Grado Flat Pads for sale @ Todd's!
Sep 22, 2003 at 11:40 PM Post #16 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by Canman
Headroom will be making out nicely, but things are not as they seem fewtch.

They never are, where audiophile stuff is concerned...
very_evil_smiley.gif

Sep 23, 2003 at 12:32 AM Post #18 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by fewtch
They never are, where audiophile stuff is concerned...
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL, I've got 2 coming also!

Sep 23, 2003 at 12:40 AM Post #19 of 49
iluvvgwar: Please do a search for Zanth's excellent article on Grado pads. Do a search using the keywords "Grado" and "pads." Suffice it to say, this is pretty big news (and nice opening volley on the part of Todd in his new business venture). These are not some ordinary flat & foam pads. As a matter of fact, I may order my pair tomorrow!

Sep 23, 2003 at 12:58 AM Post #20 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by iluvvgwar
how are these better than the standard grado pads?

When you are listening to your favorite Gados push in on them. Notice a difference in sound? Moves the driver closer to the ear. Something so simple.

Sep 23, 2003 at 2:23 AM Post #21 of 49
1 for the HP-2, 1 for the MS-Pro, 1 for the RS-1 and 1 for the 225! I'm gonna spend +$100 for headphone PADS! My fiance will not be hearing about this lunacy!
biggrin.gif

Sep 23, 2003 at 6:22 AM Post #23 of 49
I really didn't want to pay long distance charges to call in (we don't have free 800 access here) so I e-mailed Tod and got this prompt reply:

Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2003 11:16 AM
To: Don
Subject: Re: Grado flat pad preorder

Hi Don,

I will put the pads on my website which is secure tomorrow so you can order
them there. Thank You!!!

Todd
Todd Green
President and Gofer
Todd The Vinyl Junkie

866-444-3910 toll free
406-285-3910 voice/local
406-285-3911 fax

Mailing address:
P.O. Box 1335
Three Forks, MT 59752

Ship To:
405 2nd Ave East
Three Forks, MT 59752

www.toddthevinyljunkie.com

Sep 23, 2003 at 3:21 PM Post #25 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by Wmcmanus
...to be hermetically sealed in a mayonaisse jar!

Hopefully, you mean an ex-mayonaisse jar.

Sep 23, 2003 at 3:46 PM Post #26 of 49
So are these flat pads being re-manufactured or are they a cache of NOS pads that Todd got a hold of? In other words, when these run out can he get more? I suggest we get our orders in now but wouldn't it be nice if they were available all the time? I think this will benefit Grado, with increased sales of their headphones.

I think this is the most exciting news here since the Cardas HD600 cable.

Sep 23, 2003 at 4:32 PM Post #27 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by Beagle
So are these flat pads being re-manufactured or are they a cache of NOS pads that Todd got a hold of? In other words, when these run out can he get more? I suggest we get our orders in now but wouldn't it be nice if they were available all the time? I think this will benefit Grado, with increased sales of their headphones.

Todd says that they are new pads and that if demand exists he could order more. 650 Pairs should last quite a while though.

Sep 23, 2003 at 5:00 PM Post #28 of 49
Quote:

Dusty, that's a an old Johnny Carson line. I never did quite get it either, but he said it often enough that it became etched in my mind.

Sep 23, 2003 at 9:27 PM Post #30 of 49
Quote:

Originally posted by braillediver
It’s great that someone finally took the risk and put up the Cash to see this venture through. For what the Flat Pads do for the headphones it’s well worth the price he’s asking.

It's not for lack of trying that we didn't have more flat pads until now. It's not that nobody wanted to take the risk and put up the cash. In reality, John was being a complete ______ about the re-introduction of flat pads. Back before I bothered with modifying Sennheiser pads, I tried to have flat pads made. I talked to John and even pulled out the magic number of 10,000, but was told "Sorry, that's not enough."

While I applaud Todd's ability to get this done, it's a shame that it took inside connections to make this work.
rolleyes.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by Dusty Chalk

A mayonnaise jar, whether or not it still contains mayonnaise, is still a mayonnaise jar.

.. Well, I guess this is the end of the Vwap Pads
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back