Grado Flat Pads for sale @ Todd's!
Sep 22, 2003 at 9:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

eric343

Member of the Trade: Audiogeek: The "E" in META42
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showt...threadid=45868

Quote:

I have, with the permission of John Grado, ordered the original flat pads and will have them by mid October. Pre-orders will get them for $25 a pair and they will sell for $30 when they are in stock. These are the exact earpad used by Grado Labs in the past. I will have 650 pairs of them (that was the minimum folks!!!) so we should have them for a long time. Call to pre-order.

Sep 22, 2003 at 9:38 PM Post #2 of 49
i just called and placed my order. it'll be interesting to compared to my own sets of nos flat pads.

my order was $25 + $5 for shipping priority mail. i'm excited to see how this is going to turn out and i'd just like to say:

IT'S ABOUT ****ING TIME SOMEBODY DID THIS.

Sep 22, 2003 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 49
Both Todd and Grado Labs must be making out well on this. $30.00 for three cents worth of foam cut & shaped in a certain way...
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #4 of 49
Sweeeeeet.

Ordering at least one pair...maybe two if I can afford it. They'll be more sexy than my yellows pads
biggrin.gif

Sep 22, 2003 at 10:44 PM Post #11 of 49
Thanks Eric! I've preordered 2 pair as well. One for the HP-2's and the other to be hermetically sealed in a mayonaisse jar!

Sep 22, 2003 at 10:56 PM Post #12 of 49
Very cool. Now I don't understand why HeadRoom never did this. Heard something about a 2000 pair minimum order IIRC (way more than could probably be sold), but 650 is pretty reasonable. I'm definitely getting a pair to try out (vwap vs. TTVJ!). Never got desperate enough to try listening with my original flats, which disintegrate all over your ears and face if you wear them.

Sep 22, 2003 at 11:13 PM Post #14 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch
Both Todd and Grado Labs must be making out well on this. $30.00 for three cents worth of foam cut & shaped in a certain way...
biggrin.gif

I was within 2 weeks of having these made but its a good thing I haven't placed the final order yet.

Headroom will be making out nicely, but things are not as they seem fewtch. If you look at your flat pads you will see that it is actually two pieces of foam laminated together. It looks to me as if the 2 sections are molded seperately, laminated (heat fused), then die cut. That means 2 molds and one die has to be made.

Sep 22, 2003 at 11:40 PM Post #15 of 49
They are available through "Todd The Vinyl & Headphone Junkie" one of our very own.

It’s great that someone finally took the risk and put up the Cash to see this venture through. For what the Flat Pads do for the headphones it’s well worth the price he’s asking.

Mitch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back