HiFiMan Susvara
Jun 15, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #21,511 of 25,680
ENVY ,Just Arrived..A Sound Festival...

IMG_7680.jpg

Best Regards

Sisco

Jun 15, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #21,514 of 25,680
Never saw it advertised as the HE1000V2 Stealth.

Probably not in your region. But when the HE-1000 Stealth was introduced to the market early December 2022 it was called HE-1000 V2 Stealth by the German HiFiMan distributor Sieveking Sound and by German dealers, e.g. HiFi (Berlin) or Thomann.de as well as in the German review by Musicalhead.de .

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #21,515 of 25,680
and by a large number of dealers and reviewers globally ( or the majority ) in order to point that it was an evolution or update of the existing v2 ( and not of the previous he1000 build )

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2023 at 5:41 PM Post #21,516 of 25,680
The HE-adapter is supposed to "protect" HP's according to HiFiMan's website - is that what they are supposed to protect it from?

At any rate, this post pushed me back to my baseline position that I don't believe the Felix-Audio Envy can drive the Susvara to my satisfaction for classical music. Classical music has sudden spikes in very loud bass (these YT examples are limited of course, but imagine them properly recorded and presented):

I have a private recording of this work, where the bass spike looks like a very tall skyscraper in the middle of the desert on the WAV form. When I play them loud enough on my speakers the walls literally shake and my neighbors send me nasty emails (I recently paid $21,000 to install an acoustic door after 22 years of complaints). The Envy is 8W into 8 or 16 ohms according to one review I read - this is simply not enough for these sudden spikes in energy. I am considering the Vincent speaker hybrid monoblocks - if I want tubes, it has to be tube SPEAKER amps.

On my speakers, and trying (unsuccessfully) to tape how it sounds on my Susvara:

Again, on my speakers, and demonstrating how the acoustic door blocks any sound:

Jun 15, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #21,517 of 25,680
and by a large number of dealers and reviewers globally ( or the majority ) in order to point that it was an evolution or update of the existing v2 ( and not of the previous he1000 build )
That was also the initial story of the he1000se. (Special, not stealth edition).

Anyway…….

Potato, potata. Tomato, tomata.

Jun 16, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #21,518 of 25,680
If anyone out there is questing for a new power amp contender for Susvara, I just picked up the new Keces S300+. It is biased higher in Class A than the original S300 and runs hotter. It also has a much improved damping factor which translates to a better controlled and more solid low end. I’m breaking it in on my two channel system but will be testing it with Susvara next week.

IMG_1678.jpeg

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 3:56 AM Post #21,519 of 25,680
If anyone out there is questing for a new power amp contender for Susvara, I just picked up the new Keces S300+. It is biased higher in Class A than the original S300 and runs hotter. It also has a much improved damping factor which translates to a better controlled and more solid low end. I’m breaking it in on my two channel system but will be testing it with Susvara next week.

Hotter than the original? Is that possible? Mine was unconfortable to touch in Pure Class A. Never tried AB lol! And incredible amp for such a small package. Absolutely not a Class D pretender. Be very careful with what you use as a preamp. My topping pre-90 blew my susvaras for simply changing source. I now use a Moon 390D for DAC/preamp duties when using the Keces S300 - its click and pop free. I never trusted turning the amp "on" with suscaras connected as its not the cleanest startup. Fine with HD650, but i wouldnt trust it with Susvaras. i.e. switch on with sucvaras NOT connected, then connect.

Jun 16, 2023 at 6:25 PM Post #21,520 of 25,680
Hotter than the original? Is that possible? Mine was unconfortable to touch in Pure Class A. Never tried AB lol! And incredible amp for such a small package. Absolutely not a Class D pretender. Be very careful with what you use as a preamp. My topping pre-90 blew my susvaras for simply changing source. I now use a Moon 390D for DAC/preamp duties when using the Keces S300 - its click and pop free. I never trusted turning the amp "on" with suscaras connected as its not the cleanest startup. Fine with HD650, but i wouldnt trust it with Susvaras. i.e. switch on with sucvaras NOT connected, then connect.
Yes, the S300+ averages around 55 degrees Celsius. Because there are no external heatsinks, the whole amp (feet included) acts as a heat sink. Keces assured me this is within spec and won't damage the internal components, but it's definitely warmer than the original S300.

I have an OG S300 and an S300+ in my two-channel system and am currently using them to bi-amp speakers. They sound incredible! Can't wait to try the S300+ with Susvara.

When I have the funds, I'll sell the OG model and upgrade to a second S300+.

I considered going for a used Parasound JC5 amp (specifically for two-channel purposes), but Keces is like a more affordable and portable/headphone friendly version. Both are made in Taiwan.

Last edited:
Jun 16, 2023 at 7:25 PM Post #21,521 of 25,680
He1000v2 is end of line and discountinued soon , replaced by he1000(v2) stealth ,

not confident Hifiman took the old he1000 ( years old model and out of production ) , and upgraded them to stealth magnets while putting the he1000v2 apart and out of production,
in fact he1000(v2) stealth carries also upgrades that he1000v2 carried over he1000
Just call the He1000 stealth that, and leave the V2 out of it because they aren't the V2 anymore. That's what Hi-Fiman themselves use on their website.

Jun 17, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #21,522 of 25,680
Somebody mentioned here, in the last week or so, that their susvara cane with different cables - ie not the rubbery ones. See what you get as this may be a very recent change. I believe these cables may be hifimans new standard cables, at least for the susvaras and hek1000 hps.
Cables look the same to me but 3.5mm into the Susvara. I think they were 2.5mm on earlier models?

*Cable left thrown all over the place for dramatic affect*

New cable ordered from this fellow who was recommended as he uses some very good quality silver:

https://www.cosmic-cables.co.uk/product-page/mercury-occ-pure-silver-2

Sounds great right out of the box with the catheter cables.

Attachments

• 20230617_153623.jpg
    20230617_153623.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #21,523 of 25,680
Was me the one received fabric cables instead of blood transfusion cables. The serial number of the driver in the owner card says the manufacturing date. 27th March in my case, wich it means recent batch. But honestly I think they are the transfusion cables with fabric cover because they have the same crazy movements. I replaced them with Lavricable Grand with rodhium terminations both sides, 4 pin XLR plug to Bliss, clean sound and lot of new microdetails coming into my ears.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #21,525 of 25,680
Oh no, just buy new susvara with production date 2023 January.
I got the transfusion cable 😭

You are not missing anything. As I said, I think they are the transfusion cables disguised in fabric.

Btw, my first entire week with the Susvara. The first time was a revelation, even more with the Lavri cables. Each day they get more addictive and are a great complement to ZMF headphones, specially to the Atrium, too diffenrent flavors to swap depending on my mood. Certainly is that is a headphone that sounds creamy, is not harsh compared to my previous Hifiman headphones. I like to listen the Susvara by night at low volume levels, is so relaxing that makes me fall asleep in my armchair easily :relieved:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back