Insomnia and a Credit Card
Aug 5, 2006 at 5:44 AM Post #16 of 25
Anyone with advice on what I should buy now? Only one of my eyes is stuck closed, right now. Off to Audiogon.
redface.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 6:04 AM Post #17 of 25
Luckily I've no credit card, and paypal takes 6-8
eek.gif
days to transfer funds from my account, so I've only bought one thing online due to insomnia--a $6 pc game, including shipping off ebay
biggrin.gif

But insomnia has a way of making purchases seem so much more justifiable! Its happened many a time, enough to convince me to go out shopping the next day!

I bought and returned Shure e3c's thanks to insomnia. Worst purchase yet, and if it weren't for Futureshop's no questions asked policy I'd be stuck with expensive poor sounding iems.

Aug 5, 2006 at 8:22 PM Post #18 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by trains are bad
I thought I was the only one. I have recieved countless things in the mail that I don't remember ordering.

Be thankful you did not order an spouse!
blink.gif

Aug 5, 2006 at 8:43 PM Post #19 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by ken36
Welcome aboard. My insomnia started when I was fourteen. I sleep now but it is because of all of the pills I take for other things. The advantage is around the clock access to the FS forums.
blink.gif

Just how crazy are you?
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 7, 2006 at 2:55 AM Post #20 of 25
Hmm, I'm considering an oath to no longer buy Internet goods after 12 midnight...
icon10.gif
I wonder if I should tell my S.O. about it...though that tends to make it enforceable...

Aug 7, 2006 at 3:11 AM Post #21 of 25
I would like to add a third: alcohol.

Insomnia + credit card + alcohol is the most dangerous mix there is.
wink.gif

Aug 8, 2006 at 7:15 AM Post #23 of 25
Insomnia: Because Mouser still sells soldering equipment... at 3am.

(Of course, the same thing applies to eBay, etc. It's all good untill the packages start arriving.)

-V

Jan 8, 2021 at 11:21 AM Post #24 of 25
I typically never purchase anything late night but it kind of sounds fun. I have in the past left the house at 3am and had a meal at a 24 hour restaurant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back