iFi audio Pro iDSD (Official) - NEW Firmware - MQA and more.
Sep 16, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #1,861 of 2,186
Anyone know a decent stack stand that encourages airflow for my iFi stack (iDSD Pro & iCAN)? They're right on top of each other, in between them the bottom rubber part of the iDSD Pro, both components get pretty warm even using them for 15 minutes, I figure that the iDSD Pro is covering the top vents of the iCAN.

I would probably be looking for a stand that are just big enough to fit the dimensions of both components and seperates them both with holes to let them both breathe.

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:55 PM Post #1,864 of 2,186
Anyone know a decent stack stand that encourages airflow for my iFi stack (iDSD Pro & iCAN)? They're right on top of each other, in between them the bottom rubber part of the iDSD Pro, both components get pretty warm even using them for 15 minutes, I figure that the iDSD Pro is covering the top vents of the iCAN.

I would probably be looking for a stand that are just big enough to fit the dimensions of both components and seperates them both with holes to let them both breathe.
Firstly, start with the Pro iCAN and put this one on top!
Second? Buy the Pro iRack Stack.

Sep 16, 2021 at 11:58 PM Post #1,865 of 2,186
Firstly, start with the Pro iCAN and put this one on top!
Second? Buy the Pro iRack Stack.
I guess it does make sense to have the iCAN on top because its providing the amplification and needs extra ventilation duh!

Thanks

Sep 17, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #1,866 of 2,186
Sep 17, 2021 at 2:13 AM Post #1,867 of 2,186
Thanks for your help... but there is no reference for a 48k DSD capability.
https://ifi-audio.com/faqs/dsd-48000hz-sampling-rates/

Aunt Edit:
I also please you to familiarize yourself with the history and backround of Delta Sigma Modulators, Multibit Oversampling and physical conditions around it at all. :wink:

So, in my modest opinion there is no need to cry for it. But feel free to find your own truth. ✌🏻

You're welcome.

Cheers

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 9:33 AM Post #1,871 of 2,186
Thinking of getting a Pro IDSD soon, and I have a couple of questions:
- how much more powerful is the balanced 4.4 vs the 2.5 version?
- does the unit have to be turned off when not in use? Or can it be left on 24/7
- Is the Airplay connection good for regular PCM/mp3 playback? Or does it downgrade the file quality vs playing back via USB?
- Is there a smartphone app to control the different functions and filters of the unit?

Thanks!

Sep 30, 2021 at 7:06 AM Post #1,872 of 2,186
Thinking of getting a Pro IDSD soon, and I have a couple of questions:
- how much more powerful is the balanced 4.4 vs the 2.5 version?
- does the unit have to be turned off when not in use? Or can it be left on 24/7
- Is the Airplay connection good for regular PCM/mp3 playback? Or does it downgrade the file quality vs playing back via USB?
- Is there a smartphone app to control the different functions and filters of the unit?

Thanks!
Why should it has to have more power!? Same device, same Pentaconn pinout, only another formfactor of the connector. If you mean the new signature, there should be only the 4.4 Version now.

If you don't use a device, just turn it off to take a bit care of it. But at the end it is up to you.

It is recommended to use USB or wired connection at all over wireless, but it works like it is.

There are a few apps to use in combination with the Pro iDSD. The main app was/is MUZO Player, got an update not long ago and is "OK" now.
But there is no way to remote that much. It's a desk unit, so...
With the new signature will be a new refreshed remote. So, i think you could switch here eventually.

You're welcome

cheers

Last edited:
Sep 30, 2021 at 7:33 AM Post #1,873 of 2,186
Thanks for the info!

Sep 30, 2021 at 11:28 AM Post #1,874 of 2,186
48k DSD playback capability was lost during the MQA firmware update. Many users requested a firmware update fix but ignored by iFi for many years. I’m still waiting for an update from @Sebastien Chiu from iFi.

We are still waiting for an update here from our team as well, I followed up again.

Why should it has to have more power!? Same device, same Pentaconn pinout, only another formfactor of the connector. If you mean the new signature, there should be only the 4.4 Version now.

If you don't use a device, just turn it off to take a bit care of it. But at the end it is up to you.

It is recommended to use USB or wired connection at all over wireless, but it works like it is.

There are a few apps to use in combination with the Pro iDSD. The main app was/is MUZO Player, got an update not long ago and is "OK" now.
But there is no way to remote that much. It's a desk unit, so...
With the new signature will be a new refreshed remote. So, i think you could switch here eventually.

You're welcome

cheers

All great advice here, cheers! And correct on the 4.4mm note.

Sep 30, 2021 at 12:18 PM Post #1,875 of 2,186
All great advice here, cheers! And correct on the 4.4mm note.
No problem. Help where i can.

I'm still waiting to get my questions answered a bit long for my taste.
Got a 25m Cat 5e until i get an answer from support for the wireless issue since, yes...you know...

So, maybe you could help here in the near future.

Another very important thing, when mixing devices like Signature Pro iCAN with non Signature Pro iDSD f.e.

1. Does the new remote/ functions work with old device? Or is a firmware refresh/ fix needed?

2. Which Firmware is on Signature? And if it is an improved one, also available for non signature?

Thank you

Cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back