iFi audio PowerStation - The Official Thread - New reviews at page 8 !!!
Jun 28, 2023 at 12:35 PM Post #241 of 264
Are you using Airlink? They are all center earth.

Balanced meaning that the polarity does not matter. Thats why powerstation is confused
I use SAC Thailand here is the link.

http://www.sacthailand.com/transformer_blitz.html

Yes balanced both side-feed whether only what devices draw the electricity any ever polarity. In Korea, they use balanced for example. I wonder if the ground circuit detection would effect sound quality.

Jun 28, 2023 at 1:34 PM Post #242 of 264
The best combination for me is AC purifier+Furutech clearline+Supanova(tried 3000+cable not as good as Supanova) then feed it to a balanced isolation transformer. I tried the power station before the isolation transformer and its sound dryer than before.

My best solution is to use a power station for only dc devices only routers, network switches, etc not analog devices. And the power station is better than the Shunyata venom ps10 which I have used before.
IMG_2876.jpeg

Jun 28, 2023 at 2:13 PM Post #243 of 264
The best combination for me is AC purifier+Furutech clearline+Supanova(tried 3000+cable not as good as Supanova) then feed it to a balanced isolation transformer. I tried the power station before the isolation transformer and its sound dryer than before.

My best solution is to use a power station for only dc devices only routers, network switches, etc not analog devices. And the power station is better than the Shunyata venom ps10 which I have used before.
If you have the option of two poweroutlets...

1. Powerstation with digital:
2. Isolation transformer Analog

oh you also have a shunyata!....how many things do you have attached?

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2023 at 2:56 PM Post #244 of 264
I had Niagara 5000, Shunyata Denali,
IMG_9589_Original.jpeg
and sold all then only use isolation transformer to feed analogs. In my opinion, these power regulators won’t make any improvement over good Analogs devices such as good amplifiers and pre-amplifier My amplifier is Plinius SA reference and the preamp is Goldmund Mimesis 22S(separate power supply). My best solution is furutech ncf outlet+ac purifier+supanoa(used isoclean supreme 3500 usd cord can not beat supanova) then to Isolation transformer this is one route to my analogs then I use another outlet same configuration ncf power outlet ac purifier supanova cord to the power station and only feed digital devices.

Jun 29, 2023 at 12:00 PM Post #245 of 264
I tried another new power cable to feed the powerstation from wall outlet(Taga TPS-TS) a relative cheap 100$ one i bought to use to power router and switch side. Also i have inserted two ac purifiers.

The result is worse now with less bass and dynamics and less musical and flat. And still very sibilant and unforgiving.

I think it is more the Taga power cables fault then inserting the 2 ac purifiers because my understanding is that ac purifiers dont reduce dynamics. I used the AudioQuest NRG-Z3 power cable before, now i at least know its a good power cable.

Maybe though the Taga need burn in time but i would not count on these things if i had a return window which i dont have on either the power station or cable. So i am going to give it time to see if the sibilant sound gets better over time with power station.

Also mine power station shows red red i dont have grounded outlets. But I guess this shouldn't effect the performance of power station its just an indicator. When everything else equal the Dynavox X2000 performs much better in terms of the sibilance control.

What i noticed though is that my oled picture looked very sharp and good(i think the 2 inserted ac purifiers helped) so maybe i will also avoid analog products and only power tv and apple tv and other digital devices.

Attachments

• IMG_20230627_222453.jpg
    IMG_20230627_222453.jpg
    668.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 29, 2023 at 2:02 PM Post #246 of 264
Btw when I use ifi power station direct from the wall+ac purifier +suoanova (dc blocker soon) to feed my digital gears also use a purifier between each device plus one Furutech clear line. I think this is on par with Niagara 5000 and shunyata denali 6000 with the price of half of those.

