HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Feb 15, 2023 at 3:31 AM Post #33 of 1,514
Sorry of this has already been asked.. is there any news on UK release dates etc
I wouldn`t have any hesitation in ordering directly from Hiby. I ordered an R5 Gen 2 last year (at launch) from them which arrived with a faulty 3.5mm socket. Warranty replacement was on its way within a week. No drama at all, and the support were very helpful.
The caveat with this is that at the time PayPal covered returns up to £15 (returning the unit to China was £15.90 1st class recorded), but I`m sure Hiby will deal with this in the event. PayPal removed covering returns from November 22.

P.S. My R6 Gen II is en route now (shipped a few days ago).

Last edited:
Feb 15, 2023 at 5:01 AM Post #35 of 1,514
Good to know. I was hoping for some amazon return policy love, so I could compare against the dx170, however if its all sounding positive then maybe worth the risk ordering direct
If you are anywhere near Falkirk, you are welcome to compare them.

Feb 16, 2023 at 4:29 AM Post #38 of 1,514
Just ordered mine on a drunk impulse purchase, replacing my old, slow and under-specced NW-ZX1.

Importing to UK also direct from Hiby.

As a very strange side note, has anyone sideloaded the Grand Theft Auto radio app onto a Hiby? It won’t load onto the Sony which I think is due to its age.

Feb 17, 2023 at 1:44 AM Post #41 of 1,514
I wouldn`t have any hesitation in ordering directly from Hiby. I ordered an R5 Gen 2 last year (at launch) from them which arrived with a faulty 3.5mm socket. Warranty replacement was on its way within a week. No drama at all, and the support were very helpful.
The caveat with this is that at the time PayPal covered returns up to £15 (returning the unit to China was £15.90 1st class recorded), but I`m sure Hiby will deal with this in the event. PayPal removed covering returns from November 22.

P.S. My R6 Gen II is en route now (shipped a few days ago).
Hello do you know how much the import tax/duty etc will be? How much did you pay?

My R6 Pro just stopped working so I thought I may upgrade but I can't find this DAP from any UK seller

Feb 17, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #42 of 1,514
Feb 17, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #44 of 1,514
Hello do you know how much the import tax/duty etc will be? How much did you pay?

My R6 Pro just stopped working so I thought I may upgrade but I can't find this DAP from any UK seller

Probably "luck of the draw" but I imported a Hiby R3 Pro and more recently a Hiby R5GII direct from them and both seemed to avoid any Customs fees.

Feb 17, 2023 at 8:53 AM Post #45 of 1,514
Did you find the issue?
It's been funny for a while.
It stopped putting any output from the headphone jack if the battery fell under 33%. And now it won't output from the headphone jack at any battery level.

It's the second R6 to die on me. The first R6 had a battery issue where it would go from like 70% to 0% at random and now the R6 Pro headphone out has stopped working

Users who are viewing this thread

Back