HIFIMAN Arya - Arya Stealth - Arya Organic :: Impressions Thread
Dec 14, 2023 at 10:09 PM Post #11,371 of 11,913
Glad you love them! They're really great.

I do not believe in burn-in....except with Hifiman planars. I swear they change even within a few days of taking them out of the box. Feels like the soundstage has already widened a bit and treble has smoothed out. They sound outstanding, very happy right now.

I've accumulated way too many headphones, but I finally do feel like I'm DONE DONE haha. Need to make some decisions early next year on which to keep in my stable, as right now I'm 10 deep.

The HD800s and Arya SE definitely feel like "endgame" headphones. Now to just decide on a few others to keep around as casual/daily headphones.
Hifiman believes in burn in they even state it in the he1000v2, they say 150 hours & all my Hifiman change for the better with burn in.
The lcd-x (original) also changed with use.

Dec 15, 2023 at 12:18 AM Post #11,372 of 11,913
Hifiman believes in burn in they even state it in the he1000v2, they say 150 hours & all my Hifiman change for the better with burn in.
The lcd-x (original) also changed with use.
Burn-in is a bad term, I would call it break-in, as it exercising a mechanical part, not some voodoo magic for sound. It is merely getting that diaphragm moving, cause it's all stiff from the assembly.

Dec 15, 2023 at 12:21 AM Post #11,373 of 11,913
I have a question, recently I got another offer for a headphone, this time an Arya V1 in excellent condition at $500, but because there're so many version of this headphone and also QC problems, do you think the V1 is still worth it or should I look more in the other versions like V2, Stealth or Organic? I know the V1 and V2 have more soundstage that is something that I'm looking for in a headphone.
Never heard the v2 or Organic but I owned the v1 and currently own the SE. If you have the budget for it, I would easily pay $900 for a new SE over a used v1 for $500. I think it’s the best value in hifi headphones right now. SQ wise, the SE is better in every way except stage width. From memory, the v1 also had a “soft” sound that wasn’t very dynamic and lacking a tad bit in the bass. Don’t forget about that warranty… Not sure what kind of support HifiMan offers on a used v1.

Dec 15, 2023 at 1:31 AM Post #11,374 of 11,913
Burn-in is a bad term, I would call it break-in, as it exercising a mechanical part, not some voodoo magic for sound. It is merely getting that diaphragm moving, cause it's all stiff from the assembly.
Hifiman called it burn in so that's why I used their words.
I know what it means breaking in getting the diaphragms moving its also for electrical wiring and joints in amp's/ dacs, tubes in amp's, cables etc.

Dec 15, 2023 at 3:16 PM Post #11,375 of 11,913
Never heard the v2 or Organic but I owned the v1 and currently own the SE. If you have the budget for it, I would easily pay $900 for a new SE over a used v1 for $500. I think it’s the best value in hifi headphones right now. SQ wise, the SE is better in every way except stage width. From memory, the v1 also had a “soft” sound that wasn’t very dynamic and lacking a tad bit in the bass. Don’t forget about that warranty… Not sure what kind of support HifiMan offers on a used v1.
The warranty is another concern about this headphone and the used market, because from what I read the Arya has a bad reputation in QC and many peoples had experience faulty units during the years, that’s why have the possibility to have a warranty is a big plus.
I think I’ll wait at the end and wait for a better offer with a possibility to be cover from the warranty.

Dec 16, 2023 at 9:54 AM Post #11,376 of 11,913
Hifiman called it burn in so that's why I used their words.
I know what it means breaking in getting the diaphragms moving its also for electrical wiring and joints in amp's/ dacs, tubes in amp's, cables etc.
what is moving in a cable?:) sorry couldn't help it - please don't reply

Dec 16, 2023 at 1:52 PM Post #11,377 of 11,913
Still loving the Arya SE after a few days, but one thing I'm disappointed in is that the headband adjustment mechanism still scratches the metal headband. Pretty lame that their kilobuck model still has the same issues as the lower tier sundara lol.

Dec 16, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #11,378 of 11,913
what is moving in a cable?:) sorry couldn't help it - please don't reply
Couldn't help myself sorry lol but some people believe in cable burn in also Google it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231217-051614_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231217-051614_Gallery.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 0
Dec 17, 2023 at 3:02 AM Post #11,379 of 11,913
I have been comparing the stealth to the organic. I have both of them at home right now and will return one of them. I find the stealth very pleasant and inoffensive, and I mean that in a good way. The organic is spectacularly detailed with great imaging and an immense sound stage, which I love, but I am finding it slightly uncomfortably bright and sibilant. I have never tried to EQ a headphone before, but I’m wondering how you would EQ the organic to tame some of that harsh edge. Also, since I am running a DX 320 digital audio player, is there an equalizer program for android that would catch output from streaming service is like Spotify and Tidal?
Thank you!
I had the same impression on my unit. When I tested the Organic in the shop all was fine. At home the sound was much different. I wrote to Hifiman and they advised me to wait for the 150h burn in time.
After 4 months now, the sibiliance is gone. I bought a balanced copper cable (Tripowin Granvia) and upgraded my Dac/Amp (Ifi Go Bar to Shanling H7).
I can only recommend the Shanling. The sound is much better then on the go bar. I compared it to the Canyin N7 and I preferred the sound.

