Hifiman HE1000 Planar Dynamic Headphone
Aug 2, 2016 at 1:29 AM Post #7,922 of 14,747
Hooked up my he1000 to my he6's speaker amp (the Ear Yoshino V12). Now I'm starting to fall in love with my he1000 all over again!

Yup, yup, yup.... tho I never fell outta love.

Aug 2, 2016 at 7:20 AM Post #7,923 of 14,747
I contacted them about the headband 2 months ago and they said they would have an answer for me in two months. They totally suggested the release for me too :D. I hope they sell upgrade kits, e.g. whole headband and new pads, so I can install them myself because I'm not too keen of sending these out.

Aug 2, 2016 at 3:00 PM Post #7,924 of 14,747
  I contacted them about the headband 2 months ago and they said they would have an answer for me in two months. They totally suggested the release for me too :D. I hope they sell upgrade kits, e.g. whole headband and new pads, so I can install them myself because I'm not too keen of sending these out.

I got the same answer about two months ago. I did ask them to sell me the current headband as I want a shorter one but they refused.

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:21 PM Post #7,926 of 14,747
  None of the Schitt can do HE1000 any justice.

Yeah, you're totally right.  My HEK sound TERRIBLE with the Schiit Mjolnir and Gungnir.  It's like an entire harem full of veils have been placed between me and the music.  As if a whole Bed, Bath, and Beyond's worth of pillows have been put over my ears.  Like I'm listening to the music from several rooms away, barely able to distinguish a single note, not even the tenderest pluck of a violin's strings.  OH, THE HUMANITY.  WHAT HAVE I DONE WITH MY LIFE?  IF ONLY I HAD LISTENED TO SOME TROLL ON THE INTERNET WHO LIKES TO TALK OUT OF HIS BACKSIDE AND S#IT ON SCHIIT WHENEVER IT IS MENTIONED IN THIS THREAD.  IF I HAD A TIME MACHINE, I WOULD DEFINITELY NOT GO BACK AND STOP HITLER, I WOULD INSTEAD STOP MYSELF FROM PURCHASING A SYSTEM THAT DOES NOT DO """"ANY""" JUSTICE TO THESE CANS.

Seriously, dude, give me a break.

Aug 2, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #7,927 of 14,747
  Ok, I'm just going to throw it in here.

There is going to be HE1000 V2. The news is posted on Hifiman's official wechat account. And it will have its debut in the HK hifi show August 5th-7th.

It is said that they are focusing on improving the headband, yoke, earpad, cable and weight

I am really looking forward to it, as my biggest complaint about the original is the overall lack of attention to detail.

Could you post a link to this news if you have it? Thanks mate. 

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #7,929 of 14,747
I found some more info: http://www.wifihifi.ca/LatestNewsHeadlines/HiFiMANUpdatesItsFlagshipHeadphones.html

Aug 2, 2016 at 10:58 PM Post #7,931 of 14,747
Aug 3, 2016 at 6:21 AM Post #7,933 of 14,747
I doubt that they will provide the revised headband for existing owners.

I am sure that they will have the pads available, and I will definitely be interested in a pair of those.

Interesting that they are also changing the cables. The old ones were awful - probably the worst stock cable I have heard.

Aug 3, 2016 at 6:32 AM Post #7,934 of 14,747
They're pretty much guaranteed to sell a bazillion of those new pads to existing HE1000 owners, and also guaranteed to pish off just as many if they refuse to sell them separately. The HE1000 has been crying out for a decent pad so this is hopefully a positive move for existing and new owners. The only structural change on the HE1000 appears to be the thinner cup, perhaps to reduce overall depth considering the wider pad.

Aug 3, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #7,935 of 14,747
Well, the build quality issues that plague the HEK became more evident after I got my Black Dragon cable.  The left earcup has a fairly tight connector, but the right earcup has a loose connector where the cable makes contact when plugged in, but eventually falls out on its own due to the loose fitting and the weight of the cable.  I noticed that the cable connector can also be wiggled inside of the right earcup, whereas it cannot inside of the left.

Total shame...

Time to see how reliable Adorama Customer Service is.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back