Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution
Mar 7, 2017 at 1:14 PM Post #6,961 of 12,322
Seriously? That sounds heavier if you ask me. I like that grungy style, reminds me of Trap Them. Although, I don't really care for the register he's singing in nor that cheesy radio sample.

No, the video I posted is a different band that only 1 guitarist from as I lay dying made as a side project lol.
All the old members of as I lay dying made a band called wovenwar which is mostly cleans and instrumentally closer to the rock genre

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #6,963 of 12,322
  +1 on Cookie Monster vocals,though when its used for emphasis in between clean vocals I kinda like it...Its like, "Oh this must be the important part of the song,better pay attention"
biggrin.gif

Also cant stand the whole "Im angrier than Phil Anselmo" vocal style either.

I knew you'd agree w/ that, haha.

But I do like a lot of extreme metal singers - Greg Puciato from Dillinger Escape Plan, Tommy Rogers from Between the Buried and Me, the singers from The Citadel, Periphery, Meshuggah, Devin Townsend, Mike Patton (whenever he feels like doing metal), annd many others I can't think of. 

I'm just particular, and it's totally subjective and arbitrary, and I accept that.

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #6,966 of 12,322
  I knew you'd agree w/ that, haha.

But I do like a lot of extreme metal singers - Greg Puciato from Dillinger Escape Plan, Tommy Rogers from Between the Buried and Me, the singers from The Citadel, Periphery, Meshuggah, Devin Townsend, Mike Patton (whenever he feels like doing metal), annd many others I can't think of. 

I'm just particular, and it's totally subjective and arbitrary, and I accept that.

The only singer that does weird vocals 100% of the time that I like is Al Jourgensen...I get the impression its synthed too,but I love Uncle Al 

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:26 PM Post #6,968 of 12,322
  I heard a lot of mixed feelings about the s logic thing, I was down until I was the $1000 price tag lol. How does the 780 or 900 stack up? I was interested in seeing what s logic was all about anyways.
I can see you really like anime, my favorite one is papa franku

780 and 900 are not that great in soundstage, and it is true, S-Logic either works for you or don't.

You're trying your best to trigger people, aren't you? 
biggrin.gif

Did somebody say Mosh Pit?

Really NSFW video!!! 4

Killwhitneydead:

Mar 7, 2017 at 1:32 PM Post #6,971 of 12,322

780 and 900 are not that great in soundstage, and it is true, S-Logic either works for you or don't.

You're trying your best to trigger people, aren't you? 
biggrin.gif

Did somebody say Mosh Pit?

Really NSFW video!!! 4

Killwhitneydead:

Back in 2011, I needed to get a good pair of sealed headphones, but I wasn't on Headfi at the time. I narrowed it down to the Denon D2000 and the Ultrasone HFI-780. I went w/ the 780 because it was about $60 cheaper, and I was broke at the time. Boy do I regret that decision! Even w/ stretching out the headband and putting on Beyerdynamic velour pads, it was still super uncomfortable. 

There's also a funny video of @tyllherstens listening to one of Ultrasone's high-end models. He doesn't review it, or say a word. He just winces and grimaces the whole time while listening to the headphone. After those two experiences, I haven't been able to take any of their headphones seriously, and it's amazing how far we've come in just six years. It's also amazing how darn good those Fostex drivers from the DN2000 are, which are the grandfather of the super-dope TH Series that are so popular now. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back