Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Aug 3, 2016 at 8:45 AM Post #7,936 of 14,747
Question is, will the earpad change really give the same sound as v2? The v2's driver housing is smaller than the current model, so I'm guessing the distance between ear and driver will be different even if we both have the same pads. That may not make a big difference, though. I'm just wondering aloud.

Aug 3, 2016 at 11:17 PM Post #7,938 of 14,747
  Question is, will the earpad change really give the same sound as v2? The v2's driver housing is smaller than the current model, so I'm guessing the distance between ear and driver will be different even if we both have the same pads. That may not make a big difference, though. I'm just wondering aloud.

Hopefully some reviewers can get their hand on it and tell us the truth.

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:49 AM Post #7,939 of 14,747
@jerg  was modding earpads to give them an angle, and he reckoned it made an improvement. I haven't followed his mods in detail -- I just covered the internal reflective surfaces with surgical tape (like the Sony Z7 mod) to see if the treble can be improved, which my 5 minutes of listening since suggests it has. I'm wondering if I'll be able to get a set of the new angled pads as well.

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #7,940 of 14,747
We have so many questions about V2 (vs V1). John & Rob from Chord Electronics are quick to answer questions about Mojo to the DAVE. So is Dan answering about Ether Flow & upgrades but no answers or comments from HFM rep? Doesn't HFM have any trade rep in this forum given that it is a sponsor of Headfi? It's such a shame that this thread is 530 pages and contains lots of useful discussion that led to my purchase of HE1000.

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:14 PM Post #7,941 of 14,747
The past 3 days of discussions all vanished. Time to ring up Mulder, for we have just entered..."The Twilight Zone"

Aug 8, 2016 at 12:17 PM Post #7,942 of 14,747
  We have so many questions about V2 (vs V1). John & Rob from Chord Electronics are quick to answer questions about Mojo to the DAVE. So is Dan answering about Ether Flow & upgrades but no answers or comments from HFM rep? Doesn't HFM have any trade rep in this forum given that it is a sponsor of Headfi? It's such a shame that this thread is 530 pages and contains lots of useful discussion that led to my purchase of HE1000.

Not forgetting Cavalli Audio when the improved version of Liquid Carbon were announced, albeit with a significant price increase. They were very up front and clearly explained their decisions.

Aug 8, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #7,943 of 14,747
  The past 3 days of discussions all vanished. Time to ring up Mulder, for we have just entered..."The Twilight Zone"

Thank you for this post. I'm usually only reading this forum and started to question my sanity because I didn't find the V2 vs. V1 discussion anymore. In my opinion there wasn't such bad comments about the release of the new version, only few critical opinions. So its quite strange that it got censored.

Hopefully we can see more open discussion about possibilities to get V1 upgraded to V2.

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:34 PM Post #7,944 of 14,747
http://www.head-fi.org/a/terms-of-service

1. Head-Fi reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to delete posts. In most cases, the individual who made the deleted post will be notified via e-mail and/or chat and/or private messaging and/or telephone with a reason for the deletion.

2. Head-Fi reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit posts. In most cases, posts are deleted instead of edited. In most cases, if a post is edited, the individual who made the post that was edited will be notified via e-mail and/or chat and/or private messaging and/or telephone with a reason for the edit(s).

Is it a violation to ask Head-Fi the reason for deleted posts? 
blink.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #7,945 of 14,747
Back to the HE1000, I want to talk about weight and comfort. The HE1000 weighs 480g which is a couple of feathers lighter than the Focal Utopia 490g. Just wondering if any HE1000V1 owners have tried the Utopia and felt that the HE1000 is heavier than the Utopia? Newton's law says that the Utopia should feel heavier but is it indeed the case? And also did anyone in Hong Kong show, try both the HE1000V2 which has shed more than Mars bar weight (58g) to 420g. Do you feel that the V2 is lighter than the Utopia and V1? 

For my next flagship can, weight and comfort is going to be very important because the HE1000 feels so heavy on my head compared to HD800S. Is it my head feeling V1 is heavy or just my heart?

Aug 8, 2016 at 3:49 PM Post #7,946 of 14,747
All you need to do is start shaving and trim out your hair, heck you may need to remove your denture...then your V1 will feel exactly like a V2. Problem solved!  
darthsmile.gif

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:25 PM Post #7,948 of 14,747
The HE1000 prices are falling fast. Time to pick up one if you have been waiting at the side line to get the best headphone in the world. Ok, technically, it may not be the best after V2 is out. Second best headphone, whatever.

https://www.amazon.com/HIFIMAN-HE1000-Planar-Magnetic-Headphone/dp/B00Y9XT3SE

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:35 PM Post #7,949 of 14,747
  Well, the build quality issues that plague the HEK became more evident after I got my Black Dragon cable.  The left earcup has a fairly tight connector, but the right earcup has a loose connector where the cable makes contact when plugged in, but eventually falls out on its own due to the loose fitting and the weight of the cable.  I noticed that the cable connector can also be wiggled inside of the right earcup, whereas it cannot inside of the left.

Total shame...

Time to see how reliable Adorama Customer Service is.

Any update? Is Adorama or HFM taking care of you?

I have been plugging my HE1000 daily to keep in the crappy box. Wondering when the connectors are going to fall out. Anyone know how many plugging cycles are the connectors are rated? 1000? 10000? or 100000? Also the cables, how many plugging cycles are they rated for? Will HFM replace failed cables during the 3 years warranty?

Aug 8, 2016 at 4:37 PM Post #7,950 of 14,747

Any update? Is Adorama or HFM taking care of you?

I have been plugging my HE1000 daily to keep in the crappy box. Wondering when the connectors are going to fall out. Anyone know how many plugging cycles are the connectors are rated? 1000? 10000? or 100000? Also the cables, how many plugging cycles are they rated for? Will HFM replace failed cables during the 3 years warranty?

I have sent my pair back to Adorama for exchange.  They just received it today.  Should hear back within 3-4 business days.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back