I think EQ affects the sound/soundstage in a negativ way. That’s why I was searching for another solution.

Dec 17, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #11,380 of 11,913
I understand your point, there's always a lot of contradiction in the type of sound a headphone delivered, the best things will be to try all of them and decide which one you like the most but it's pretty difficult.
I mean $500 for an Arya it's pretty good, my only concern is about the QC about this type of headphone (I read about many Arya fail in 1/2 years) and the type of sound of V1 respect the other.
If I can ask, why did you choose the Organic over the V2? Does the sound improve or is just different?
I would go for the Organic.
V2<SE<<Organic in my opinion. I preferred the Organic over the HEKV2. Didn’t test the HEKSe

Dec 17, 2023 at 7:30 AM Post #11,381 of 11,913
As an owner of the Arya Stealth (which was my first Arya) I fell in love with it and I very recently got a brand new Arya Organic and a week later the 1000SE.

I immediately started comparing the Arya Stealth to the Organic and they are very different, the Stealth sounding more "neutral" and the Organic expanding more on the soundstage as well as having a mid bass bump sounding fuller but with a sharper treble on the already sharp Stealth.

The moment I got the 1000SE I was like ow man this is on another level being more dynamic, technical, resolving with an even bigger soundstage and a "higher quality" bass as I like to call it having more texture, body and being tighter and punchier on the sub bass that I absolutely adore.

So for me there's no comparison between any Arya vs the 1000SE, yes they're brothers and similar but it's like comparing a 458 to a SF90 performance wise for all you car lovers out there.

I'm in the position where I have a brand new Organic and a Stealth that I'm no more using because of the 1000SE that became my daily driver for absolutely everything including gaming.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 12:17 PM Post #11,382 of 11,913
As an owner of the Arya Stealth (which was my first Arya) I fell in love with it and I very recently got a brand new Arya Organic and a week later the 1000SE.

I immediately started comparing the Arya Stealth to the Organic and they are very different, the Stealth sounding more "neutral" and the Organic expanding more on the soundstage as well as having a mid bass bump sounding fuller but with a sharper treble on the already sharp Stealth.

The moment I got the 1000SE I was like ow man this is on another level being more dynamic, technical, resolving with an even bigger soundstage and a "higher quality" bass as I like to call it having more texture, body and being tighter and punchier on the sub bass that I absolutely adore.

So for me there's no comparison between any Arya vs the 1000SE, yes they're brothers and similar but it's like comparing a 458 to a SF90 performance wise for all you car lovers out there.

I'm in the position where I have a brand new Organic and a Stealth that I'm no more using because of the 1000SE that became my daily driver for absolutely everything including gaming.
Didn’t had the chance to hear the HEKSE. Would you recommend buying it owning the Organic already?
Price increase was 1K here. Still hoping for an easy to drive Susvara for around 3k 😂

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #11,383 of 11,913
Didn’t had the chance to hear the HEKSE. Would you recommend buying it owning the Organic already?
Price increase was 1K here. Still hoping for an easy to drive Susvara for around 3k 😂

Haha I’m pretty doubtful going to happen, but we can hope still! I don’t know where they really could cut corners and make them more efficient, that wouldn’t step completely on the toes of the HE1000 series.

Dec 17, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #11,384 of 11,913
Oh I feel bad and guilty for saying this but in my humble opinion it is a great upgrade that you appreciate the more you use because when you just put it on your head and go for a listen you might be like "Ooook this is supposed to be an upgrade but it's not super obvious to me". As soon as you go through your favorite tracks that's where all the magic happens and you notice that it is more dynamic and slammy. Don't get fooled by the Organic's midbass bump thinking that it has more bass because it doesn't! ( I just noticed that I am speaking like you have already ordered one lol 😂 )
I don't know about the Sus man, it was released back in 2017 and I never had the chance to try it cause up in northern Greece where I live it is a miracle finding a place where you can try out audio gear... Imo if Hifiman goes for a new version it will probably be more efficient but surely not to our pockets.
If you have access to the classifieds section (I am waiting for my approval) there's a guy selling a used one for 3.5K.

Haha I’m pretty doubtful going to happen, but we can hope still! I don’t know where they really could cut corners and make them more efficient, that wouldn’t step completely on the toes of the HE1000 series.
I agree mate, I think it ain't gonna happen but fingers crossed a revision might be in the works.

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 1:22 PM Post #11,385 of 11,913
The HE1000SE is definitely the best choice I supposed, but the price it's pretty high even in the used market, the organic seem to be the best choice from price/sound value at this point

Users who are viewing this thread

Back