Greatness
Aug 27, 2007 at 2:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

Kirosia

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm pretty sure the awesomeness speaks for itself: http://www.dreamkitty.com/Merchant2/...gory_Code=HKDL

Quote:

This is a perfect robot for whoever does not have a lot time to stay with child. Hello Kitty Robo can help you to stay with your child to keep them from being lonely.

Who the hell wants to watch their kids anyways? Daddy's gotta hit the strip club, baby!

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:04 PM Post #3 of 21
The diagram says it has a CCD sensor in its eyes, but the specs say it has a CMOS sensor. So is Hello Kitty a Nikon or Canon fan??
confused.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So is Hello Kitty a Nikon or Canon fan??
confused.gif

Seeing as Nikon doesn't make sensors.....maybe the question should be is Hello Kitty a Sony or Canon fan?
icon10.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 6:14 PM Post #7 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by Seaside /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just little question. Can it meow?
biggrin.gif

Mongrel!

Aug 27, 2007 at 7:09 PM Post #8 of 21
Quote:

Last night I came into the playroom around 1AM to find her, still dressed (in her Hello Kitty regalia of course), curled sound asleep around the big plastic Kitty Robo. How cute! (And, how nice not to hear those heartbreaking lonely cries while I'm trying to get some work done.)

frown.gif

Aug 27, 2007 at 8:20 PM Post #10 of 21
Looks like Red saw it, but did anyone else read this horrifying testimonial?

Here's the full text:

"The description says it all here. $6000 is kind of a lot for a Hello Kitty toy (as a beta tester I got a small discount), but this little sweetie is a high-tech marvel.

As a single executive mom, I spend most of my home time on the computer and phone and so don't have a lot of chance to interact with my 18-month old. The HK robot does a great job of talking to her and keeping her occupied for hours on end. Last night I came into the playroom around 1AM to find her, still dressed (in her Hello Kitty regalia of course), curled sound asleep around the big plastic Kitty Robo. How cute! (And, how nice not to hear those heartbreaking lonely cries while I'm trying to get some work done.)

The speech capability is remarkable, and it's nice to have a caretaker talking to my child without a foreign accent.

One complaint -- this thing is heavy (the description says 14 pounds but it feels heavier, more like a couple of gallons of milk), and the little one fell down once trying to get her Robo up the stairs. It's pretty tough though, and only has a little crack for the tumble (not bad considering it was about 10 hardwood steps onto marble tile!)

Anyway, Robo is a lifesaver, and (to me, anyway), well worth the purchase. Yes, I had to sacrifice a bit to buy it, but nothing unreasonable. If it could only change those stinky overnight diapers I'd fire the day nanny too and put Kitty in charge round-the-clock.

Five stars!"

Maybe the Hello Kitty is intelligent enough to recognize callous neglect and report parental behaviour to the appropriate authorities? What the HELL is someone thinking letting an 18-month-old walk upstairs alone, let alone carrying a 14lb robot? [EDIT] Note that her comments about the tumble down the stairs made no mention of her child's well being, just that the robot seemed to be OK save for a crack.
mad.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:33 AM Post #11 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by ecclesand /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So it keeps the kiddies occupied? I wonder if it can mow the lawn; take out the trash; and get me a beer from the fridge.

Hello Kitty Robo will do anything, and I mean anything.
wink.gif

Aug 31, 2007 at 8:16 PM Post #12 of 21
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks like Red saw it, but did anyone else read this horrifying testimonial?

That sounds like the work of Kirosia. Hilarious. Ha! Her child fell down ten hardwood steps and she's concerned about damage to the Hello Kitty. Really, that's genius.

Aug 31, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #13 of 21
I bet that thing would get boring faster than you can say "headphone upgraditis".
But hey, it's only 6k!

Sep 1, 2007 at 2:39 PM Post #14 of 21
Why did these people have children anyway?.....oh that's right , they had sex and children magically came about.

What ever happened to the imaginary friend? The Kitty marketing team surely had to address this competition concern.

In these cases the Kitty Robot is a better option for these kids than their crappy parents so don't feel too bad for the kids.

Sep 1, 2007 at 3:49 PM Post #15 of 21
Quote:

What the HELL is someone thinking letting an 18-month-old walk upstairs alone, let alone carrying a 14lb robot?

If I'm paying $6000 for a robot, it damn well better be able to walk up the stairs by itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back