Headphone Tube Amps - The hunt for all 300B TUBE AMPS
Apr 11, 2024 at 11:52 PM Post #2,791 of 2,843
@kkrazik2008 we need a pic of your amp with the lights off... :beyersmile:
As requested, lights off and tv off too. Despite how it looks beyond the blinds, it is night time, yet the camera used some funny processing and it looks like it is day time between them. Anyway here it is in its EML mesh glory:

IMG_1498.JPG

And with lights on the EML look barely lit up:

IMG_1490.JPG

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:40 AM Post #2,792 of 2,843
Anyone have issues with EML warranty claim recently?

I am interested in something from them, but reading old posts about needing to send in amplifier circuit designs for warranty claims seems quite… interesting..?

Apr 12, 2024 at 3:21 AM Post #2,795 of 2,843
Yes, a longer than 365 day warranty would be nice.

With 0 control of how the 300b are used in a particular circuit I don’t think it’s reasonable to expect 5 years. I’ve read too many horror stories about the EML 5 year warranty.

If WE replaces any bad tube (?) during the entire 5 year warranty that’s pretty good.

I do hope my TM 300b last a long time!

I don’t think I’m buying a ‘backup’ TM pair😳
The Western Electric 300B is rated for an average life expectancy of 40,000 hours

5 years is bellow 20,000 hours if you use your tubes for 10 hours daily(!)

I don’t think it’s an unreasonable warranty, if the stated life expectancy numbers are correct.

With Elrogs well, the 1 year warranty can only indicate a much shorter life expectancy by the manufacturer.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 7:58 AM Post #2,796 of 2,843
Apr 12, 2024 at 9:31 AM Post #2,798 of 2,843
Apr 12, 2024 at 11:15 AM Post #2,799 of 2,843
Did you have any recent warranty claim experience with WE?
I did and it went smoothly. I had one of my WE300B go noisy (intermittent sputtering static) on me last month, and WE replaced it with a quiet one. It took 2 weeks, and now I am noise free and loving the sound. I did send my warranty cards in within 10 days, and just followed their RMA process on their website. They were very responsive and personal via email and phone call, as I did both throughout the process. All and all, I could not be happier with how it went. My tubes had less than 200 hours on them, so WE just replaced the one bad tube, and told me the replacement was a perfectly matched up tube just like the original. There is another HA300mk2 owner who had the exact same experience and he has a tube tester and tested the replacement tube he got and said it did in fact match the original one he had, so I trust mine is matched as well.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2024 at 11:20 AM Post #2,800 of 2,843
I did and it went smoothly. I had one of my WE300B go noisy (intermittent sputtering static) on me last month, and WE replaced it with a quiet one. It took 2 weeks, and now I am noise free and loving the sound. I did send my warranty cards in within 10 days, and just followed their RMA process on their website. They were very responsive and personal via email and phone call, as I did both throughout the process. All and all, I could not be happier with how it went. My tubes had less than 200 hours on them, so WE just replaced the one bad tube, and told me the replacement was a perfectly matched up tube just like the original. There is another HA300mk2 owner who had the exact same experience and he has a tube tester and tested the replacement tube and said it did in fact match the original one he had, so I trust mine is matched as well.
That's very reassuring, thx for sharing

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:24 AM Post #2,801 of 2,843
the only bad thing about we300b... the blue glow is inconsistent. that is all.
Yep, my new pair doesnt glow as blue the used one I used to own. The first pair - the blue glow was visible by daylight, with the new one pair, the glow is barely visible in a dark room at night. Maybe it does change with use?

Apr 12, 2024 at 11:50 AM Post #2,802 of 2,843
Yep, my new pair doesnt glow as blue the used one I used to own. The first pair - the blue glow was visible by daylight, with the new one pair, the glow is barely visible in a dark room at night. Maybe it does change with use?
It's hit or miss and not all are guaranteed to glow blue and even that diminishes over time. It's a nice side effect but doesn't add to the sound either way.
People could probably charge a premium for the glow as many seem to want that feature.

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:06 PM Post #2,803 of 2,843
I wonder if some blue glow develops over time haha

The tubes are absolutely spectacular, have around 100h with them at this point and they continiue to open up. Currently running Envy with We300b and RCA grey glas from 1941, Susvara never sounded that good. Verite Open absolutely magical too.

Apr 12, 2024 at 12:29 PM Post #2,804 of 2,843
I wonder if some blue glow develops over time haha

The tubes are absolutely spectacular, have around 100h with them at this point and they continiue to open up. Currently running Envy with We300b and RCA grey glas from 1941, Susvara never sounded that good. Verite Open absolutely magical too.
Great another tube to explore… rca gg… 🙈

I swear this is a bad group 🤣

Apr 12, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #2,805 of 2,843
Its like a support group where we all rave about the next really fun drugs to try, sometimes selling them to each other lol

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back