iFi audio iDSD Diablo - A portable reference done our way!
Jan 15, 2021 at 2:44 AM Post #61 of 2,990
Clearly, the diablo seems to take a bit different way than the signature with this time a full balanced system, totally pure direct sound with no "extra" like xbass/3D features which are probably not fully balanced in the former iFi Signature (which was announced as a limited version when it came out ?).
One important new feature is that the usb-c power supply is not a side of the dac/amp, but at a much more logical and convenient place beside all input spdif / usb A femelle.

I would say the 2 only real issues left are :
1) still no LDAC BT5.0
2) and no "USB-C" DAC input (the old USB-A female plug is rather unused nowadays).

I would think that the Red colour is not really a technical colour for high-end Hifi items

Anyway, well done ... I will probably go this way soon or late.

Jan 15, 2021 at 2:56 AM Post #62 of 2,990
£899, (€999, $899)

Great, always the euro is losing. And don't say that its because you need to send it to Europe because you are still maintaining the same quantity for the British pound and the destination its very close to. $899 = ~740€ But no, instead of giving us the opportunity of buying one with good price, you increase it to the most expensive one, thanks

Jan 15, 2021 at 3:16 AM Post #63 of 2,990
Wonder if Diablo and Neo share the same sound signature.
I have a "tour" Neo unit currently at home. It sounds a bit different from iDSD Signature - it has more neutral/reference tonality.
While Signature is also on a neutral side it less dry and slightly warmer with more weighty notes in comparison. I love it.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 3:41 AM Post #66 of 2,990
So, still two DSD1793 chips then. Sigh. I was looking forward to something new, finally, after all this time.

Like, flagship Burr-Brown PCM1794As would have gotten my attention :s I don't get how iDSD Pro or Diablo don't use better DAC chips @iFi audio
I understand iFi strives for a common house sound, but how many more of the same-style DACs will you guys keep making haha.

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2021 at 4:55 AM Post #67 of 2,990
So, still two DSD1793 chips then. Sigh. I was looking forward to something new, finally, after all this time.

Like, flagship Burr-Brown PCM1794As would have gotten my attention :s I don't get how iDSD Pro or Diablo don't use better DAC chips @iFi audio
I understand iFi strives for a common house sound, but how many more of the same-style DACs will you guys keep making haha.
+1

Jan 15, 2021 at 5:13 AM Post #70 of 2,990
this or signature?? i use hipdac and often use xbass.. and it is cheaper too sooooo.......

Jan 15, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #72 of 2,990
I guess the red colour release for the upcoming Chinese New Year and probably there will be other colour in the future

Jan 15, 2021 at 7:19 AM Post #74 of 2,990
It is sounds very warm and the treble is also hot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back