Insomnia and a Credit Card
Aug 4, 2006 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

dcguy73

Formerly known as dc_guy
Two things that don't mix. Good thing there aren't many FS postings at 2, 3 AM...else I'd have a hangover when I got my statement...
580smile.gif

Aug 4, 2006 at 7:45 AM Post #2 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dc_guy
Two things that don't mix. Good thing there aren't many FS postings at 2, 3 AM...else I'd have a hangover when I got my statement...
580smile.gif

The only reason I buy so much is because I see all the ads before everybody wakes up and can't help myself.. Haha! :p.

Aug 4, 2006 at 2:10 PM Post #6 of 25
I can remember at least two instances where insomnia actually helped me snag a few good deals. However, in the grand scheme of things, maybe it was only pouring more gas on the fire...

Aug 4, 2006 at 2:12 PM Post #7 of 25
Funny you should mention this. Today in my email I got something about ordering a pair of KSC 35s. I totally forgot I placed an order for them last night, after seeing some 25% off thing.

Aug 4, 2006 at 2:40 PM Post #8 of 25
Lucky for me I usually throw my wallet in the drawer next to my bed when I get home from work. I tend to leave it there since it'll mean waking up my wife.

I did manage to buy a ton of computer parts when I was on pain killers for my wisdom teeth removal. Checked my e-mail a couple of days later and noticed some e-mails saying product has shipped... oops. Cost me about $500.

A guy I work with single handedly keeps Amazon alive with his late night purchases. He literally gets 3-4 shipments a week.

Aug 4, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1son
. . .
A guy I work with single handedly keeps Amazon alive with his late night purchases. He literally gets 3-4 shipments a week.

*Wanders oh so casually away, whistling a snippet of melody from a very obscure CD that just happened to show up while . . .*
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2006 at 11:53 PM Post #11 of 25
Why is it so important and/or comforting to buy things from people we've never seen so late in the night?
eek.gif
I'm not trying to start a club here, but I'm surprised to find this thread finding so many members' interests...

Aug 5, 2006 at 4:30 AM Post #13 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mercuttio
Funny you should mention this. Today in my email I got something about ordering a pair of KSC 35s. I totally forgot I placed an order for them last night, after seeing some 25% off thing.

You got that email because you bought KOSS of ebay, or read the post. That is awesome. I thought about it, but I can't buy another pair. I might get a set for a work giveaway...though more likely I'll just pick up some Sparkplugs from Circuit City.

Aug 5, 2006 at 5:41 AM Post #15 of 25
Yeah, I bought a Rolex Submariner from a guy in Australia at 2am. Seemed like a splendid idea at the time though there was a bit of a problem with customs. Rolex America is a total dictatorship and the horilogical equivalent of Bose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back