HEDD Announces HEDDphone With AMT Technology
Sep 20, 2021 at 1:06 AM Post #3,602 of 4,481
Well, this is wonderful.

20210919_114450.jpg

Perhaps 2h on these things.

Gorilla Glue doesn't work, Gorilla Tape doesn't work. You'd figure for the price, this part would be aluminum.

I've emailed the retailer and HEDD themselves, hopefully they can just send me the stupid clip.

It was one of the issues I had. They offered me too to send that part. It seems the plastic has changed.
It's basically a pity there are so many plastic parts used for the headband, as it has to support a lot of manipulation every day for years.

Sep 20, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #3,603 of 4,481
This doesn't seem like the famous German quality...
That's true, full of cheap plastic .. but services during guarantee are 1st class ..

Maybe HEDD had to choose plastic as it is already a very heavy headphone ?.

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #3,605 of 4,481
I guess that two aluminium joints wouldn't be that heavier...

I agree .. the HEDDphone is even lacking rather a lot of aluminum instead of plastics to be a true full "Deutsche Qualität"
But price at 1 700€, these days is a quite good value for what it is, even with plastics.
I own and use the Ultrasone Ed15 Veritas which is far more resistant with almost no plastics .. but at 3 000€

Sep 20, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #3,606 of 4,481
Hopefully they send me both sides for good measure!

I removed the part in my effort to fix it and truly mangled it in the process, but it was easy enough to remove and reinstall.

Sep 25, 2021 at 4:11 PM Post #3,607 of 4,481
YULONG Audio debuts their DA1 at Booth D1 of CanJam SoCal. We are grateful to the support of HEDD Audio and The Source AV to lend us a set of HEDDphone during this event. We have heard HEDDphone with our DA1 previously and we are so impressed that we reach out to Dr. Frederik Knop immediately when we confirmed our booth at CanJam SoCal. If you are going to attend this event and is interested in checking out the HEDDphone, you are welcome to drop by our booth or bring your headphone to compare it with HEDDphone in person.

For the record, the DA1 is two-box designed Personal Audio Centre will AK4499 based DAC, Class A preamp and 5 watts-per-channel Class A Headphone Amp.

YULONG CanJam SoCal 20210926033118.jpg
YULONG CanJam SoCal 20210926033448.jpg

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 29, 2021 at 7:18 AM Post #3,608 of 4,481
It was one of the issues I had. They offered me too to send that part. It seems the plastic has changed.
It's basically a pity there are so many plastic parts used for the headband, as it has to support a lot of manipulation every day for years.
This just happened to mine and it broke the cup right off. Luckily it's still under warranty so I just have to send it back to Bloom Audio and they'll send me a new pair but I was shocked when I went to put them on and it just snapped. I've probably only had about 30 or 40 hours on them at most and hadn't used them in weeks.

Here's some pics,

IMG_20210928_070352586_MP.jpg
IMG_20210928_070403190_HDR.jpg

Sep 29, 2021 at 8:24 AM Post #3,610 of 4,481
I sometimes wonder if they changed something about the build with the later models. One possible reason might be that the longer extension also results in more force being applied to the headband (higher leverage).

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #3,611 of 4,481
Luckily it's still under warranty so I just have to send it back to Bloom Audio and they'll send me a new pair but I was shocked when I went to put them on and it just snapped.

Hi BubbaJay, allow me to represent HEDD Audio. Very sorry you experienced this!

Unfortunately HEDD were hit with a bad batch of this bracket piece. This was not the case with earlier versions and has also been fixed in the meantime. Now they use a glass fibre-infused plastic (looks absolutely identical) that can withstand the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger. So no more snapping.

If you are among the unlucky customers, rest assured that this issue will of course be fixed even after warranty. (The warranty is 3 years if you register your product, BTW.) It's easy to replace on your own (HEDD sends a link to an instruction video along with the replacement parts if you want to do it yourself) or they'll repair it for you in Berlin. But then always contact your dealer first.

Sep 29, 2021 at 9:15 AM Post #3,612 of 4,481

Unfortunately HEDD were hit with a bad batch of this bracket piece. This was not the case with earlier versions and has also been fixed in the meantime. Now they use a glass fibre-infused plastic (looks absolutely identical) that can withstand the strength of Arnold Schwarzenegger. So no more snapping.

If you are among the unlucky customers, rest assured that this issue will of course be fixed even after warranty. (The warranty is 3 years if you register your product, BTW.) It's easy to replace on your own (HEDD sends a link to an instruction video along with the replacement parts if you want to do it yourself) or they'll repair it for you in Berlin. But then always contact your dealer first.
This happened to me as indicated in a post above - I emailed HEDD and the new parts are in the mail from Germany and should arrive on Friday. Sucks that it happened, but I am happy with the support I received.

Sep 29, 2021 at 10:51 AM Post #3,613 of 4,481

Nice. I think I'd like to request a pair of brackets ahead of time as a precaution, if possible.

Oct 1, 2021 at 2:34 PM Post #3,614 of 4,481
Nice. I think I'd like to request a pair of brackets ahead of time as a precaution, if possible.
Even if your pair might not be one with the weak plastic?

Oct 1, 2021 at 3:46 PM Post #3,615 of 4,481
Even if your pair might not be one with the weak plastic?

Why risk it? HuoYuanJia said they look completely identical, and I only just bought mine a little over a month ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back