HiBy R6 III (Gen 3) Android digital audio player, Dual ES9038Q2M, Class A / AB amplification switch, Snapdragon 665, Open Android 12 OS, DSD512 / PCM768
Feb 23, 2023 at 3:32 AM Post #61 of 1,534
We just posted our review of the R6 III here: https://www.headfonia.com/hiby-r6-iii-review/

HIBY-R6-III-6-overlay.png

Feb 23, 2023 at 8:55 AM Post #63 of 1,534
Any you guys feel the player warm while playing tracks or streaming?
Been running the player for about 5 hours now straight today, using medium gain - volume level @ 40. Not even slightly warm but it`s been on the desk all day - room temp about 20 degrees. Wifi-off

Just playing local music from SDcard

Feb 23, 2023 at 9:06 AM Post #64 of 1,534
We just posted our review of the R6 III here: https://www.headfonia.com/hiby-r6-iii-review/

HIBY-R6-III-6-overlay.png
Great review. Thanks for sharing.

With respect to comparisons with the M6U, how close do you think the Hiby R6 Gen III would get with the MSEB activated? I am actually surprised at how useful the MSEB is in tuning, but wonder if it closes the gap any on these higher-tier devices?

Feb 23, 2023 at 12:22 PM Post #66 of 1,534
Great review. Thanks for sharing.

With respect to comparisons with the M6U, how close do you think the Hiby R6 Gen III would get with the MSEB activated? I am actually surprised at how useful the MSEB is in tuning, but wonder if it closes the gap any on these higher-tier devices?
Well, DSP won't get any device closer to others in terms of pure SQ, it just helps to have a desired sound character depending on your headphones/IEMs.

But of course you can create a better synergy thanks to DSP.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2023 at 5:21 AM Post #67 of 1,534
My Hiby R6 Gen3 arrived yesterday. I used it for about an hour last night and I've noticed that it tends to get a bit too hot and has a lot of weight. The sound seems thick and dark to me... but for now I'm not able to judge properly.

Feb 24, 2023 at 5:35 AM Post #68 of 1,534
My Hiby R6 Gen3 arrived yesterday. I used it for about an hour last night and I've noticed that it tends to get a bit too hot and has a lot of weight. The sound seems thick and dark to me... but for now I'm not able to judge properly.
Very strange, it shouldn't get hot at all and is very, very light for such a full featured DAP.

Feb 24, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #70 of 1,534
Previously I used the Hiby r5 then the Shanling M3x (I had a great time with it), the M3X device heated very little and weighed considerably less ... probably this is a different quality range.
Those are entry level DAPs. This is the next tier up.

Feb 24, 2023 at 7:47 AM Post #71 of 1,534
Not noticed any heating issues.

Sadly it's not compatible with Android Auto? At least not on the two cars I've tried. Get an error msg that it needs to be preinstalled on the phone? So Im assuming only phones work with Android Auto now? New to Android as my phone is Apple (hate all you want)

Talking of which, I'm getting a very strange bug. Have downloaded Apple Music App, but now when I use the control buttons when listening to music via the Hiby player app, they end up playing music from Apple Music?! I Have removed the player from the lock screen and background apps and yet using any of the buttons brings back the Apple Music app and plays off that and can also get both apps playing music at the same time.

EDIT

Never mind, think I've fixed it. Disabled notifications for Apple Music and restarted. Think that's got it sorted.

Feb 24, 2023 at 8:29 AM Post #72 of 1,534
Previously I used the Hiby r5 then the Shanling M3x (I had a great time with it), the M3X device heated very little and weighed considerably less ... probably this is a different quality range.
Are you using Class A by any chance?

With Class A/B on medium gain, there is no heat using IEM`s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back