iFi audio Pro iDSD (Official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.
Sep 4, 2021 at 9:32 AM Post #1,846 of 2,186
Anyways‌, I really enjoyed the stack! A bit surprised that the iCAN didn't have a 4.4mm port, I thought both units would have one but it's not such a big deal.
I prefer the 4-pin large XLR than the 2.5mm or even the 4.4mm balanced connectors. I don't like my left and right signals getting "too close" to one another if you get my drift. :darthsmile: and it is easy for these tired old hands and eyes to make them up if I so choose.

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #1,847 of 2,186
1. I think it might be a safety issue, if I were to hold something metal like a paper clip and touch the gap that is sticking out while plugged in, there may be some problems.

2. I'm guessing it's probably intentionally designed by IFI.
To number one I say don't do it and to number two I say it's not a design flaw but, rather, a feature. In any event you've got yourself a really nice system there!

Sep 4, 2021 at 9:49 AM Post #1,848 of 2,186
Another question, I just upgraded my ifi iPRO to the latest firmware to v1.38 and now on Audrivana 3.5, every track I play, playback skips the first few seconds of every song.

Anybody ever notice this? I might reflash the previous firmware if this annoyance keeps up.......

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:46 AM Post #1,850 of 2,186
I think it might be a safety issue, if I were to hold something metal like a paper clip and touch the gap that is sticking out while plugged in, there may be some problems.

I'm guessing it's probably intentionally designed by IFI.

Anyways‌, I really enjoyed the stack! A bit surprised that the iCAN didn't have a 4.4mm port, I thought both units would have one but it's not such a big deal.
I believe the outer metal part is ground so no issue here IMO.

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:49 AM Post #1,851 of 2,186
Another question, I just upgraded my ifi iPRO to the latest firmware to v1.38 and now on Audrivana 3.5, every track I play, playback skips the first few seconds of every song.

Anybody ever notice this? I might reflash the previous firmware if this annoyance keeps up.......
I thought the ifi Pro DSD latest firmware is 2.08 ?
Are u talking about the ican amp??

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:52 AM Post #1,852 of 2,186
I thought the ifi Pro DSD latest firmware is 2.08 ?
Are u talking about the ican amp??

Actually you're right.

Also the problem seems to be gone now, but it was acting up earlier with ROON, Audirvana 3.5 and Studio.

The driver was a little wonky with the software and needed sometime to stabalize I guess.

Sep 4, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #1,853 of 2,186
With so many music players and settings its easy to experience delays etc...
Depending on the settings in your pc, streamer and players OMG..it can be daunting at times.
Glad its working for you now...

Now issues here with Foobar 2000 and Jriver Music Player and Qobuz.
All set up for bitperfect and WASAPI (event or push)..
I also make sure there is no delay set in the players.
In WIndows its exclusive mode etc.

Sep 4, 2021 at 2:55 PM Post #1,855 of 2,186
I cant get over how great of a "DAC" this is, the PRO DSD holds it own against other dacs even at a higher price....absolutely amazing. The amp or linestage is ok but the DAC part is magical....with my D8000 Pros....and several other great amps is pretty much as good as it gets....and I have tried many, many other dacs and amps and cans...

Sweet!

Sep 4, 2021 at 5:53 PM Post #1,856 of 2,186
With so many music players and settings its easy to experience delays etc...
Depending on the settings in your pc, streamer and players OMG..it can be daunting at times.
Glad its working for you now...

Now issues here with Foobar 2000 and Jriver Music Player and Qobuz.
All set up for bitperfect and WASAPI (event or push)..
I also make sure there is no delay set in the players.
In WIndows its exclusive mode etc.

I finally found my issue, it was during "sample rate change" on my Audirvana and Roon, when I would switch between CD quality and DSD256, there would be a 1-2 seconds of skipping whenever I did that. I simply just added a 1 second delay during sample rate change in the settings and that solved the problem for me.

Also, do not switch and play DSD files between the WASAPI and ASIO driver types, the IFI drivers will go nuts and DSD playback will be distorted (I fixed it by reflashing the latest IFI drivers to the iPRO again. I'm sticking with ASIO for now.

Sep 14, 2021 at 12:12 AM Post #1,859 of 2,186
I am sorry I have a naive question about the clock-in/sync function of the Pro iDSD. What is the difference between the following 4 options? What should I choose if I using Grimm Audio CC2?
- Atmoic
- DARS
- 10MHz
- Standalone

Moreover, is the clock-in/sync function corresponding to all digital inputs of the Pro iDSD?
Hello community
Does anyone have experience with Sotm master clock connected to IFi pro IDSD?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back