Introducing CL2 Planar (Impressions Thread)
Sep 27, 2018 at 2:38 PM Post #181 of 3,158
Keep trying to find the right tips. The fit when inserted properly is flush against my ear, and I actually have to dig these out of my ear. ( no chance of these falling out, ( I can do cart wheels all day) If they are falling out for you, change tips.
And yes the bass, it has come alive.
It is so responsive, and decay and quality is like nothing I have ever heard.
The vega was nice, but for me personally, this blows it out of the water. This is more accurate, more precise, and better believe it, more fun.
The comparisons to the andromeda are interesting, because I agree, with the bass being there, the resolution, and precision is not compromised in the least, it is crystal clear, and the mids and highs are surgically accurate. The bass never bleeds out for a micro second.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #182 of 3,158
Usually I use large ear tips, for CL2, the smallest tips are a bit large to me :frowning2:
I won't say it is harsh but there are sharpness here and there when listening. I like treble and I enjoy Beyerdynamic T1 so you can see that I am not sensitive to it. I'll see what will happen after a week.
Burrrrrnnnnn itt!!

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #183 of 3,158
These have been running for a constant 50 hours. With 24 hours at high volume.
I don't hear any harshness in the treble, if anything the highest frequencies are transparent, and don't drown out the rest of the track.
No discomfort or hearing fatigue, these have been in my ear almost non stop.

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:40 PM Post #186 of 3,158
I can only repeat myself, RHA did a great job with the CL2. One of the best buys in audio for me.
Thanks for helping me make the decision. Much appreciated.
Now I am gonna sit back and let others chime in with their observations.
Can't keep beating a dead horse :)

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 3:53 PM Post #188 of 3,158
The CL1 uses a modified MMCX connector, which locks in one position and is not rotatable. I believe it is not compatible with MMCX. It looks like it would fit - I’m reluctant to try and risk damaging my CL1s.

@RHA Team can you confirm this?
Ok did not noticed it. The cables do really work well with my Beyerdynamic Xelentos though :)

Sep 27, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #189 of 3,158
Thanks guy

Thanks for helping me make the decision. Much appreciated.
Now I am gonna sit back and let others chime in with their observations.
Can't keep beating a dead horse :)

Right, all compliments are annoying if they are repeated too often :deadhorse:
I am going to do the same and post an in-depth review next week. Until then, enjoy your CL2s if you already have them, be patient if you are waiting for delivery, or stop hesitating and just place the order! :wink:

Sep 27, 2018 at 4:13 PM Post #190 of 3,158
Right, all compliments are annoying if they are repeated too often :deadhorse:
I am going to do the same and post an in-depth review next week. Until then, enjoy your CL2s if you already have them, be patient if you are waiting for delivery, or stop hesitating and just place the order! :wink:
Looking forward to reading it. :)

Sep 27, 2018 at 4:56 PM Post #192 of 3,158
Burrrrrnnnnn itt!!
Man, you are mean. I just got it and you want me to use a lighter to burn it in order to make it sound right. I am not smart but I am not that foolish...:wink:

Sep 27, 2018 at 7:35 PM Post #193 of 3,158
Borderline criminal to listen to these with foam tips.
You should be arrested and sent to a re-education camp. :)
If anyone has used symbio eartips with these, can you please let me know, how that worked out for you.
Thanks

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2018 at 11:35 PM Post #194 of 3,158
At the beginning treble was sharp for me as well.Different tips and deep insertion changed it completely.And I’m very sensitive to treble sharpness:) As the CL2 require correct tips, deep insertion and burn in, I hope the reviewers will really test them long time before publishing their reviews.These really deserve a lot:) I don’t miss PP8 , Oriolus and all other IEMs I had and sold at all and this say a lot. I’m looking forward for someone to test different cables with these.I have the feeling with cables like thor ii these would be jaw dropping.
How do these compare to the xelento?

Sep 28, 2018 at 12:08 AM Post #195 of 3,158
How do these compare to the xelento?

Xelento are smoother and have a more romantic sound signature with bass which is more present.Sub-bass is more powerful with Xelento but CL2 is tighter and mid bass hits harder (and with burn in it is still changing).Treble is more extended with CL2.Also fit is different.Deep for CL2,shallow with Xelento.To be honest I love them both and they are so different that I like to have them both:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back