HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Sep 26, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #11,087 of 11,913
Having owned both id put it this way…if you want accuracy then keep the stealths, you may want a pair of cans that can do more than just sound good (i.e mixing and mastering; professional use). However if your just a listener, I’d go with the organic as it has a more of the magic we look for when listening.
Thanks for the perspective! I got into this hobby because I used to be big into electronic music production, so I tend to go for more neutral or engineer focused cans. That's something to consider for sure.

Sep 26, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #11,089 of 11,913
Bro after you "upgrade" to the Organic you're going to be curious about the HE1000 lol.

Has there been any speculation on new HE1000 models since the big price cuts...like a HE2000? If there is it might be worth waiting to see what gets announce seeing that you already have an Arya you're happy with.
Hahaha. The only reason I'm not considering the HE1000 Stealth is because I use to own the HE1000SE and I'm actually thinking about bringing them back into the collection. I doubt we'll get an HE2000 but I wouldn't be surprised if we see a silent revision of the HE1000SE in the future. Then again, it's so good at its current price point.

Sep 27, 2023 at 1:29 PM Post #11,092 of 11,913
Just arrived:

IMG_0451.jpeg

Sep 27, 2023 at 7:48 PM Post #11,095 of 11,913
Listening to some dance music and the Organics are fantastic.

Sep 28, 2023 at 4:47 PM Post #11,096 of 11,913
Ok I'm too excited...he1000se arrived two days ago... at the beginning a lot of details yes but I was upset cause there was some hardness in medium highs and I can only listen to the hammering of the piano without the body, Diana krall was singing only with her nose and not with her neck, wood orchestra instruments was thin and not woody, after two days of continuos burning in these sensation is... disappeared....TOTALLY, no hardness no incoherence in sound, piano hammers are woolier and so is Diana voice that now have a neck! Details now are not forced and no brightness at all.... yeah yeahhhhhhhhh monster sound and only using them with 3.5mm cause I don't have a 4.4mm balances cable... so I can't imagine how much they benefit from balances source. When I'm writing I'm listening them... from my phone jack!! I don't have expensive ampli yet only ifi gryphon, but the fact that it sounds musical and dinamic from a Motorola...Is a good thing!

Ok I'm go to bed with a big 360⁰ smile around my face.

Sep 28, 2023 at 4:57 PM Post #11,097 of 11,913
Found the answer I was looking for.

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2023 at 7:15 PM Post #11,098 of 11,913
Hello! I recently A/B tested the Arya V2 and Arya Stealth. I own the V2. I found the Arya Stealth to be much more convincing in imaging and positioning, and I found that the Arya V2 are a little bit more hollow and with less layer definition (it's wonderfully layered but i find that the sounds are less "solid/full bodied" into the space). In the end, I liked the Arya Stealth more.

I read lots of reviews about the HE1000 Stealth and, instead of keeping the Arya Stealth, I returned them and bought the HE1000 Stealth. Now I'm A/B testing the Arya V2 and HE1000 Stealth and finding myself liking the Arya V2 much more because I find them more layered, with more depth, width, and grandeur. While the HE1000 Stealth are much more two-dimensional and less engaging, I don't feel INTO the music with them anymore.

In conclusion, I regret having returned the Arya Stealth. Could it be that my pair of HE1000 Stealth are somehow not working properly? As all the reviews on the internet say that those are more depth, wide, and layered than the Arya Stealth.

Thanks for your opinions!
If they're brand new, please give them time to open up - as the Aryas' (and higher models') drivers can take a while to loosen up from their brand-new, factory-tight conditions. You may find yourself reversing your opinions of them after playing about ~75 hours of either pink noise and/or bass-heavy music at slightly higher than normal volumes (off-head, while you sleep). IMHO, of course.....

Oct 10, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #11,100 of 11,913
After reading 700 pages of this thread specifically interested in EQ and FR, so I can figure out which of all these confusing models to go for, I kept finding descriptions of mids and treble that were confusing.

Adjusting what people called "mids" seemed to affect treble, while adjusting "upper bass" was definitely affecting mids. So I hunted around and found this graph.

What's wrong with this graph? It seems to depict that people are calling frequencies as "mid" that are way up into the treble, among other things.

Attachments

• harmanpiano.png
    harmanpiano.png
    498.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back