to it. RS1x, 325x, GS3000x, not to mention the HD600s2 were getting 100% of the head time. I put them on today, and it was a breath of fresh air. I love having many different HP's to rotate in/out of listening. When I eventually come back to a dormant headphone, it's like experiencing the wonder of a fresh sound signature for the first time.

Leo

Aug 24, 2023 at 9:10 PM Post #62,460 of 65,745
I decided to add a Turbulent Labs headband to the wardrobe of PS2000e … which is already sporting Nyczaj Audio gimbal assemblies …
37D82AF2-51E9-4F7A-AD75-7B88CD3571E0.jpeg
The XL headband in the colour ‘slate’ looks smart on PS2000e!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back