Jul 4, 2023 at 3:05 AM Post #247 of 264
@iFi audio or anyone know which side N or L polarity is on the EU sockets if i am looking behind from this angle?
1688454123445.png

I noticed when i reversed the power cable in my wall outlet that the Ferrum Hypsos hummed alot less.

Jul 4, 2023 at 3:39 AM Post #248 of 264
@iFi audio or anyone know which side N or L polarity is on the EU sockets if i am looking behind from this angle?

I noticed when i reversed the power cable in my wall outlet that the Ferrum Hypsos hummed alot less.
With iFi Im not sure. Elite turned out to be inverted. ALL my three 5V 12V 15V ipower elites.

Get this..70euro on amazon
https://oehlbach.com/en/phase-detector/phaser-d1c17017

Plug the power cable into the ifi strip and the schuko end into the phaser. If it tells you a certain pin has the polarity/live signal, its the one.

Last edited:
Jul 4, 2023 at 4:37 AM Post #249 of 264
With iFi Im not sure. Elite turned out to be inverted. ALL my three 5V 12V 15V ipower elites.

Get this..70euro on amazon
https://oehlbach.com/en/phase-detector/phaser-d1c17017

Plug the power cable into the ifi strip and the schuko end into the phaser. If it tells you a certain pin has the polarity/live signal, its the one.
Thanks not sure though how i could detect which side on powerstation outlets is N or L with that one.

Maybe I should get this supra phase pen where it will indicate when there is less magnetic field comming from the cable. The one showing the least magnetic field will be the right connection=less resistance. Apperently this can improve sound quality.

1688459851195.png

Jul 4, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #250 of 264
On my Dynavox X2000 thet have marked the L and N which is great.

1688460285833.png

Jul 4, 2023 at 6:22 AM Post #251 of 264
multimeter is the easiest way then…oehlback shows red LED for the poliarity

Jul 13, 2023 at 3:04 AM Post #252 of 264
Powerstation is cleaner sounding then Niagara 1000. So less congestion making me hear more details in every frequency range. Will not make things sound smoother though. Niagara 1000 sound more tube like which can be nice also and also sounds a little louder maybe because of the one unfiltered outlet dedicated for Amp. To my ears no one is hampering dynamics.

I guess they have to team work and see where which of my audio devices suits best to connect to. I am thinking TV, Apple tv, SPDIF iPurifier2 (which i recently bought), 2 ac purifiers on one power conditioner and Amp, Streamer, Atlas Grun cable on the other.

It was coming alot of noise from HP when i dident connect the Atlas Grun cable to same powerconditioner as the device the Atlas Rca grun was connected to meaning Amp and streamer. That when Streamer was in standby but when powered on the noise dissappeared. https://www.atlascables.com/acc-grun-adapters.html

Dynavox X2000 for router/switch. Might need one acpurifier there.

Last edited:
Jul 14, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #253 of 264
It was interesting when i put in the spdif purifier 2 in the Dynavox X2000 power conditioner i noticed the tv picture did not look as sharp as before. Even though ifi say its quiter then usual smps it impacts near connected devices and even though i have put 2 ac purifiers in total seperating all sockets. It did however improve the tvs optical sound to my ears. Fuller less bright. I had Tv and apple Tv only connected before inserting spdif purifier 2 to Dynavox X2000. It did not however Impact the powerstation with amp and streamer just connected. Dynavox X2000 and powerstation is connected to same wall outlet it has 2 wall outlets. So one for each.

It just goes to show how important it is for a power conditioner to have as well isolated sockets from each other. This is not maybe the Dynavox X2000 strong point at a price of 140$.

Time to switch up, Tv, Apple TV, SPDIF iPurifier2 duty for powerstation, and amp, streamer duty for Dynavox X2000.

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2023 at 8:13 PM Post #255 of 264
I see that these are selling for 749 at amazon, is it a new version or did the price increase due to parts? I originally bought mine for 499.99 on amazon.
It's not a new version. (EDIT) Amazon charges more than iFi does on their website.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back