Hugo M Scaler by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
Mar 2, 2021 at 10:31 AM Post #12,931 of 18,518
juansan, my wife says she loves me no matter what, and I’m gonna go with it. 😊 She didn’t make out too bad yesterday either because I bought an 11” iPad Pro for her and our daughter.

Hi Five for buying the same ipad as me.

Forgot to add, I get the vaccine at the end of this week.

However, I think the vaccine is a nano rfid chip, so that we can be tracked 24/7 worldwide.

It is possible, as one doctor/researcher did it to himself, so who knows what gunna happen, “insert xfiles here”

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #12,932 of 18,518
Hi Five for buying the same ipad as me.

Forgot to add, I get the vaccine at the end of this week.

However, I think the vaccine is a nano rfid chip, so that we can be tracked 24/7 worldwide.

It is possible, as one doctor/researcher did it to himself, so who knows what gunna happen, “insert xfiles here”
Amberlamps, I went for the 512gb WiFi + cellular version because I just couldn’t see us being able to use one whole terabyte of memory. The latest 11” iPad Pro iteration is amazing in what it can do because of its ease of use and configuration into our Apple 🍏 multiverse. Yes the iPad was a gift yesterday to my wife and our 5yr old daughter for the 20th anniversary of Heather and I being together. It seems to be a good investment.

Attachments

• 5697D64B-688E-4561-A7D3-C3032AAE9108.jpeg
    5697D64B-688E-4561-A7D3-C3032AAE9108.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Mar 2, 2021 at 12:19 PM Post #12,933 of 18,518
griff500, I kinda fell up didn’t I? When I can sit listening to my headphones in the same room as my girls, and hear what they’re doing because I have open-backed hp’s, it’s the best situation ever.

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #12,934 of 18,518
I think the lowest end Wave cables are in that range, and there has been very positive feedback on them.

I own the middle tier (solid copper, around $1k) and they are absolute magic.

Get in touch with @Triode User and he can give you a ton of feedback based on what you are looking to achieve.
I own the same Cable and agree.

Mar 2, 2021 at 12:23 PM Post #12,935 of 18,518
Just to try a different direction than the Wave cables, I purchased 2 ten packs of these https://palomar-engineers.com/ferri...-Range-200-2000-MHz-Bulk-Pack-of-10-p90491417 and placed them my BNC cables (Blue Jeans), USB cable, and power cables from the Chord switching supplies to the devices (TT2 and Mscaler). Seemed to magnify the effects of the Mscaler enough that I don't feel like the $100 was a waste. The Wave cables could be better but I'm not motivated to go that far. I'm aware others state the snap on ferrites don't provide the same results as the rings. Disclaimer - none of my actions were double blind study tested, I'm willing to accept placebo effect can take place, and your results may vary.
The only person you have to satisfy is yourself. 👍

Mar 2, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #12,936 of 18,518
Amberlamps, I went for the 512gb WiFi + cellular version because I just couldn’t see us being able to use one whole terabyte of memory. The latest 11” iPad Pro iteration is amazing in what it can do because of its ease of use and configuration into our Apple 🍏 multiverse. Yes the iPad was a gift yesterday to my wife and our 5yr old daughter for the 20th anniversary of Heather and I being together. It seems to be a good investment.

I approve of the above post !

512Gb + sim is the exact same ipad as mine, when I come to think about it, I will never use anywhere near 512gb but it will come in handy in a minute or two***

There is alot of new things for me to figure out as my old ipad never got upgraded and is still stuck on ios 12.

***Not sure if you know this, but, in windows 10 your ipad will show up as another ssd/hdd without you having to do anything.

I was using my ipad via wifi at the time to remote in to my headless Nuc ( me being lazy ) and I then noticed that my Nuc was showing my ipad as another usable hard drive,

I think it may be caused by microsofts Remote Desktop which is cool as......
30B9EB1C-74C9-48F5-8717-45D47266AC81.png

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 5:02 PM Post #12,938 of 18,518
Greetings,

I just purchased a Hugo M Scaler. Does anyone have a trick for installing the batteries in the remote? I can’t seem to open the battery cover. I pushed down on the dots and tried to slide to the bottom of the remote. Thanks

Mar 2, 2021 at 5:05 PM Post #12,939 of 18,518
Greetings,

I just purchased a Hugo M Scaler. Does anyone have a trick for installing the batteries in the remote? I can’t seem to open the battery cover. I pushed down on the dots and tried to slide to the bottom of the remote. Thanks

Try harder. :) It won't break. Same happened to me, had to keep trying. It's just much tighter on there than the TT2 remote, despite their similarities. I found that going at it with two fingers works. Both thumbs I mean.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 5:51 PM Post #12,941 of 18,518
I never use the remote :)

Mar 2, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #12,942 of 18,518
Greetings,

Congrats on the HMS! I is a total game-changer. I have owned mine for only a week and am rediscovering my entire collection. I look forward to hearing your thoughts! (On the remote, just try to get a fingernail in the groove and it will pop right off).

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #12,943 of 18,518
I think the lowest end Wave cables are in that range, and there has been very positive feedback on them.

I own the middle tier (solid copper, around $1k) and they are absolute magic.

Get in touch with @Triode User and he can give you a ton of feedback based on what you are looking to achieve.
So the middle tier steam cables make a big difference with m scaler?

Mar 2, 2021 at 8:02 PM Post #12,944 of 18,518
So the middle tier steam cables make a big difference with m scaler?
Yes. The Stream cables are, I believe, the ones Rob Watts uses, if my memory serves me correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back