Hugo TT 2 by Chord Electronics - The Official Thread
May 10, 2018 at 1:56 PM Post #31 of 18,907
Mm...the Chord Hugo TT was my 2nd Chord product. Traded it for the Chord Dave. This new version of the TT looks very sexy. Loved the TT as it required no external power source, making it a true reference-grade transportable DAC/Headphone amp that can be paired with just about any top-tier headphones.

Isn’t the Hugo 2 more suitable for that? The Hugo TT is quite big and it is not something I would carry to work to be honest.

May 10, 2018 at 2:24 PM Post #33 of 18,907
You can get a DAVE, new, around 8K. This will be far too close to the TT2. So basically, Chord will only cannibalize on it's high end customer base. Save a few quid on a TT2, but hardly a mid tier DAC.
Dude...8000 is....two kidneys instead of one for sale...

May 10, 2018 at 3:15 PM Post #35 of 18,907
Isn’t the Hugo 2 more suitable for that? The Hugo TT is quite big and it is not something I would carry to work to be honest.

Mm...Hugo TT > Hugo. I expect: Hugo TT2 > Hugo 2. But the DAVE rules them all, specially with the Blu Mk II.

I did carry the TT in my backpack for out of town trips. Hence, transportable. Also, since it was battery powered, I did not have to deal with dirty power.

Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #36 of 18,907
Mm...Hugo TT > Hugo. I expect: Hugo TT2 > Hugo 2. But the DAVE rules them all, specially with the Blu Mk II.

I did carry the TT in my backpack when I am travelling out of town. Hemce, transportable.

It’s a bit too big for me to carry with me every day to be honest. But I guess for some it is transportable. :p

May 10, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #39 of 18,907
Last edited:
May 10, 2018 at 4:23 PM Post #40 of 18,907
Hi,
Is this TT2 a DAC only or

Normal PA + DAC + hp amp = all 3 in 1?

I was looking dedicated tube PA for 2 channel system and later on a dedicated DAC.
Almost going to audition a PA today til I read the news today.
I guess I can wait until Fall of 2018.

May 10, 2018 at 4:28 PM Post #41 of 18,907
Hi,
Is this TT2 a DAC only or

Normal PA + DAC + hp amp = all 3 in 1?

I was looking dedicated tube PA for 2 channel system and later on a dedicated DAC.
Almost going to audition a PA today til I read the news today.
I guess I can wait until Fall of 2018.

It's a a DAC/Headphone amp w/ 3 headphones outs/ as well as a preamp (for powered speakers, an external headphone amp, A/V receiver, etc)

May 10, 2018 at 4:35 PM Post #42 of 18,907
Im tickled with TT can't wait for boxing day for TT2, well actually id be fine with another year but progress stops for no one. Chop licking good :yum:

May 10, 2018 at 5:14 PM Post #43 of 18,907
Hi @Rob Watts

Do the TT2’s measurements come really close to Dave’s?

The power supply and analogue sections read like things have really been improved. Dave is 3 years old, so naturally there will be improvements of course.

There’s only the marketing material to go off but the power supply and analogue section improvements read very impressive indeed!

Can you share measurements when you get a chance and share which measurements specifically where Dave still rules supreme?

Just eye balling what’s been published so far and knowing you’ve probably learnt a lot even since Dave 3 years ago, I imagine it’s really really close to Dave in performance.

Cheers!

May 10, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #44 of 18,907
i hope the tt2 thread avoids the ch2 threads association with Dave comparisons. TT is a different animal all together, the line up is separated by diffinitive price points that begs which should I get. Dave is Dave, tt is tt and Hugo is Hugo. They each have a reason for being and each stands on its own. Of course comparisons will be made but let’s not fool ourselves into thinking one product can replace another straight up...early days but TT is just TT I’m excited though and will pick one up Boxing Day so my comparison will be after that. I never auditioned Dave for a reason, tt is my zone.

May 10, 2018 at 6:04 PM Post #45 of 18,907
Everyone has missed emphasizing the TT2's biggest feature: the frigging 7.3Watts into a nominal 8ohm output for driving any 96ohm or better efficient speakers! And with the touted super-caps and revamped output stage, the TT2 has the power to drive transients and handle speaker impedance fluctuations. Yes, this is Rob's digital amp technology integrated into a mini-Dave. I almost bought a Hugo2 because even its 2watts direct to my 98dB Voxativ speakers sounded incredible ...although just a bit thin. I am certainly going to wait for TT2 to see if it can close the gap on requirement for an external amp. If so, TT2 is the ultimate integrated ...at least for my nearfield setup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back